On Harmony and it is getting weird!

orville99

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Late this evening actually.  Doing the transfer at night...will be docked, tied up...overnight...errrr...so I think anyway.  😮 

If it works out...we are already there early in the morning for "all ashore".  😄 

Anyone staying up tonight to see how many transfers? I hope you folks have a better export/inport ratio than Allure had this morning. If Allure keeps that up soon a lot more than the Windjammer will be self serve.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ticketsunlimited said:

Those lobsters on the ship are claw meat for some of the monsters we get up this way.  I made my specialty lobster stew this Christmas.  6 pounds of lobster meat.  Cost me over 300.00 at 52.00 bucks a pound!!!

$52 a pound.😯 Where do you live?

1 hour ago, Merion_Mom said:

While I have considered submitting a proposal to their guest lecture office to teach mythology, you may have something there.  I wonder how much you all could learn in 274 days!

Ah, so you have booked THAT cruise.😊

1 hour ago, ticketsunlimited said:

Those lobsters on the ship are claw meat for some of the monsters we get up this way.  I made my specialty lobster stew this Christmas.  6 pounds of lobster meat.  Cost me over 300.00 at 52.00 bucks a pound!!!

Can I wrangle an invitation?!?!!  Wait, $52 a pound?!?!?!  I have never in my 66 years living in New England seen lobster at $52 a pound.  *****???  AND you live in Lobster central???  Why in Gods name was it so expensive?

Edited by poocher
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, nelblu said:

I'd rather enjoy myself at the CP Cafe and have multiple delicious roast beef sandwiches and use up one of those D+ drink coupons to wash them down.  Keep your stinking bottom feeding lobsters.😁

Much as I crave 

2 hours ago, nelblu said:

I'd rather enjoy myself at the CP Cafe and have multiple delicious roast beef sandwiches and use up one of those D+ drink coupons to wash them down.  Keep your stinking bottom feeding lobsters.😁

As much as I crave Park Cafe’s Beef on Weck, it is farther down on my list than a 2 to 4 pound shedder from Casco Bay. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, poocher said:

Can I wrangle an invitation?!?!!  Wait, $52 a pound?!?!?!  I have never in my 66 years living in New England seen lobster at $52 a pound.  *****???  AND you live in Lobster central???  Why in Gods name was it so expensive?

26 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

I guess if people are dumb enough to pay that price, they will charge that much. 😲

They are talking lobster meat, not whole lobsters.  Lobster meat is very expensive.

31 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Stick your hand in the ocean and pull them out for free.☺

Our cousin pays annually for a license (permit?) and keeps traps off the end of his dock on the Damariscotta River. 
Short walk to have a feast. 
We Floridians wear our bibs when we visit. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, island lady said:

We save our appetite for Lobster for our summers in Maine...tends to spoil you on anything else but.  😉 

20210617_182826.jpg

20210617_180507.jpg

LOVE the NE Canada Cruises and call those cruises the search for the best lobster cruises!!!   We go every year// of course we've missed the Covid years, but we think those cruises are the very best  and can't wait for the 2023 cruises to open!!  

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

They are talking lobster meat, not whole lobsters.  Lobster meat is very expensive.

For that price, I’ll break it down myself.  Nothing better than being up to your elbows in lobster shells.  

7 minutes ago, torpeedo said:

LOVE the NE Canada Cruises and call those cruises the search for the best lobster cruises!!!   We go every year// of course we've missed the Covid years, but we think those cruises are the very best  and can't wait for the 2023 cruises to open!!  

Stewmans Lobster pound Bar Harbor.  The scallops & whole belly clams are fabulous too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

Anyone staying up tonight to see how many transfers? I hope you folks have a better export/inport ratio than Allure had this morning. If Allure keeps that up soon a lot more than the Windjammer will be self serve.

We board allure Sunday, hopefully they left some crew on her 

• Like 2

Just now, ticketsunlimited said:

It was actually 79.00 a pound that day near the holidays but I know the boat driver.😉

I'd send you some lobster  JIMBO but I figure you a guy that would prefer the Crabs.

I thought it was a decent price, that explains it.  The place my Mom goes to in Hampton, NH was $59.95/lb at Christmas.  I just saw a picture on their FB of the day boat scallops they are getting now, might have to make a side trip when I go up to NH to see my Mom next week. 🙂 

May be an image of text that says 'MARKET PRICE LIST LIVE LOBSTERS SOFT SHELL HARD SHELL Chix $9.99/lb Quarters $9.99/lb Halves $10.99/lb Selects ---- $12.99/lb $14.99/lb $15.99/lb LOBSTER MEAT MEDIUM COCKTAIL SHRIMP JUMBO COCKTAIL SHRIMP $59.95/lb $18.99/lb $25.99/lb Shrimp platters available (order advance) ADDITIONAL MARKET FAVORITES Haddock $13.99/lb Scottish organic-fed Salmon $15.99/lb Maine Day Boat Scallops $29.99/lb Stuffed Mushrooms $9.95/for Bacon-wrapped Scallops $1.95/each Crab Cakes $3.99/each Stuffed Clams $2.75/each Oysters in the Shell $1.50/each Crab Meat $16.95/8oz Homemade Smoked Salmon Spread $8.99/each and much more! more!'

Just now, reallyitsmema said:

I thought it was a decent price, that explains it.  The place my Mom goes to in Hampton, NH was $59.95/lb at Christmas.  I just saw a picture on their FB of the day boat scallops they are getting now, might have to make a side trip when I go up to NH to see my Mom next week. 🙂 

May be an image of text that says 'MARKET PRICE LIST LIVE LOBSTERS SOFT SHELL HARD SHELL Chix $9.99/lb Quarters $9.99/lb Halves $10.99/lb Selects ---- $12.99/lb $14.99/lb $15.99/lb LOBSTER MEAT MEDIUM COCKTAIL SHRIMP JUMBO COCKTAIL SHRIMP $59.95/lb $18.99/lb $25.99/lb Shrimp platters available (order advance) ADDITIONAL MARKET FAVORITES Haddock $13.99/lb Scottish organic-fed Salmon $15.99/lb Maine Day Boat Scallops $29.99/lb Stuffed Mushrooms $9.95/for Bacon-wrapped Scallops $1.95/each Crab Cakes $3.99/each Stuffed Clams $2.75/each Oysters in the Shell $1.50/each Crab Meat $16.95/8oz Homemade Smoked Salmon Spread $8.99/each and much more! more!'

Come up and visit.  I can point you in the right direction for Lobster meat and some of the best, sweetest crab meat you will ever have.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

16 minutes ago, kilpa482 said:

We board allure Sunday, hopefully they left some crew on her 

The people doing live report on Allure are having a great time except for one grouch. But I'm only following one thread here and one elsewhere.