Live-ish from the 1/16 Encore Sailing!

Quincella

Good morning!  We’re missing GSC today for the very normal reason of weather conditions.  It’s pretty windy out there, so we have a sea day. 

To be honest, it feels kind of good to miss a port for the same reason I’ve missed it nearly every time I’ve tried to go. Very non-plaugue-like.  

Choir of man is tonight. No official word yet on Kinky Boots, one way or another, which could be a good sign?  We shall see. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Quincella said:

Good morning!  We’re missing GSC today for the very normal reason of weather conditions.  It’s pretty windy out there, so we have a sea day. 

To be honest, it feels kind of good to miss a port for the same reason I’ve missed it nearly every time I’ve tried to go. Very non-plaugue-like.  

Choir of man is tonight. No official word yet on Kinky Boots, one way or another, which could be a good sign?  We shall see. 

I'm sorry you're missing your stop at GSC today, but if you have to miss a port, that would be my choice. GSC is okay, but it doesn't stand up to other cruise lines' private islands these days. In terms of NCL, Harvest Caye blows it away! 

Don't miss Choir of Man! I found it to be high energy and very entertaining on my Escape sailing. It doesn't look like it is offered on the Bliss next year. 😒

20 hours ago, Annies88 said:

Did you test 72 hours prior just in case? It appears that is not required for the next couple of sailings.  

Testing 72 (96?) hours beforehand is required if you test positive at the pier and want Norwegian to refund your expenses.

7 minutes ago, jlseymour3 said:

Testing 72 (96?) hours beforehand is required if you test positive at the pier and want Norwegian to refund your expenses.

Hmm, it's my understanding that if you test positive at the pier you get a full refund of your cruise fare. NCL just won't cover your changed travel plans back home.

But if you test positive 72 hours before, then you get FCC, not full refund.

6 minutes ago, palpieha said:

Hmm, it's my understanding that if you test positive at the pier you get a full refund of your cruise fare. NCL just won't cover your changed travel plans back home.

But if you test positive 72 hours before, then you get FCC, not full refund.

That seems right, as best I can tell piecing together the breadcrumbs.  I was addressing a different point.  If you fail at the pier, you only get assistance with lodging and flight costs if you tested during the previous 96 and tested negative.

My cousin will be driving us to the port - and I'll suggest that she find a Starbucks nearby and enjoy a coffee in the warm Miami sun until we send her a note that we've passed through testing.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, jlseymour3 said:

That seems right, as best I can tell piecing together the breadcrumbs.  I was addressing a different point.  If you fail at the pier, you only get assistance with lodging and flight costs if you tested during the previous 96 and tested negative.

My cousin will be driving us to the port - and I'll suggest that she find a Starbucks nearby and enjoy a coffee in the warm Miami sun until we send her a note that we've passed through testing.

Yes, if you're driving, I don't think it makes sense to test before the pier. There are no hotels or flights you need NCL to pay for, and you risk being stuck with FCC instead of a refund.

• Like 1

Love your review so far and spot on.  We were on the Encore in December, no masks and we got to see Choir of Man. A show not to be missed! I was sorry we didn't see more than one performance of this show.   We didn't miss any ports including GSC. But we never got off the ship. LOL  Are you able to see Kinky Boots on your cruise? Keep the reviews coming if you can.

• Like 1

Today was a perfectly u eventful day. The whether was nice and I did a lot of looking at the ocean and the backs of my eyelids, in various places on the ship. 

Dinner at Cagney’s was delicious, and the restaurant was as full as I’ve ever seen it on any ship!  Choir of Man was a really fun show and I’m glad we got to see it. We learned tonight that they lost a cast member from this very ship’s COM cast to Covid., and the encore song was a tribute to him and all else lost. It was lovely. 

For the person asking for the Wines by the Glass list, I can’t really get it. Everything g is on an iPad, and a bit spread out, so I can’t really get just one list. Sorry about that. 

Tomorrow is another sea day, where I hope to continue my book and love affair with the sea and the flying fish. 

• Like 5

12 hours ago, Quincella said:

For the person asking for the Wines by the Glass list, I can’t really get it. Everything g is on an iPad, and a bit spread out, so I can’t really get just one list. Sorry about that. 

I appreciate the attempt on your vacation, even if it didn't work out.

35 minutes ago, KurtMo said:

I appreciate the attempt on your vacation, even if it didn't work out.

Here is an Encore wine list posted by BirdTravels in August ( page 7, post 174) :

Edited by aero777

Good morning from beautiful St, Thomas!    We have an extended day today, as I believe we were originally scheduled to arrive at 11:00, but we arrived and cleared (I think….I couldn’t hear the announcement) at 8:30. 

D0E2D261-3AB7-473C-B681-3F3081C67457.thumb.jpeg.14407e1ed32ed5753fca6458566c77c4.jpeg

• Like 7

24 minutes ago, Quincella said:

Good morning from beautiful St, Thomas!    We have an extended day today, as I believe we were originally scheduled to arrive at 11:00, but we arrived and cleared (I think….I couldn’t hear the announcement) at 8:30. 

D0E2D261-3AB7-473C-B681-3F3081C67457.thumb.jpeg.14407e1ed32ed5753fca6458566c77c4.jpeg

Wow that’s amazing, looks like it’s back on track for the program. Wonder why it wasn’t allowed to dock last time? What’s changed?

21 minutes ago, Wintersun48 said:

Wow that’s amazing, looks like it’s back on track for the program. Wonder why it wasn’t allowed to dock last time? What’s changed?

Could be fewer Covid cases on board? I’m just guessing. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Quincella said:

Could be fewer Covid cases on board? I’m just guessing. 

That’s all I can think of, cases must be staff, wonder if that’s why they are offloading infected staff onto other ships. Anyway, thinks looking up for our cruise a week on Sunday!

3 hours ago, Wintersun48 said:

That’s all I can think of, cases must be staff, wonder if that’s why they are offloading infected staff onto other ships. Anyway, thinks looking up for our cruise a week on Sunday!

That's my thinking too. Getting those infected crew off last week may have gotten them below % threshold

Edited by classy_cruiser

On 1/16/2022 at 2:55 PM, bortman23 said:

Thanks, yeah it was a difficult choice, but we're traveling in from Canada so it just made sense to try again later in the year. 

Enjoy! Following along.

I feel bad for those in Canada and how hard the gov't is making things for everyone.

Well know You Tuber "Don F Vac" talks about his frustrations as well.

Hoping things get better for all of us soon.  I love Canada and hoping to get back soon.