Live From Orion “French Polynesia Jan 5 2022”

RICHARDandSTEFAN

8 hours ago, njhorseman said:

So using your reasoning horse races in the other Australian states, which are run counterclockwise, are run clockwise from our point of view,

And then there's Germany, which last I checked is in the Northern Hemisphere, where many horse races are run clockwise. 

& in the UK.

8 hours ago, njhorseman said:

So using your reasoning horse races in the other Australian states, which are run counterclockwise, are run clockwise from our point of view,

And then there's Germany, which last I checked is in the Northern Hemisphere, where many horse races are run clockwise. 

How often do you check?

• Haha 1

On 1/10/2022 at 11:57 AM, RICHARDandSTEFAN said:

OMG. I never knew it was only a one way situation.  Crap, we have probably done that too.   Oops  😬 

I'm sure I walked counter clockwise on the Viking Sea in 2019 -- maybe the one-way thing is due to Covid precautions -- like in some grocery stores.  Never let anybody be face to face!

• Like 2

Just now, KTRaveller said:

I'm sure I walked counter clockwise on the Viking Sea in 2019 -- maybe the one-way thing is due to Covid precautions -- like in some grocery stores.  Never let anybody be face to face!

Probably you were. Track and field events are run counterclockwise.

I like to run clockwise, just in case the Buddhists are correct, so I’m glad they have it clockwise,

Many people were walking in the wrong direction still today.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, good2gocruise said:

We cancelled our 6:30 reservation for Manifredi tonight in case anyone wants to grab it.   We are planning to enjoy the Lobster in the main dining room instead 🙂

I just canceled my reservation at Chef's Table at 8:00 tonight if anyone else would like it.

3 hours ago, nanamobo said:

Jim and myself (Maureen) did the martini tasting. Who knew they have a Thanksgiving martini!! Need to put the Turkey in the oven first.

If it had been in the afternoon, I would definitely have done the martini tasting!  I had too much dinner wine in me to even attempt it last night!  Did you have to sign up for it?

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, albertamom said:

If it had been in the afternoon, I would definitely have done the martini tasting!  I had too much dinner wine in me to even attempt it last night!  Did you have to sign up for it?

I read it yesterday morning in the Viking daily and call customer service to book. Apparently at 7:30 am it was full and was put on a waiting list. Received a call someone canceled and we went. It was good but only 12 people in Toshvan. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, good2gocruise said:

Has anyone done the crossing the equator ceremony before?   We have an explorer done show from 3 to 3:45.  Should we try to move it to attend the ceremony? 

I haven’t but having seen the dome shows, I would rather do something I can only do once and hope I can make a reservation on a later date for the dome. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Clay Clayton said:

I haven’t but having seen the dome shows, I would rather do something I can only do once and hope I can make a reservation on a later date for the dome. 

Agree.  Attend the ceremony and rebook the dome show.  We attended the Blue Nose ceremony to commemorate crossing the Arctic Circle.  It was a fun & special event.

• Like 3