Verifly

trtog7

I fold. 

There are UK residents on current cruises. I recommend you post on one of those threads and ask them how they provided proof of vaccination to Viking. 

I have provided the Viking instructions---if they do not apply to UK or Canadian residents then somebody could perhaps supply those specific directions.

5 hours ago, broker1217 said:

I fold. 

There are UK residents on current cruises. I recommend you post on one of those threads and ask them how they provided proof of vaccination to Viking. 

I have provided the Viking instructions---if they do not apply to UK or Canadian residents then somebody could perhaps supply those specific directions.

Viking accept UK covid vaccination proof, Norway have their own version and reciprocal agreements with us and the EU, it's verify that's the problem. It will accept vaccine appointment cards as proof, making it pointless for UK people. 

I’m scheduled on Viking cruise out of San Juan on 2/25/22. I received email from Viking this morning saying I needed to complete Verifly at least 7 days prior to the cruise. It says I must do one specifically for cruise, if one has been done for airline I must still complete it for Viking. 

15JAN2022

Dear Viking Guest,

Thank you for booking your upcoming journey with Viking. As we prepare to welcome you on board, we want to advise you of a new component to the Viking Health & Safety Program.

As you know, all guests must be vaccinated prior to boarding our ships. As such, we will need to verify your COVID-19 vaccination status. To expedite the embarkation process, Viking has partnered with Verifly, an independent third-party vendor, to digitally pre-verify your vaccination status through their app.

Please note, some airlines and countries are also using the VeriFLY app. The verification process is separate for each travel carrier or destination. If you have completed the VeriFLY process for your airline, you will need to create a VeriFLY pass for Viking as well.

Please complete the vaccination verification for your Viking voyage, no later than seven days prior to your departure, by following the steps below.

1 hour ago, LP987 said:

15JAN2022

Dear Viking Guest,

Thank you for booking your upcoming journey with Viking. As we prepare to welcome you on board, we want to advise you of a new component to the Viking Health & Safety Program.

As you know, all guests must be vaccinated prior to boarding our ships. As such, we will need to verify your COVID-19 vaccination status. To expedite the embarkation process, Viking has partnered with Verifly, an independent third-party vendor, to digitally pre-verify your vaccination status through their app.

Please note, some airlines and countries are also using the VeriFLY app. The verification process is separate for each travel carrier or destination. If you have  ca the VeriFLY process for your airline, you will need to create a VeriFLY pass for Viking as well.

Please complete the vaccination verification for your Viking voyage, no later than seven days prior to your departure, by following the steps below.

I had the same problem. Call Viking and explain the problem. To get vaccine certificate to Viking they had me use "Travel Ready".

I found they had trouble with the difference between Canada and USA

• Like 1

Oh well will battle with it all in June ...decided the draconion stress of daily PCR tests in current pandemic despite  being triple vaccinated and completely avoiding Covid on QM2 ill fated Xmas cruise/19 day sea voyage was simply not worth the hassle so have rolled cruise booking over to another in July 

• 1 month later...
On 1/15/2022 at 5:07 AM, KBs mum said:

Viking accept UK covid vaccination proof, Norway have their own version and reciprocal agreements with us and the EU, it's verify that's the problem. It will accept vaccine appointment cards as proof, making it pointless for UK people. 

Following up on this......

Did you eventually get to upload your UK proof of vaccination to Verify?  What did you do?   Scan the QR code? 

If not,  what did you do? 

Thanks

10 hours ago, Lornaburg said:

Following up on this......

Did you eventually get to upload your UK proof of vaccination to Verify?  What did you do?   Scan the QR code? 

If not,  what did you do? 

Thanks

We just did ours last night.  I did my proof of vaccine on the phone, and took a screen capture.  If you have paper proof instead, you could photograph that.  The photograph is easy to upload when you get to that section.  I have never had any success with the QR code in Verifly for proof of vaccination.  Good luck!

• 4 weeks later...
7 hours ago, duquephart said:

Is this something that Viking requires? Recommends?

Requires.  You get reminded until you comply.  When we were on out B2B2B, already on the ship, we got insistent reminders to fill it out for each segment.  Not sure what happens if you don’t, but we’ve already taken care of this chore for ou4 cruise in a few weeks.

I just got our Verifly complete today. I was able to scan my QR code off the printed document no problem. I tried 4 times to do my wife's no luck. I entered the information manually and still no luck. As a last resort I brought up the saved file on my computer screen and scanned that, voila it worked. So that is that tedious chore complete. The next tedious "app" is ArriveCan... Apps I hate them, always billed to make your life "easier" always a source of infinite frustration.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

I just got our Verifly complete today. I was able to scan my QR code off the printed document no problem. I tried 4 times to do my wife's no luck. I entered the information manually and still no luck. As a last resort I brought up the saved file on my computer screen and scanned that, voila it worked. So that is that tedious chore complete. The next tedious "app" is ArriveCan... Apps I hate them, always billed to make your life "easier" always a source of infinite frustration.

And all so hackable...

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, millybess said:

That one is not so bad 😊

I managed to get that started. Once again my passport scanned easily, my wife's not so much. I did get it done eventually. I did get the vaccination record in as well. Now we have to wait until we are actually on the cruise to complete rest of it. Good thing our cruise stops in our home town so we can fill it out as we approach the dock using our own phone plan.

Edited by Blackduck59

On our Oct 2021 River Cruise with Viking we completed the VeriFly but never used it.  We had to show our vaccination card at the airport, hotel, all restaurants and of course before we boarded for the river cruise

For our April 2022 cruise spent at least 2 hours trying to complete the VeriFly. I could manually enter dates and type of vaccination.  The app would not let me download the photos of my Vaccination Card.

I called Viking and was referred to VeriFly customer service.  Verifly told me I needed to learn how to download my Vaccination QR code. The Georgia Department of Health and my doctors office do NOT use QR codes.  You get a vaccination card.

Sent message to tellus@....... Quickly received phone call "Don't Worry, they will just check your Vaccination). If you could complete Verifly you would NOT need to bring your vaccination card.

WRONG.  Need vaccination card for hotel and all restaurants, even the included breakfast at the hotel.

I had completed Verifly for Oct 2021 River cruise and then took the app off my phone.  VeriFly Customer Service believe that the old record was preventing me from uploading picture of card.

We are off to Vancouver, BC for a Viking cruise, shortly. I completed the Veryfly for Viking, which was only a picture of the vaccine card.  American Airlines uses the Veryfly app, too.  Canada has an app called ArriveCan that you can not do prior to 72 hours of entering Canada, but is required for entry.  The Veryfly app for American Airlines requires a code from the ArriveCan app to complete.   Maybe this will save time when we fly into Vancouver.  But, as we are preparing to pack, it seems to be excessive administrative actions.  We will see when be get to DFW or YVR. 

Additionally, Viking requires a PCR test within 72 hours or an antigen test within 24 hours of boarding and then another test on the ship.  Thus, we will be testing twice within 24 hours, once for the Antigen test and once for the test on the ship.  This seems excessive, as well.

Canada no longer requires a COVID test prior to entering Canada for Americans as long as you are fully vaccinated.  At least that is positive.

@reverie4401 I agree with you as to the testing, it is indeed tedious and often redundant. I'm really no fan of apps and I'm thankful that in my case I don't need to use Verifly and ArriveCan together. In our case we are done with Verifly when I board Orion in LA and ArriveCan only when we are coming home.

I take it you are doing the reverse of the Pacific Coastal that we are doing, starting in Vancouver and ending in LA. Enjoy your cruise.

8 minutes ago, duquephart said:

Have we yet gotten an answer to the "first outbound flight" pre-test? If your flight takes you to pre-cruise extension what is the point?

Viking's literature is a bit ambiguous on pre-cruise testing requirements.  We are planning on 5 days touring BC prior to boarding.  However, if we used Viking Air, it appears we could test prior to leaving home.  That doesn't make sense.  So, we are planning to take the Antigen test a day prior to the cruise.  Then, another test on the ship the next day.  That is redundant!!  

7 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

@reverie4401 I agree with you as to the testing, it is indeed tedious and often redundant. I'm really no fan of apps and I'm thankful that in my case I don't need to use Verifly and ArriveCan together. In our case we are done with Verifly when I board Orion in LA and ArriveCan only when we are coming home.

I take it you are doing the reverse of the Pacific Coastal that we are doing, starting in Vancouver and ending in LA. Enjoy your cruise.

Yes, we are doing the reverse from Vancouver to LA.  Keep the ship clean and no virus, please.  The 3 day requirement for ArriveCan, when you are packing and and flying into Canada is a bit short. 

Enjoy your cruise.   

2 minutes ago, reverie4401 said:

Viking's literature is a bit ambiguous on pre-cruise testing requirements.  We are planning on 5 days touring BC prior to boarding.  However, if we used Viking Air, it appears we could test prior to leaving home.  That doesn't make sense.  So, we are planning to take the Antigen test a day prior to the cruise.  Then, another test on the ship the next day.  That is redundant!!  

I hope you enjoy your time in my home Province. I don't think as a fully vaccinated traveler you will need to be tested before entry into Canada. I think you will need the test the day before boarding, at least as far as I understand the "rules" and apparently Viking will test you when you board. I'll know more on Saturday. Of course my experience as a Canadian traveling to the US by Air and returning to Canada by sea would be different from yours doing the reverse.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Blackduck59 said:

I hope you enjoy your time in my home Province. I don't think as a fully vaccinated traveler you will need to be tested before entry into Canada. I think you will need the test the day before boarding, at least as far as I understand the "rules" and apparently Viking will test you when you board. I'll know more on Saturday. Of course my experience as a Canadian traveling to the US by Air and returning to Canada by sea would be different from yours doing the reverse.

My mom grew up in Vancouver, so I had visited many times when I was young.  I have relatives in the  Vancouver area and in the interior.  Vancouver is a great city to visit.  

1 minute ago, reverie4401 said:

My mom grew up in Vancouver, so I had visited many times when I was young.  I have relatives in the  Vancouver area and in the interior.  Vancouver is a great city to visit.  

Yes a great place to visit (but I wouldn't want to live there 😉) We don't have any ties there anymore, my wife's mom moved over here. We seldom make the trip and with the restrictions on the ferry for the last 2 years that voyage is not at all enjoyable. Next time we go by ferry it will be after they re-open the buffet and masks are truly not required (it could be a long while).

1 hour ago, Blackduck59 said:

Yes a great place to visit (but I wouldn't want to live there 😉) We don't have any ties there anymore, my wife's mom moved over here. We seldom make the trip and with the restrictions on the ferry for the last 2 years that voyage is not at all enjoyable. Next time we go by ferry it will be after they re-open the buffet and masks are truly not required (it could be a long while).

We can relate and we are in the Metro Vancouver suburbs.

Over the year, we probably spend more days in Victoria than in Vancouver, and for Victoria, we have to take a ferry.