Questions related to all things Covid testing relating to Princess Cruises

Host CJSKIDS

17 minutes ago, devonuk said:

With further screening too. 

9ED143A9-2F42-4B4F-964C-E6AB724BD690.png

My daughter had no further screening...just had to show the positive test from 14 days prior.

Edited by suzyed

On 7/10/2022 at 4:46 PM, crzr143 said:

Can someone clarify where this is saying we need a Dr's. note if we test positive and have a lab verified positive?  I don't see that as being needed, but maybe I am missing something.  I read that if we bring the positive test result, within 90 days, and after 10 days of the positive, that will be our proof of recovery.  Subject to their review.  Thank you!

You don't need a doctor's note if you have a verified positive test.  I believe the other posters did not have an official verified test so they asked their doctors for a note.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, suzyed said:

My daughter tested positive on a home test 14 before sailing.  I encouraged her to go get an official test at CVS which she did.  So now she had proof of when she was sick. 6 days before sailing she tested negative.  Then 3 days before the cruise she tested positive again at Walgreens.  So instead of telling them she just tested positive she just showed the proof of the positive test 14 days prior.
You can test positive for many weeks after your first positive test even after you recovered.
At check in they just wanted to see the first positive test she had 14 days prior.

They did not ask her for any recovery letter from a medical professional, right?

It’s a lot easier to just show the positive test.  Did she have to do a secondary screening or test at the port?

What port?

4 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

They did not ask her for any recovery letter from a medical professional, right?

It’s a lot easier to just show the positive test.  Did she have to do a secondary screening or test at the port?

What port?

She had to show her positive result from 13 days prior to the sailing.  She did not have secondary screening or test at the port of Seattle.

• Thanks 2

11 hours ago, suzyed said:

She had to show her positive result from 13 days prior to the sailing.  She did not have secondary screening or test at the port of Seattle.

My sister has a friend who tested positive, had symptoms, and felt sick for a week, then all symptoms are gone, and felt well.  She then took the test to make sure is negative before returning to work.  The test still showed positive, she continues to test every few days, and test results continue to show positive.  Now already 2 months, and still tested positive, so she is still not allowed to return to work. Luckily, her work has unlimited COVID time off. 

For future cruise planning, I would like to make sure I understood what I read on this thread.  You can still board the ship if tested positive (test taken at the port on embarkation day or taken 2 days before embarkation) if you can show proof that you tested positive 14 days or longer before embarkation and now you have no more symptoms?  

39 minutes ago, chubbypiggy said:
My sister has a friend who tested positive, had symptoms, and felt sick for a week, then all symptoms are gone, and felt well.  She then took the test to make sure is negative before returning to work.  The test still showed positive, she continues to test every few days, and test results continue to show positive.  Now already 2 months, and still tested positive, so she is still not allowed to return to work. Luckily, her work has unlimited COVID time off. 

For future cruise planning, I would like to make sure I understood what I read on this thread.  You can still board the ship if tested positive (test taken at the port on embarkation day or taken 2 days before embarkation) if you can show proof that you tested positive 14 days or longer before embarkation and now you have no more symptoms?  

I don't have the protocols in my head but am sure she is not infectious after five days, certainly after 10. PCR test can detect fragments of virus.

I am sorry I didn't make myself clear on what I wanted to know.   What I want to know is:

Will Princess allow you to still board the ship if you tested positive (test taken at the port on embarkation day or taken 2 days before embarkation) if you can show proof that you tested positive 14 days or longer before embarkation and now you have no more symptoms?  

35 minutes ago, chubbypiggy said:
I am sorry I didn't make myself clear on what I wanted to know.   What I want to know is:

Will Princess allow you to still board the ship if you tested positive (test taken at the port on embarkation day or taken 2 days before embarkation) if you can show proof that you tested positive 14 days or longer before embarkation and now you have no more symptoms?  

Yes, the Princess policy says this. Look at their web page. No more than 90 days, no less that 10 days recovery. This what I am doing on Saturday. I have printed out the policy to take with me. 

10 minutes ago, takemeaway2008 said:

Yes, the Princess policy says this. Look at their web page. No more than 90 days, no less that 10 days recovery. This what I am doing on Saturday. I have printed out the policy to take with me. 

Thank you.

9 minutes ago, devonuk said:

What does she do to have to keep testing? This is why they have the 90 day rule so that continuous positives can be ignored 🤔

She has to keep testing until the result shows negative before her work allows her to return to work. Her work requires official proof of negative test result. 

Perhaps we'll see the testing requirement lifted?

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/cruise-travel-during-covid19.html#faq

"As of July 18, 2022, CDC’s COVID-19 Program for Cruise Ships is no longer in effect. CDC will continue to publish guidance to help cruise ships continue to provide a safer and healthier environment for passengers, crew and communities going forward. "

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 3redheads said:

Perhaps we'll see the testing requirement lifted?

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/cruise-travel-during-covid19.html#faq

"As of July 18, 2022, CDC’s COVID-19 Program for Cruise Ships is no longer in effect. CDC will continue to publish guidance to help cruise ships continue to provide a safer and healthier environment for passengers, crew and communities going forward. "

I doubt it with the current wave, but it is definitely interesting.

Thanks for posting this!

4 hours ago, chubbypiggy said:

Correct.  And Princess even states that no test 2-3 days before is necessary as long as you have official witnessed proof of a positive test 10 or more day prior to sailing.

1 minute ago, dreaminofcruisin said:

I doubt it with the current wave, but it is definitely interesting.

Thanks for posting this!

I bet we do see it in the coming months.  RCI CEO already stated he thinks it will go by the wayside after August 1st.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, suzyed said:

Correct.  And Princess even states that no test 2-3 days before is necessary as long as you have official witnessed proof of a positive test 10 or more day prior to sailing.

Hi Suzyed

Could point out where it states that it has to be a ‘witnessed proof’ please as this is important to us regarding my OH current situation. Thanks. 

8 minutes ago, SargassoPirate said:

Everytime a new variant emerges, the doom and gloom crowd adds another lock to their cell door in Covid prison.

I want testing to be eliminated, however, after so much testing, insisting on vaccinations etc. when a more infectious mutation like B5 appears, it seems unlikely they would become more lenient.

1 hour ago, suzyed said:

I bet we do see it in the coming months.  RCI CEO already stated he thinks it will go by the wayside after August 1st.

This would be awesome! We embark 8/1 in Southampton for a 12 day cruise of the British Isles.  We tested yesterday and we were  both negative. We will test next Sunday (if this one is positive we will have 8 days before we embark to recover0 and then again the next Friday morning using the Princess proctored test before we fly. We have back up tests scheduled at Heathrow when we land. 

This has been the biggest stress of planning. Our stomachs were in knots yesterday waiting for our results so no testing would help with that but also increase people boarding with possible Covid. Based on some things I am reading I would not be surprised if we test positive once we return home. Better that than before or during and have to miss trip or quarantine. It's been in the works since 2020. 

3 minutes ago, SargassoPirate said:

Each new mutation is more easily transmitted and less lethal.  It's basic virology.  That's what viruses do.  The Russian flu and the Spanish flu mutated and are still circulating as part of the coronavirus family.

Waiting for zero cases is an exercise in futility. 

My point was more 'an abundance of caution' by cruise lines. Unless they too see testing as a damper on bookings.

6 hours ago, chubbypiggy said:

I wouldn't bring up the positive test 2 days before though. Just the positive one from at least 10 days before, which is what is required to board the ship. No sense in muddying the waters.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, devonuk said:

Hi Suzyed

Could point out where it states that it has to be a ‘witnessed proof’ please as this is important to us regarding my OH current situation. Thanks. 

Guests who have recovered from COVID-19 within three months from the date of their cruise departure or cruisetour departure (whichever starts first) do not need to take a viral test before embarkation if they are at least 10 days past their COVID-19 infection, have no symptoms and produce documentation of recovery from COVID-19.

Documentation of recovery consists of the following:

• Paper or electronic copies of the positive viral test result from a certified laboratory (dated no more than 90 days ago) or
  • A valid digital COVID-19 certificate (DCC) or a document issued by an official health or government authority showing confirmed previous infection

Guests who present these documents will need to go through a secondary screening at the terminal, and boarding will be approved at the medical staff’s discretion. Guests who are unable to provide documentation of recovery that fulfills the above requirements must take the required COVID-19 viral test and show a negative result.

2 minutes ago, Earthworm Jim said:

I wouldn't bring up the positive test 2 days before though. Just the positive one from at least 10 days before, which is what is required to board the ship. No sense in muddying the waters.

Absolutely agree.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, suzyed said:

Guests who have recovered from COVID-19 within three months from the date of their cruise departure or cruisetour departure (whichever starts first) do not need to take a viral test before embarkation if they are at least 10 days past their COVID-19 infection, have no symptoms and produce documentation of recovery from COVID-19.

Documentation of recovery consists of the following:

• Paper or electronic copies of the positive viral test result from a certified laboratory (dated no more than 90 days ago) or
  • A valid digital COVID-19 certificate (DCC) or a document issued by an official health or government authority showing confirmed previous infection

Guests who present these documents will need to go through a secondary screening at the terminal, and boarding will be approved at the medical staff’s discretion. Guests who are unable to provide documentation of recovery that fulfills the above requirements must take the required COVID-19 viral test and show a negative result.

Thanks guys… got that it was the ‘witness’ word which threw us. We can comply with this so all good 👍

• Like 1