Peace Of Mind Reinstated

karatemom2

1 minute ago, luv2plan said:

I just called also and asked to cancel with POM and they would only say that the credit will be reinstated to my account in a couple of weeks but would not give me a cancellation number or email confirming my cancellation and my reservation is still showing on my account which they said is how they are handling it. Is this the information you were given as well? only verbal confirmation? My cruise is in 2 days so i am concerned

That is what I was told as well last night.  I asked for an updated copy of my reservation with a note saying I cancelled under POM last night as my cruise was in 2 days as well and wanted to be sure I got in under the 48 hr window.  Still not showing in my emails yet...but I was told EXACTLY the same as you....she said that it all happened so fast that the website hasn't been updated at all so it will take possibly a week before the reservation drops off.

2 hours ago, BennyBrun said:

Credit card companies are great for somethings but when it comes to cruising it’s like the cruise line have gotten a iron clad hold on the CC.  They might temporarily give you a conditional credit but in the end they always reverse it when the cruise company send over the contract of carriage that you agreed to when you paid.  It never works out in your favor going through the dispute route. 

I got a full refund within two weeks last March when NCL cancelled my fully paid May cruise.  I didn't want to wait until July when NCL was planning to issue a refund.  When they did, the CC charged them a few bucks in interest which was passed on to my account.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, vswan said:

Does anyone know if we used a 25% discount (from original March 2020 cancellation) and a 10% discount (from a January 2021) cancellation on this cruise and we decide to cancel our January 28 cruise do we get those discounts returned to our account or do they disappear? I did go online and cancel all of my upgrade bids, figuring that it would my luck that they would accept and then I would cancel.

I was told NO to the 10% discount.  

11 minutes ago, vincej said:

Has NCL modified the final payment schedule for voyages embarking after March 31, 2022 up to May 31, 2022?  I have a mid-May cruise that I am hoping will change from 120 days to 60 days.

this is what they have for you as of now:

"For cruises departing thru October 2021, cancel up to 15 days before embarkation date and get a full refund in the form of a Future Cruise Credit. Additionally, for all cruises departing through May 31, 2022, cancel up to 61 days prior for a full refund."

Edited by n4w

11 minutes ago, vincej said:

Has NCL modified the final payment schedule for voyages embarking after March 31, 2022 up to May 31, 2022?  I have a mid-May cruise that I am hoping will change from 120 days to 60 days.

The final payment schedule has NOT been modified.

26 minutes ago, vincej said:

That web page keeps toggling back and forth.  I don't believe it is currently linked to their home page, so likely a work in process.  Last night it did reflect the 60 day change for May cruises.  Today it's back to April 30 expiration.  Several of us cut and pasted the May version into this thread.  I really hope that it winds up being 60 days for a May cruise.

Norwegian's Peace of Mind | Norwegian's Commitment to Our Guests | Norwegian Cruise Line (ncl.com)

• Like 2

"For new and existing bookings made by January 31, 2022, for any voyage with an embarkation date through and including May 31, 2022, guests are free to cancel up to and including January 31, 2022 and get a full refund in the form of a Future Cruise Credit to be used for sailings that embark through December 31, 2022. Additionally, for all cruises departing through April 30, 2022, cancel up to 61 days prior for a full refund."

This is the silliest version for a May cruiser.  I have a final payment due on a May cruise in the third week of January.  Why on God's green earth would I make full payment knowing that I have less than two weeks to cancel for FCC?  Just stupid.  I'm not really seeing any "peace of mind" in this plan.

4 hours ago, BennyBrun said:

Credit card companies are great for somethings but when it comes to cruising it’s like the cruise line have gotten a iron clad hold on the CC.  They might temporarily give you a conditional credit but in the end they always reverse it when the cruise company send over the contract of carriage that you agreed to when you paid.  It never works out in your favor going through the dispute route. 

It worked great for me in the summer of 2020. NCL cancelled my April 2020 cruise. I asked for a refund through NCL’s official process on March 21, the first day they opened refund requests. When I still didn’t have my money back in late June, well after the cruise would have sailed, I called Amex and they had the money back in my account within an hour. I understand that it takes NCL time to process refunds, and I was willing to give them some grace, but in this case, it felt like I was giving them an interest-free $10,000 loan to help with their cash flow situation, and I didn’t consent to that. I will always book with Amex because they take great care of us when things go wrong. 

This version is now clearly linked to the NCL home page, so I'm guessing this is the final, official version (for now).

"For new and existing bookings made by January 31, 2022, for any voyage with an embarkation date through and including May 31, 2022, guests are free to cancel up to and including January 31, 2022 and get a full refund in the form of a Future Cruise Credit to be used for sailings that embark through December 31, 2022. Additionally, for all cruises departing through April 30, 2022, cancel up to 61 days prior for a full refund."

I'm hoping it's an interim version so that they can see how many early May cruisers make final payment with only FCC recourse before Jan 31 and how many just flat out cancel.

• Like 2

Okay, so let me get this straight...

I'm sailing on the Escape next Saturday Jan 8 for a week. My husband and I are driving from Ohio to Florida. Our friends/family that are also going are flying down the same day the cruise leaves. 

Because of the current covid situation, we have decided collectively as a group to wait until Wednesday to make a decision whether to go or not. If we decide to not go, I can use NCL's Peace of Mind policy for a future cruise and not lose my money?

I called NCL but...well you know, the wait time....I was on hold for an hour and had to hang up because I have an appointment. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, HonkyTonkAngel said:

I'm sailing on the Escape next Saturday Jan 8 for a week. My husband and I are driving from Ohio to Florida. Our friends/family that are also going are flying down the same day the cruise leaves. 

Because of the current covid situation, we have decided collectively as a group to wait until Wednesday to make a decision whether to go or not. If we decide to not go, I can use NCL's Peace of Mind policy for a future cruise and not lose my money?

I called NCL but...well you know, the wait time....I was on hold for an hour and had to hang up because I have an appointment. 

For new and existing bookings made by January 31, 2022, for any voyage with an embarkation date through and including May 31, 2022, guests are free to cancel up to and including January 31, 2022 and get a full refund in the form of a Future Cruise Credit to be used for sailings that embark through December 31, 2022.

• Like 1

Our cruise was initially for early 2020 and it was canceled by NCL due to Covid.  We went back and forth changing to different dates trying to keep the cost the same as what we initially paid because it seemed that each time we had to reschedule it was costing more out of pocket.  NCL then canceled another date and we ended up with the January 2 sailing.  

We were told that because NCL canceled us twice and we were initially booked under the "Peace of Mind" policy that we can request a REFUND.  We have to wait until the FCCs are back in our Latitudes Account and then submit the refund request.  This is what we will be doing because we have been really aggravated that it seemed to cost more even with a 25% extra FCC.

So, if anyone booked under Peace of Mind and had their cruise canceled twice by NCL you should be able to do that same.  We will put that money toward another cruise line.

15 minutes ago, HonkyTonkAngel said:

Yes, but if you want to cancel you have to get a hold of someone at NCL and also be prepared to pay possibly more for cruises departing before 12/31/2022.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

This version is now clearly linked to the NCL home page, so I'm guessing this is the final, official version (for now).

"For new and existing bookings made by January 31, 2022, for any voyage with an embarkation date through and including May 31, 2022, guests are free to cancel up to and including January 31, 2022 and get a full refund in the form of a Future Cruise Credit to be used for sailings that embark through December 31, 2022. Additionally, for all cruises departing through April 30, 2022, cancel up to 61 days prior for a full refund."

I'm hoping it's an interim version so that they can see how many early May cruisers make final payment with only FCC recourse before Jan 31 and how many just flat out cancel.

I would strip all your perks now ( beverage, insurance, specialty dinning and air) so that if you have to have your money tied up it will be just the cruise fare and fees.  If you decide to go, then add all the perks back before the deadline.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, CruizinKittie40 said:

It's funny because I posted last month saying they should allow no penalty cancellations due to omicron and got slaughtered on here.  Now everyone is for it

same here... i mean, i'm not kreskin, but i saw what was happening. and have lived through the past two years, so i felt pretty confident that i knew what was coming.

the outrage among fellow critics of cruises when i suggested that NCL was not forward thinking in this situation or transparent (by providing data so their customers could make smart decisions about the risk of cruising) was astonishing,

5 hours ago, Middleager said:

Things were different a month ago.  CDC's new advisory was yesterday not a month ago.

new york state, the state i live in and a state from which many NCL cruises depart, declared a "state of  emergency" regarding the omicron variant on november 26th (to go into effect december 3rd).

things weren't really different a month  ago.

yes, there has been a marked rise in cases in the past several weeks, but that is precisely because of the spread that began a month ago. everything that has happened was predicted to happen.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, UKstages said:

new york state, the state i live in and a state from which many NCL cruises depart, declared a "state of  emergency" regarding the omicron variant on november 26th (to go into effect december 3rd).

things weren't really different a month  ago.

yes, there has been a marked rise in cases in the past several weeks, but that is precisely because of the spread that began a month ago. everything that has happened was predicted to happen.

NY is not CDC.   In Nov., there was Thanksgiving.  But it's not the same as rush of people getting tested, and holiday get-togethers.  Number of cases in Nov. is different than now.  The airline cancellations were not there in Nov., as they are now.

Last year in Feb. 14, 2020, there was a lot of news about the Covid, we still went on our AU/NZ cruise, finishing on Feb. 28, 2020.  We would not go on cruise in March/2020.  Early to mid-Feb. it was still ok to go on cruise.  March/2020 not so.  Things are different now than a month ago.

We are booked on. 1/9/22 sailing.

called today to cancel for FCC and amazingly was only on hold 13 minutes.  Delightful young lady said they had called in the troops due to the call traffic.

said usually FCCs take 72 hours to show in your account, but please allow 7-10 days due to volume.    Not a problem.   We do have to use by 12/31/22 but that’s not a problem.

hope everyone has a good outcome.

happy new year to all

MB

• Like 1

4 hours ago, n4w said:

this is what they have for you as of now:

"For cruises departing thru October 2021, cancel up to 15 days before embarkation date and get a full refund in the form of a Future Cruise Credit. Additionally, for all cruises departing through May 31, 2022, cancel up to 61 days prior for a full refund."

This is what I'm seeing now.

image.png.7fb35081d3e9b2d9f8fa5795065312e5.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vadersprincess12 said:

Our cruise was initially for early 2020 and it was canceled by NCL due to Covid.  We went back and forth changing to different dates trying to keep the cost the same as what we initially paid because it seemed that each time we had to reschedule it was costing more out of pocket.  NCL then canceled another date and we ended up with the January 2 sailing.  

We were told that because NCL canceled us twice and we were initially booked under the "Peace of Mind" policy that we can request a REFUND.  We have to wait until the FCCs are back in our Latitudes Account and then submit the refund request.  This is what we will be doing because we have been really aggravated that it seemed to cost more even with a 25% extra FCC.

So, if anyone booked under Peace of Mind and had their cruise canceled twice by NCL you should be able to do that same.  We will put that money toward another cruise line.

I'm not sure that's accurate, since you're now canceling under POM.

https://www.ncl.com/ca/en/cruise-faq/future-cruise-credit-refund-requests

image.thumb.png.5d6139f39d20a4fbc36550a2608d88cc.png

• Like 1