On Harmony and it is getting weird!

orville99

1 minute ago, John&LaLa said:

No, we return on Saturday 

Oh okay, that would have been really weird to sail 4 days and still be by Coco Cay, do you know if any other ships are there when you are there besides the Sick Crew Ships?

Be nice to be there being the only ship with reduced passengers.

13 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Oh okay, that would have been really weird to sail 4 days and still be by Coco Cay, do you know if any other ships are there when you are there besides the Sick Crew Ships?

Be nice to be there being the only ship with reduced passengers.

No idea, I rarely follow stuff like that. 

I was there with 600 passengers on Allure test cruise. FWIW, the food wasn't that great because not enough folks to get decent turnover. Pool was nice, and easy to get a drink

BTW, I much prefer our 2700 passengers on Harmony to the 600 we had on Allure. To few is just no fun

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 8

3 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

We were there at about 8:15 yesterday, and honestly didn’t notice anything different from any other day or even last week.   I did notice quite a few tables blocked off for distancing. Seemed many more tables blocked off compared to  last week. 

Once pinnacle numbers start to rise back to harmony norms, it will be even worse. In early December we had over 150 pinnacles. We only ate in Chops breakfast two or three times.  Quite frankly (in December) we had a better than expected breakfast experience a couple times in the main dining room. We also like Johnny Rockets for breakfast. 

We get there shortly after 8 as breakfast is only open from 8 to 9:30. 

m

That's nice.  To each their own.  

We went to breakfast in CK this morning a few minutes after they opened.  We, Ellen, and one other couple were the only ones in there for the first half hour...around a dozen more pax showed up as we left.  

Enjoyed the view as we docked up in St. Maarten, great service and food....relaxing and quiet.   Will stick to that venue the rest of the week. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, island lady said:

That's nice.  To each their own.  

We went to breakfast in CK this morning a few minutes after they opened.  We, Ellen, and one other couple were the only ones in there for the first half hour...around a dozen more pax showed up as we left.  

Enjoyed the view as we docked up in St. Maarten, great service and food....relaxing and quiet.   Will stick to that venue the rest of the week. 

Good to have many options.   Enjoy. 
m

2 hours ago, torpeedo said:

It would be interesting to know how many are passengers and how many are crew.  I'm sure they won't disclose that info but it would be interesting to know,

Crew is tested twice a week. Our cabin attendant told us their group is tested every day, guessing since they have a much more intense contact with the pax and their stuff.  

Pax are not tested at all once on board, unless B2B.  Makes it tough to know how many may be positive.  Many may never know, if they don't have symptoms.   

Crew is quarantined when they test positive...or have been in any kind of close contact with one that did, or are not feeling well.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

Who wants to eat toast with an officer?

LOL...I was thinking that when he said it that way as well.  😄  

Me, I am there for the steak...they can keep the toast.   White, wheat, raisin, or rye?  

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, island lady said:

Deja Vu....third week same route.   My bet is they will skip St. Thomas as they have the last 2 weeks.  

Nah!   We'll suck it up and get less than 1 % so you can get off the ship and go to Duffy's Love Shack😁

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, crewsweeper said:

Nah!   We'll suck it up and get less than 1 % so you can get off the ship and go to Duffy's Love Shack😁

Hope you make it!  Hmmm...Duffy' eh?  Sounds interesting...will have to check it out...IF we ever get to visit that port again!  😳

15 minutes ago, island lady said:

LOL...I was thinking that when he said it that way as well.  😄  

Me, I am there for the steak...they can keep the toast.   White, wheat, raisin, or rye?  

Our favorite is the shrimp😆

• Like 1

On 1/10/2022 at 8:08 PM, orville99 said:

Apparently you never read the post that started this thread, so see if you find it a bit weird that you go to bed on the first night sailing on what are supposed to be two sea days only to wake up before dawn to find your ship docked at a port you aren’t scheduled to be at for six more days, and your ship is flanked by three other ships that also aren’t supposed to be there with no notice by anyone in authority that there has been a “slight” detour to your cruise. Maybe it’s just me, but I find that to be a bit weird.

That might just be the best covid related post ever written on cruise critic !

Lol

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Found a nice little surprise in the room after meeting Jackie and Lyli at breakfast.  It was fun chatting with them.  

7F0E86FE-1ADE-42D6-81BD-E8B49D049B5E.thumb.jpeg.408a29f4b94a4b23e31afa94fdcbe15a.jpeg

Don't you just love them!!! Those two girls are just adorable!!  They are the most popular girls on the ship.  The last day of the cruise so many people want their pictures taken with them!! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Captain announced we were over the 1% Covid threshold, hence the cancelation of St Thomas cancellation 

If there is a cancellation of the cancellation, then you must be going to St Thomas  😉  😮 

• Haha 1