Peace Of Mind Reinstated

karatemom2

30 minutes ago, FlashF15 said:

I don't think the website has been updated.  It lists March 31, 2022 as the date not May 31st.  Hopefully they will update it tomorrow.

Enjoy our Flexible Cancellation Policy

For cruises departing thru October 2021, cancel up to 15 days before embarkation date and get a full refund in the form of a Future Cruise Credit. Additionally, for all cruises departing through March 31, 2022, cancel up to 61 days prior for a full refund.

Yeah I don’t see this at all yet. Mine still says we would lose 100% as we are less than 30 days out. 

I am really hoping what we are hearing on this board is correct. I wrote my NCL assigned cruise agent as I haven’t gotten a email either. We are supposed to sail on Epic from PR on Jan 16th. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kuku77254 said:

So, no one can give the definitive answer on this but curious what the thoughts are... if you have FCC issued from the early covid cancellations that was to expire 12/31/21 (now pushed to 1/31/22) to be used by 12/31/22 and you booked a cruise traveling before 5/22 but now want to cancel under POM, does the new FCC still expire 1/31/22? Unless they extend the FCC expirations or the use by date, it doesn't really help that much for anyone that has a limited schedule in which they can book during a year. That's a lot of dates, I hope the question was clear.

I've been wondering the exact same thing. 

Edited by Summerstravel
grammar

10 minutes ago, n4w said:

Additionally, for all cruises departing through March 31, 2022, cancel up to 61 days prior for a full refund.

I'm guessing it is moving 61 days to 15 days for now unless we hear differently and not the original 48 hours?

They've really mixed two different concepts.  Full cash refund at day 61 versus cancel for FCC at 15 days.  It would be nice if they gave us both.

2 minutes ago, kev1n56 said:

Thank you. I was on hold for an hour but have effectively cancelled our 01/09/2022 Gem cruise for a FCC valid thru 12/31/2022. Effective 12/30/2021 at 7:38PM. Fantastic post!

Since that's less than 15 days, did they tell you what the new deadline is?  Is it back to 48 hours?  Or, are they just grandfathering those with cruises leaving in less than 15 days?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, vadersprincess12 said:

Just got off the phone with NCL after holding for 3 hours ~ just left my phone plugged in sitting next to me while I did other things 😄.

They are letting you cancel with Peace of Mind again; we just canceled our Jan. 2 sailing.

Stay safe everyone!

Yippee ! - Since we booked through a Travel Agent - am wondering if we need to go through them to request cancellation ? - (much easier !) - Or do we HAVE to make that phone call ??? 

Anyone who has talked to NCL know...

What is the minimum time in advance we are able to cancel for FCC?  24 hrs?

If we use a travel agent do we have to contact the travel agent to cancel or can we contact NCL directly?

Thanks.

Edited by _Rick_

Just got off the phone with NCL … no writing on the wall yet(website update) here is what I was told for cruises until 5/31/2022 you can cancel all the way until 1/31/2022.  If your final payment date has passed for your cruise and you cancel before 1/31/2022 for those cruises you will get FCC and cruise next certificate deposited back to your account.  NO REFUND.  For example, you have a cruise on 5/8/2022 and your final payment date is 1/7/22 and you call on 1/12/22 to cancel you will get FCC because it’s past your final payment date.  You have a cruise on 5/8/22 and you call on 1/6/2022 you get a refund to your original payment method because it’s before your final payment date.  If your final payment date is after 1/31/22 and you cancel before 1/31/2022 you will get everything refunded back to the original payment method.  I hope this helps.  I waited 3 hours to speak to someone and ask them to clarify as simple as possible to avoid misunderstanding.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kuku77254 said:

So, no one can give the definitive answer on this but curious what the thoughts are... if you have FCC issued from the early covid cancellations that was to expire 12/31/21 (now pushed to 1/31/22) to be used by 12/31/22 and you booked a cruise traveling before 5/22 but now want to cancel under POM, does the new FCC still expire 1/31/22? Unless they extend the FCC expirations or the use by date, it doesn't really help that much for anyone that has a limited schedule in which they can book during a year. That's a lot of dates, I hope the question was clear.

The answer is yes, according to NCL's current practice. If the passenger initiates the cancellation, all the FCCs being used will be reinstated back to your latitudes account in their original dates. If NCL cancels the cruise, these dates (i.e. book by/sail by) could be extended.

10 minutes ago, GreenValleyDogWalker said:

Yippee ! - Since we booked through a Travel Agent - am wondering if we need to go through them to request cancellation ? - (much easier !) - Or do we HAVE to make that phone call ??? 

Your TA owns your reservation, so call them.  NCL can't do anything for you, only your TA.

2 hours ago, wolfpackgrl said:

Yeah I don’t see this at all yet. Mine still says we would lose 100% as we are less than 30 days out. 

I am really hoping what we are hearing on this board is correct. I wrote my NCL assigned cruise agent as I haven’t gotten a email either. We are supposed to sail on Epic from PR on Jan 16th. 

If you want to cancel, call NCL and they will process it as a FCC if you cancel.  Obviously you will lose all promotions but they are always running promotions.

7 minutes ago, wolfpackgrl said:

Has anyone heard of any cruises being cancelled by the cruise line in the last month or so? or upcoming cruises being canceled?  Just wondering what the chances of this might be at this point. 

In my opinion, the chances are very high that you will see entire cruises cancelled by the cruise lines.  In the next few weeks, they may see so many cancellations, and the passenger count will be so low, that it just won't be worth it for them to sail.

For that reason, I think passenger's should hold off on cancelling for FCC.  If NCL cancels first, then they're obligated to give you a refund.  But if they don't cancel then wait as long as they allow, then get the FCC if that becomes the only option.   

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

We’ve got 10k invested in a mid January haven suite. If everyone keeps jumping on these FCC’s I’m betting cruises will begin to cancel. They aren’t going to run ghost ships empty or after a certain threshold is met. I think in the next week or two this things gonna blow up and patience will be rewarded with a complete refund. Honestly I don’t see how NCL can keep your money if the CDC says flat out don’t go. I know they’ll try. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Don’t just think people are only worrying and canceling and no one will be on the ship because I am sure there are people out there that’s also thinking since people will be canceling it would be great to take advantage of the last minute fare and jump on a semi empty ship.  Hold out as long as you can (read the terms when they publish them ) especially the minimum days you have to cancel and make your decision.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, BennyBrun said:

Don’t just think people are only worrying and canceling and no one will be on the ship because I am sure there are people out there that’s also thinking since people will be canceling it would be great to take advantage of the last minute fare and jump on a semi empty ship.  Hold out as long as you can (read the terms when they publish them ) especially the minimum days you have to cancel and make your decision.

There is probably some solid truth to that observation but NCL has been from the start a fully vaxed operation therefore in my opinion drawing a somewhat health conscious and thoughtful population. There is an increasing hysteria over the new variant, warranted or not, and it’s impacting almost every aspect of travel and daily life. I just don’t think there will be enough bargain hunters willing to forego their better judgment to support a multi thousand passenger ship. I could be completely wrong and I’m sure being only one of three passengers on a cruise would be a delight. 

• Like 1

I just called and got a FCC for my trip I was supposed to go on next week. The lady I spoke with said she thought she'd be getting more calls for cancellations than she was. Of course, NCL hasn't made any public announcements yet, so only a few know that is even an option.

• Like 2