Carnival Email - SAILINGS DEPARTING AS OF APRIL 2022

pnwredhead

23 minutes ago, riffatsea said:

Not sure why anyone who has unvaccinated children would put them at  risk on a cruise?

These same kids go to school every single day and interact with adults/children who may be covid carriers (vaccinated & unvaccinated alike). Cruising is no more risky than that at this point. I get notified nearly everyday about cases on campus. Schools would receive a level 4 travel advisory if the CDC judged them the same as cruise lines. They can also get on planes, go to resorts, AI's, hotels etc. All without worrying about being tested, vaccinated or ending up in quarantine.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

Sorry. Anyone who doesn't like the protocols can wait until the pandemic is over.

famous-innkeeper-quotes-well-leave-the-l

Meh, I'll probably take a cruise and try it out with the protocols soon enough, to use up some gift cards I just bought, but I'll be canceling all I can right now, getting my cash back and just booking as I go, just in case they have underestimated the numbers of cruisers they are excluding and end up in deeper financial distress, or worse, like Crystal. I'm not as confidant as you on the recovery plan or the number of people who want to put up with this long term. This is a great out actually, I'm thankful for it. Just spoke to some family who were to cruise with us and they are relived as well. Pay as you go seems prudent until things are back to normal.  

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

Speaking of Genting Hong Kong, it could be an opportunity for a cruise line with cash on hand, like Carnival, to pick up a cruise ship or even a cruise line cheap!

Just what they need, more debt! Brilliant idea! Buying a bankrupt cruise line sounds like a financially astute move. I'm sure large banks and private equity will be lining up to toss money at that idea..lol. That takes "even if it's your blood" to a whole new optimism level. I dig the aggressiveness but when you've already leaked several pints, it may be time to consider patching up your gaping wounds before battling/pillaging on.   

Edited by cruisingguy007

On 1/24/2022 at 2:16 PM, cruisingguy007 said:

Did this work for you?  Were you able to cancel any/all cruises April and beyond? 

Yes.  I responded to the Carnival email that went out regarding vaxx status.  I called Sunday....it was a long phone call, 2:45 from start to finish with 95% of it on hold, but both cruises are cancelled and I'm getting everything I paid refunded, as per the Carnival email.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, JerseyGirlJen said:

Yes.  I responded to the Carnival email that went out regarding vaxx status.  I called Sunday....it was a long phone call, 2:45 from start to finish with 95% of it on hold, but both cruises are cancelled and I'm getting everything I paid refunded, as per the Carnival email.

Thanks for this. This is bumming me out. I need to cancel three cruises with multiple cabins, some with different names but booked by me and also book something lol. Sounds like it's going to be fun! Maybe I'll just do the cancels and then rebook online. Not booking anymore cruises except for my immediate nuclear family until things are normal again. Just glad to be able to get out from underneath all this. Thanks for taking the time to report back, much appreciated!  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, cruisingguy007 said:

Thanks for this. This is bumming me out. I need to cancel three cruises with multiple cabins, some with different names but booked by me and also book something lol. Sounds like it's going to be fun! Maybe I'll just do the cancels and then rebook online. Not booking anymore cruises except for my immediate nuclear family until things are normal again. Just glad to be able to get out from underneath all this. Thanks for taking the time to report back, much appreciated!  

Yeah me too.  I figured it was smart to take advantage of their no penalty refund offer because I can always rebook down the road.  I do believe they will eventually drop the mandate, and when they do I will be happy to book with them.  The cruise next January 2023 was going out of NOLA..I'm not disappointed only because they are under crazy restrictions, so no harm there.  My December '23 can easily be rebooked too.  Total bummer but it is what it is. I left $600 OBC on the table with my NOLA cancellation because that was my "incentive" for rebooking after the Covid cancellations.  In regards to the phone call, I started the phone call on the way home from an errand, came home, even took a shower...LOL, made lunch, did laundry....you get the picture.  At least it's done.   

• Like 1

So, if you're vaccinated but haven't gotten a booster yet - if you wait to get a booster (for whatever reason) and after February carnival decides to include that as a mandate then those of us cruising in June (who currently comply with their mandate) would no longer qualify and would not be entitled to a refund. 

Is that what I'm understanding? 

1 hour ago, Daddymikey1975 said:

So, if you're vaccinated but haven't gotten a booster yet - if you wait to get a booster (for whatever reason) and after February carnival decides to include that as a mandate then those of us cruising in June (who currently comply with their mandate) would no longer qualify and would not be entitled to a refund. 

Yes, that is how I am reading the documentation on the website.  I don't have a quote, but it basically says that fully vaccinated will be required and they will follow what the CDC says is fully vaccinated and that could include boosters.  Please review the website documentation.  We are boosted, but decided to cancel an upcoming cruise because of changing restrictions and masking rules.  In the future we will book last minute when we are fully aware of current rules and variant activity.  Everything is a moving target.    

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ChutChut said:

Because this is not a kid virus. Mortality for kids is virtually zero. 

Didn't say kids would die

Said they'd be at risk

Children are being hospitalized in large numbers and some have long term affects

No fun being in the hospital!

Of course it is up to each parent to decide 

Glad that Carnival is trying to keep t heir cruisers safe

My friends with young children(not necessarily old enough to be in school)

are being quite careful 

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, Daddymikey1975 said:

Yes, they basically say that they can do/impose whatever and move the goal posts as they see fit. If you don't like it, canceling now is your out. You can always rebook right before a cruise you want to take, just to be sure the conditions at the time are acceptable. I'll be on the sidelines waiting for the rest of the pragmatic folks to get their fill of the scurrd folks imposing their will/feeling over everyone. Hope you get some enjoyment from your cruise, should you decide to go.   

1 hour ago, cruisingguy007 said:

Yes, they basically say that they can do/impose whatever and move the goal posts as they see fit.   

This has been rule #1 since cruising restarted and is nothing new. The protocols have always been subject to change without notice.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Valentina84 said:

What about cruises that are at end of february? legend feb 20-27?? Does this also qualify for the new requirements excuse for a full refund? I did not get any emails from them.

The "letter" that is being referred to is for cruises departing 4/1/2022 or later.  A cruise leaving through 3/31/2022 is covered under another "letter".  I can't say for certain, but I believe Feb/Mar cruises were allowed to cancel for refund.  Someone else may chime in.  You may need to call Carnival to find out for sure.  

On 1/21/2022 at 1:50 PM, pnwredhead said:

I'm sure we all got this email, but I am wondering if we are all understanding it the same way. 

It sounds like Carnival will not be going back to non-vaxxed cruising. Is that how you read it?

And why did I get 7 copies of the same email?

Just trying to make plans for the cruises I have booked with non-vaxxed people later this year. I'm not sure if I should suggest we push it out another year so they don't lose their OBC for the last canceled cruise or if they should call it a wash. 

Thanks for your thoughts on this. 🙂 

pdf.pdf 481.33 kB · 156 downloads

@mcrcruiser This recent email from Carnival is allowing cancellation with full refund for requests by Feb. 15.

Can anyone confirm that if you rebook to a later date, you will keep the $600 OBC that was issued in 2020? I spoke to someone at Carnival who said that I would, but I'm still leery. I don't want to lose that. If you do retain it, can you completely change cruises, length, port,etc?

2 hours ago, acsfl said:

Can anyone confirm that if you rebook to a later date, you will keep the $600 OBC that was issued in 2020? I spoke to someone at Carnival who said that I would, but I'm still leery. I don't want to lose that. If you do retain it, can you completely change cruises, length, port,etc?

I hope you get an answer - I didn't apply any of my rebooking FCCs/OBCs to the cruise I'm going to cancel, but I'm curious to see how it works for you all.  If you do retain it, I'm almost positive you can use it on anything - I had no trouble putting a $600/7nt OBC on a 3nt cruise, or a $300/4nt OBC on a 7nt.  

My situation is a little different - I don't want a refund, because I booked this during an American Express promotion and I don't want Amex to claw back the promotional earnings.  I'd like to add it to a cruise I already have a cancellation FCC/OBC applied to, or have it float in the ether like all the covid cancelled FCCs do until I apply them to a booking.  I'm not overly anxious to call my PVP, though he was very helpful last time I had to call.