Elite Internet

rick160158

6 minutes ago, rick160158 said:

Do Elite still receive free internet minutes depending on the length of the cruise ? Or did they take it away.  I don't see it in the " Elite Benefits or Platinum".

Princess also removed the Loyalty OBC which began at $25 for 20 cruise credits up to $100 for 50+ cruise credits.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, rick160158 said:

Do Elite still receive free internet minutes depending on the length of the cruise ? Or did they take it away.  I don't see it in the " Elite Benefits or Platinum".

We used to get 25% off the onboard package pricing.  Now we get 50% off the cost either pre-cruise or onboard.  The internet is all unlimited now.  

PRE-CRUISE

Single Device           = $10/day

Four Devices            = $20/day

ON-BOARD

Single Device           = $15/day

Four Device              = $25/day

ON-BOARD - Single day purchase = $20/day

You can see the internet pricing for your voyage in the MC App.  However, if you order today, it charges you full price and you get the 50% as refundable OBC.  Eventually, Princess will update the App to recognize your Circle level and charge you only the 50% net price.  If you order on-board, you are billed only the net cost to on-board account. 

They are supposed to be offering the pre-cruise price, less 50%, off on Day 1 to eligible members because the App doesn't offer the discounted price.  If you call Princess pre-cruise to order, I believe they are still charging you full price in advance with the OBC coming on-board.

57 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

We used to get 25% off the onboard package pricing.  Now we get 50% off the cost either pre-cruise or onboard.  The internet is all unlimited now.  

PRE-CRUISE

Single Device           = $10/day

Four Devices            = $20/day

ON-BOARD

Single Device           = $15/day

Four Device              = $25/day

ON-BOARD - Single day purchase = $20/day

You can see the internet pricing for your voyage in the MC App.  However, if you order today, it charges you full price and you get the 50% as refundable OBC.  Eventually, Princess will update the App to recognize your Circle level and charge you only the 50% net price.  If you order on-board, you are billed only the net cost to on-board account. 

They are supposed to be offering the pre-cruise price, less 50%, off on Day 1 to eligible members because the App doesn't offer the discounted price.  If you call Princess pre-cruise to order, I believe they are still charging you full price in advance with the OBC coming on-board.

I tried to purchase internet on the app two days ago but had a problem. I called Princess and was charged the full price. I didn’t have a problem with that as I knew I would get half back once on the ship. But then I had to call Princess again about an hour later. During my conversation I mentioned that I had just paid full price for he internet. The woman I was talking to said that Princess now has the ability to recognize loyalty levels. She said it was brand new and all she had to do was apply the right code. She refunded me my first payment and recharged me at half the price. 

Edited by CTGirl
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

47 minutes ago, CTGirl said:

The woman I was talking to said that Princess now has the ability to recognize loyalty levels. She said it was brand new and all she had to do was apply the right code. She refunded me my first payment and recharged me at half the price. 

This is great news!!  I don't see a change in the MC App as yet, but perhaps with the next upgrade it will be there.  At least we can call in now and get charged the net cost!!  Progress even if at glacial pace.

I emailed our cvp & she added the medallian net pkg. I was charged half price. It was added to our statement in our personalizer summary. She said they no longer charge platinum & elite full price & refund half back in obc. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 1965 said:

I emailed our cvp & she added the medallian net pkg. I was charged half price. It was added to our statement in our personalizer summary. She said they no longer charge platinum & elite full price & refund half back in obc. 

Unfortunately that isn’t true for my March 7-day cruise using their app…they’d charge me full price & I am elite.

2C8F9CE1-66A4-4CCB-AE56-F3B0F3A1EBE7.jpeg

1 hour ago, 1965 said:

Well darn it. 🤨

I’m jealous…another example of Princess being consistently inconsistent. They began hyping MedallionClass five years ago & still cannot provide everything promoted to all passengers…frustrating. 🥴

1 hour ago, 1965 said:

Here is my summary. The $70 is medallian net for 1 device for 14 day cruise. 

Screenshot_20220130-192949_Photo Editor.jpg

21 minutes ago, beach_fever_4ever said:

We are elite and booked our future cruises that include wi-fi. The question is : can I only access the internet with my smart phone or can I use the computers in the internet cafe ?

To the best of my knowledge you can use the computers in the internet cafe.

39 minutes ago, beach_fever_4ever said:

We are elite and booked our future cruises that include wi-fi. The question is : can I only access the internet with my smart phone or can I use the computers in the internet cafe ?

Yes...but there are limits on what you can do.

You'll likely be locked out of any website that Princess IT considers "risky". They don't want to get a virus. Covid is more than enuf. 😂

43 minutes ago, JF - retired RRT said:

Yes...but there are limits on what you can do.

You'll likely be locked out of any website that Princess IT considers "risky". They don't want to get a virus. Covid is more than enuf. 😂

I hear you. I can pay my bills on my smart phone, but sometimes I need a bigger screen for some applications. Thanks.