sailing full capicity??

bandmp

What are 'someone's' qualifications to make that statement?

Look at the numbers on current cruises - over the holidays demand was rarely above 50% capacity and many (most?) are decreasing not increasing..  As an avid reader of this board, I've never seen anyone complain that they couldn't book a cruise due to capacity issues.  Of course that is just anecdotal but the numbers have been so low I just don't think demand was/is there.  For example on our Caribbean Princess cruise that began a month ago today, there was a full crew (1,080) but the passengers numbered slightly less than 1,000.  Since that cruise the numbers have decreased to the low 900s/upper 800s IIRC.

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, bandmp said:

I heard from someone today that Princess ships will sail at full passenger capacity starting March 1.  Can anyone confirm or deny this?

Princess might be open for 100% capacity, but current bookings by customers won't come close to that for awhile.

• Like 7

I think too many passengers are not willing to cruise at this point;  so the ships will sail less than full capacity.  My last cruise on Grand,  we had 715 passengers,  which was perfect

11 hours ago, bandmp said:

I heard from someone today that Princess ships will sail at full passenger capacity starting March 1.  Can anyone confirm or deny this?

They wish they could...and I hope they can soon if we want our ships to keep sailing.....While we have enjoyed the "once in a lifetime" opportunity to sail on low capacity ships, that's not going to be sustainable. 

The issue seems to be low demand, not self imposed capacity limits.....Fear is keeping some folks afraid and away.  It's got to end.

Get out there folks...it's the best time to cruise, ever, IMO.

• Like 2

I'm new to Princess, and booked specifically because the loads are low. I want to see what a big ship is like, and for my 1st cruise on a big ship, the low pax count was the driving force.

I booked Sky March TA, and even looked into bailing in Azores if it's not my cup of tea.

No way would I book if pax numbers were high.

It might turn out to be at full capacity, that's a chance I'll take, but I'm hoping/expecting 50%+/ capacity.

17 minutes ago, Unicorn and Rainbows said:

I'm new to Princess, and booked specifically because the loads are low. I want to see what a big ship is like, and for my 1st cruise on a big ship, the low pax count was the driving force.

I booked Sky March TA, and even looked into bailing in Azores if it's not my cup of tea.

No way would I book if pax numbers were high.

It might turn out to be at full capacity, that's a chance I'll take, but I'm hoping/expecting 50%+/ capacity.

We were on a TA in October (westbound) and the capacity was 47% (October 2021, not Princess)

I'm curious as to what capacity percent would cause you to jump ship mid cruise?

(our experience from two cruises since the unpleasantness is that no matter the capacity (47% and another was 38%) there will be times when you will be close to your fellow humans.....You may be under a lot of stress if you are looking for lots of personal space on a cruise ship...especially on the Sky TA with 7 days at sea!)

• Like 1

The thought of 3k+ pax is hard to get my head around. I'm used to much smaller ships.

As for disembarking mid cruse - I wanted an off ramp in case a big ship isn't for me.

In other words, I'm way overthinking things and for purely selfish reasons it would be great if the pax count was low. That way I'd ease into the big ship experience.

1 minute ago, Unicorn and Rainbows said:

The thought of 3k+ pax is hard to get my head around. I'm used to much smaller ships.

As for disembarking mid cruse - I wanted an off ramp in case a big ship isn't for me.

In other words, I'm way overthinking things and for purely selfish reasons it would be great if the pax count was low. That way I'd ease into the big ship experience.

We've been on the Regal, Royal, and Sky when they were at or close to capacity and they never feel crowded...well, except perhaps trying to find a seat in the theater 5 minutes before start time.  🙂  

• Like 3

6 hours ago, FlaMariner said:

They wish they could...and I hope they can soon if we want our ships to keep sailing.....While we have enjoyed the "once in a lifetime" opportunity to sail on low capacity ships, that's not going to be sustainable. 

The issue seems to be low demand, not self imposed capacity limits.....Fear is keeping some folks afraid and away.  It's got to end.

Get out there folks...it's the best time to cruise, ever, IMO.

Agree. My kids have a 1:15 chance of catching COVID at school and 1:1000 on a cruise right now. It was time to book!

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, USCcruisecrazy said:

We've been on the Regal, Royal, and Sky when they were at or close to capacity and they never feel crowded...well, except perhaps trying to find a seat in the theater 5 minutes before start time.  🙂  

This is all such good news. I'll probably turn into Sky's biggest cheerleader...😁

• Like 1

I've been watching our booking March 20, 2022 on Enchanted Princess. 

There are very few cabins left for sale on either Princess.com or on the big box TA.  

So other than the cabins set aside for quarantine, I'm thinking our sailing is a lot more than 50% full.  

• Like 3

I was on the Sky for two weeks after Thanksgiving - 1700 passengers week one, 1900 week two.  On the Regal the first week of January  - 1500 passengers.

I am on the Regal and there are only 805 passengers. There were 1035 last week.

I hope the numbers go up. I don't know how long Princess can afford to operate at these levels.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, AF-1 said:

I think too many passengers are not willing to cruise at this point;  so the ships will sail less than full capacity.  My last cruise on Grand,  we had 715 passengers,  which was perfect

I was on the Grand for Christmas and we had 400+. That was perfect !!!

• Like 1

On 2/2/2022 at 10:08 PM, bandmp said:

On 2/3/2022 at 12:19 AM, dog said:

Never heard this. Hope not 

just got notification for my March 28/22 cruise. All must be Vaccinated with 2 doses.  Also recommend booster 

23 hours ago, cruzsnooze said:

Are you saying you don't want to sail Vaccinated?

No 

I was responding to OP 

we are triple vaxed & I am glad these restrictions are in place!

• Like 2

On 2/3/2022 at 4:49 PM, CruisinFinsUp said:

So other than the cabins set aside for quarantine, I'm thinking our sailing is a lot more than 50% full.  

It does appear that way. I don't think there setting aside that many cabins for infected people. 

On 2/3/2022 at 4:49 PM, CruisinFinsUp said:

I've been watching our booking March 20, 2022 on Enchanted Princess. 

There are very few cabins left for sale on either Princess.com or on the big box TA.  

It looks that way on the Feb 28th Enchanted as well.

Many cabins that were available a few weeks ago are now unavailable.

We got moved from our Dolphin deck cabin, as have many others on this same sailing.

It appears that they may be designating more cabins on that deck for quarantine to prepare for the additional passengers.

I may be wrong and will be happy to report once I'm onboard.

Edited by hllwdcruiser

4 minutes ago, hllwdcruiser said:

It looks that way on the Feb 28th Enchanted as well.

Many cabins that were available a few weeks ago are now unavailable.

We got moved from our Dolphin deck cabin, as have many others on this same sailing.

It appears that they may be designating more cabins on that deck for quarantine to prepare for the additional passengers.

I may be wrong and will be happy to report once I'm onboard.

Are you going to answer other questions as well similar to a "live from"?