March French Polynesia Regatta

Funtravel66

Nothing really concrete.  However, someone on the 6 April PPT - LA posted recently that they had received an email from Oceania telling them that their excursion in Rangiroa would be at 1600 rather than 1030 in order to accommodate smaller groups to ensure social distancing.  One interpretation of this email is "if Oceania working such (rather detailed) logistical issues, their intent is clearly to sail."  If you go with that "rose colored glasses" interpretation, then there is high likelihood O plans on the March PPT-PPT cruises to be a GO.

JMO

Greg

There havent been any information recently concerning March cruises or this cruise in particular. It should be posted somewhere in mid February or something. I doubt you will find any usefull information any time sooner. Take care my friend

I'm on the first cruise in March.  I haven't heard anything so I will assume it's a go.  The Regatta remains anchored in Long Beach.  I have no idea the significance of that with less than 6 weeks before the first cruise. It's anyone's guess. 

Sailing 4000 miles with no passengers to do a few cruises around the islands with less than full capacity and then back again doesn't make a whole lot of financial sense to me. If the FP cruises get canceled I will understand but if they do it with a short notice I will be quite upset.

All we can do is wait and see.

Unfortunately, O has cancelled with very little notice on occasion.  Like 4 days.  I’ll give them the benefit of the doubt that those short notice cancellations were more due to last minute failures of negotiations with ports of call, while FP and Hawaii appear to want to be open to cruise ships. Also, the Regatta staff needs to get in shape for its Alaska season, which I think should be at close to full capacity, and partially empty boats would be a good chance to do that.  My hopeful thoughts since we are on Papeete to LA leg.  

2 hours ago, LHT28 said:

Hasn't Regatta been  on the west coast for the past year?

Travelling out  to keep things ship shape

Yes  Regatta has made a couple of round trips down to Ensenada in the past couple of months. The last trip down she even docked at Ensenda for two or three days before she headed back to Long Beach. Before that last trip she was docked at Long Beach for 3 or 4 days before she headed out. I have no idea what all this means just something I seen on cruisemapper.

1 hour ago, USNA 72 said:

Yes  Regatta has made a couple of round trips down to Ensenada in the past couple of months. The last trip down she even docked at Ensenda for two or three days before she headed back to Long Beach. Before that last trip she was docked at Long Beach for 3 or 4 days before she headed out. I have no idea what all this means just something I seen on cruisemapper.

it means they are keeping the engines etc...in good working order plus save some port fees

They cannot just hang out

They were also in Portland  early last year  but the crew were not allowed off  at that time

1 hour ago, sunlover12 said:

Yesterday the March 7 passengers received an email with pre-cruise information.  It's an encouraging sign. Will be interesting to be on the first cruise on her in 2 years.

So did the 25 March Passengers, just FYI.

On 1/28/2022 at 6:43 AM, sunlover12 said:

Yesterday the March 7 passengers received an email with pre-cruise information.  It's an encouraging sign. Will be interesting to be on the first cruise on her in 2 years.

Any information that would be interesting to those of us on the transpacific on April 6th?  Haven't received anything at all.

9 hours ago, jondfk said:

Any information that would be interesting to those of us on the transpacific on April 6th?  Haven't received anything at all.

I am in/on same boat as you!  I was emailed that my 10am tour on Rangiroa was moved to a new 4pm tour in order to have fewer people per excursion.  So O is making changes and engaging more tours as if we were a go…

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Clutj said:

March 7 due in Papeete, so no need to leave LA until, what, Feb 23?

The Regatta is on the move. Left LA!  Hoping to be aboard on March 7

Looks like it is headed to San Diego🤷🏼‍♀️