Carnival Corporation Shareholders On Board Credit Application

Queen of the Queen

Here's a link to the instructions for applying for the Carnival Corporation shareholder benefit.

Carnival Corporation Shareholder Benefit

I'm learning something new here. In the past, the only acceptable methods of applying for the shareholder benefit in North American were via snail mail or fax. For the first time, I'm seeing these instructions are now offering email (to "sb@cunard.com") as an option, with the caveat "If you chose to email, you do so at your own risk and with the knowledge that email is inherently an insecure method of communication."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bluemarble said:

Here's a link to the instructions for applying for the Carnival Corporation shareholder benefit.

Carnival Corporation Shareholder Benefit

I'm learning something new here. In the past, the only acceptable methods of applying for the shareholder benefit in North American were via snail mail or fax. For the first time, I'm seeing these instructions are now offering email (to "sb@cunard.com") as an option, with the caveat "If you chose to email, you do so at your own risk and with the knowledge that email is inherently an insecure method of communication."

Thank you for your prompt reply. I booked the cruise Feb. 1. I dialed the number listed on your response and held on for over two hours. There is now a message to call back at the end of the week

The attached specifies to apply three weeks prior, which was yesterday. 

I sent an inquiry to the email address and they have not responded.

I will try sending the information via email and fax and hope I get a response

Will keep you posted which method worked.

We were on the QM2  Holiday cruise and although it could have been better, it did not change our loyalty to QM2. We have booked both a Feb. and March cruise and hope we have a better experience. Our feeling is that we would rather be on a ship than at home in New England during the winter months.

A few things to keep in mind.

Since it is less than three weeks until your sail date, Cunard may not accept your request for the shareholder benefit. Please do let us know if they accept it anyway.

In the past, it has typically taken Cunard about a week to reply to benefit requests.

If you booked through a travel agent rather than booking directly with Cunard, in the past for North American bookings, Cunard has communicated acceptance of shareholder benefit requests to your travel agent, not to you, even though you submitted the requests yourself.

Hi in the UK we have to apply no more than 3 months but at least 3 weeks as you have to send proof of ownership and loads of details we found it hard to get all details they needed in the documentation that we had

the last time we applied for shares we were told we had not sent correct details bot that was all the information we had previously sent when we applied it had not been difficult at all

hope you manage to get your obc 

Blue Marble's response is very helpful.  A few other things:  You cannot apply for the Shareholder OBC until you have made your final payment.  We have always applied via fax, but our TA has recently told us that now Cunard will accept emails.  We have had terrible experience with the Cunard office in California where we send our fax requests.  Routinely they have failed to work with our initial application.  Routinely we have had to send a second fax and have our TA phone the California office to get them to go to work.  And then only our TA can confirm that the OBC has been accredited to our account.  The Cunard office has never sent us a confirmation, unlike other Carnival cruise lines.  You have to hang in there, and I wish you good luck.  Sometimes it feels like a lot of work for a little bit of OBC, but there you have it.

• Like 1

You can submit for your Shareholder OBC well before Final Payment. We do it every time for all Carnival Corp cruises.

As long as the sailing is before the Renewal Date of the benefit. Cunard is often slow in processing lately but both mail, fax and email work.

Thank you all for the helpful information.

I submitted my information via fax this morning. If Cunard checks I did send an email exactly three weeks prior to the cruise asking for information on how to submit my request. That might support my argument that I tried to apply three weeks prior. 

I made full payment at time of booking, so that should not be an issue.

I will  call Cunard in a day or two, hopefully they will be answering the phones by then,  and request that they see if my application did arrive via fax.

I am hesitant about sending another request via email, it may confuse the issue

I have another cruise booked on QM2 in March, and will not apply for that obc until I hear about the February cruise, again, might confuse the issue

Lorraine

I am currently having a terrible experience getting my Carnival on board credits for a cruise that disembarks on Feb. 22nd. I sent two faxes before my Travel agent found out that Cunard is not in the office to receive the faxes. I sent an email on Jan. 22 after spending three weeks faxing back and forth.

As of yesterday still no credit as been posted to my account.

My travel agent is now working with her manager and Cunard to get it posted.

It really takes the joy of going on my first cruise in two years because of the pandemic.

1 hour ago, Lesanne said:

In the UK our shares are held by Equiniti who are recognised by all Carnival brands, all we have to do is tell our TA and they apply the benefit. We have never had to send details in.

We have done that with Princess in the past because they have always been difficult at Southampton but Cunard/P&O its so easy by e-mail direct I have never needed the need to involve TA and instructions on website what to send is simple and explained.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, bluemarble said:

For the first time, I'm seeing these instructions are now offering email (to "sb@cunard.com") as an option, with the caveat "If you chose to email, you do so at your own risk and with the knowledge that email is inherently an insecure method of communication."

It's actually been the only reason for me to justify having my all-in-one printer's fax machine connected to the telephone line. Good to see that they've moved on from that requirement. I have no reason to suspect that they'll be any more responsive than in the past. 🙃

I don't think I ever get any kind of confirmation when I fax in my info. (HAL does send a confirmation) I always take a copy of my brokerage statement and a copy of my cover letter with me in case the credit doesn't show up on my onboard account. It did fail to show once or twice, and a visit to the purser's desk got it fixed.

16 hours ago, granny49 said:

I am currently having a terrible experience getting my Carnival on board credits for a cruise that disembarks on Feb. 22nd. I sent two faxes before my Travel agent found out that Cunard is not in the office to receive the faxes. I sent an email on Jan. 22 after spending three weeks faxing back and forth.

As of yesterday still no credit as been posted to my account.

My travel agent is now working with her manager and Cunard to get it posted.

It really takes the joy of going on my first cruise in two years because of the pandemic.

Granny:  Your experience is typical for US passengers, sadly.  I think it is because of the lack of care and attention at the Cunard office in California,  Not White Star service.

I must be one of the fortunates, my share dealing company I use deals with that, I drop them an email, tell them cruise line and ship with obvious dates and it's all done for me. I must admit though, prior to this I had to send screen shots of my shareholding certificate to Cunard to get my OBC

On 2/3/2022 at 10:29 AM, Queen of the Queen said:

I was  finally able to  get through to Cunard by phone today. 

I was given a different email address than on the form posted , also was told the fax  number was incorrect.

Email address I used this afternoon:

sbpcl@princesscruises.com

Luckily, I had a lovely agent and after sending another email, I received a reply within five minutes that the on board credit for both my February 22nd and March 27th  cruises have been applied

Something else to cross off the list

Also advised that there are no Covid tests being given at the Brooklyn Terminal. Have to get the test done on your own, 48 hours in advance

There are three Gala evenings for Feb. 22 cruise, The Black/White Ball, Roaring 20's theme and the last Gala has no theme and the agent said it is not a Ball. 

Again, thank you for all your help

Lorraine

1 hour ago, Queen of the Queen said:

I was given a different email address than on the form posted , also was told the fax  number was incorrect.

Luckily, I had a lovely agent and after sending another email, I received a reply within five minutes that the on board credit for both my February 22nd and March 27th  cruises have been applied

Also advised that there are no Covid tests being given at the Brooklyn Terminal. Have to get the test done on your own, 48 hours in advance

There are three Gala evenings for Feb. 22 cruise, The Black/White Ball, Roaring 20's theme and the last Gala has no theme and the agent said it is not a Ball. 

Lorraine

Thanks for that feedback, @Queen of the Queen. Great to hear Cunard was so responsive in getting your shareholder benefits applied.

Interesting to note the agent you spoke with asked you to use the Princess email listed on the Carnival shareholder benefit form ("sbpcl@princesscruises.com") to submit your Cunard benefit requests rather than the Cunard email listed on that form ("sb@cunard.com").

Princess and Cunard do operate out of the same office in Santa Clarita and have shared the same fax number although it would appear the fax number listed on the form may be incorrect now based on your report. That does beg the question what happens to those who follow the instructions for Cunard and email to "sb@cunard.com" or fax to the number listed for both Princess and Cunard.

Coincidentally I just learned this morning from the roll call for your Feb. 22nd cruise that your last Gala Evening had been changed from the Masquerade theme to no theme. I have updated the master dress code/theme schedule for QM2 accordingly. I'm now no longer showing any Masquerade themes on the schedules for either QM2 or QE until after mid-April. I suppose it's a matter of semantics whether to call that last Gala Evening an unthemed ball or to say it's not a ball at all.

Enjoy your cruises!

Thank you for all this information.

I have also have received my Carnival Credit finally, but I did have to get my T/A and Cunard involved. It took more than a month. Of course I probably faxed to the wrong number and emailed the wrong address. But how would anyone know this information. I went by what was on Carnival Stock benefit site.

8 hours ago, Queen of the Queen said:

Lorraine

Lorraine:  Happy that you got this taken care of.  Maybe we will have better luck in the future???  Hope so.  We will be on the QM2 this June, so we will test the new email system.  Tom

On 2/3/2022 at 6:13 PM, majortom10 said:

We have done that with Princess in the past because they have always been difficult at Southampton but Cunard/P&O its so easy by e-mail direct I have never needed the need to involve TA and instructions on website what to send is simple and explained.

Me neither.

Last November I applied by email once balance paid and bingo, confirmation back in under a week.

• 1 month later...