"Have it all" package....what's not included...?

Qcruise

I've not been on these boards since the covid took away our favorite way to vacation....now we're supposed to finally try HAL aboard the Rotterdam in 

April after two cancellations.  I read in a recent review that tips and taxes are not included in the beverage package.  In the description it says "service charges included"....so what does that mean...?  We're used to Princess and they don't charge anything if you buy the package.  Thanks for any clarification....

I just looked up what we paid in December for our 8 bottle Sommelier package. (Love the Navigator app with our previous onboard statements available)

The charge was $258.42 (included tip)....So that's $32 a bottle.....I thought that was reasonable......

We are 3 stars so we got 25% off that price...(so even better) .Excited for 4 stars when it's 50% off!

Edited by FlaMariner
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

Yes, tips and taxes are included in the package.

In the Signature Beverage Package, all beverages (up to a limit of 15 per day) up to and including $11 are included with no extra tip or tax.  Beverages include alcoholic beverages, soft drinks, specialty coffees, canned/bottled waters, etc.  The Elite Beverage Package ups the limit to $15 per drink.

Be sure to order within the limit of your package's price limit.  If you order a drink priced higher than your respective plan's limit, you are charged the full drink price plus 18% tip, not just the difference between your package limit and the drink price.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Sailing the Rotterdam in April rather than fly. I purchased the “Have It All” pkg with the understanding it included at minimum gratuities, drinks and wifi. Now I am told the wifi is not included! And the comp specialty restraints are only Canaletto and Sushi, which is a la carte! Disappointed with their “bait and switch” marketing, Has anyone else experienced this?  What should I expect with their service and quality?

21 minutes ago, travel1104 said:

Sailing the Rotterdam in April rather than fly. I purchased the “Have It All” pkg with the understanding it included at minimum gratuities, drinks and wifi. Now I am told the wifi is not included! And the comp specialty restraints are only Canaletto and Sushi, which is a la carte! Disappointed with their “bait and switch” marketing, Has anyone else experienced this?  What should I expect with their service and quality?

On the bottom of one of my pages on my booking it has all that is included when we booked HIA.  Do you not have a page like that? 
I’ll attach a photo showing it. 

FDF4A830-7A35-4E37-9815-16D64052FE18.jpeg

31 minutes ago, travel1104 said:

Before we accuse people of illegal activities,  do you have it in writing what you were promised?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CruiserBruce said:

Before we accuse people of illegal activities,  do you have it in writing what you were promised?

Thanks for your response. Good point and I only saved the promo sailing as mentioned on the website. My guess there's an "out" buried in the fine print terms, so not illegal just shady & misleading. My paperwork from my travel agent only shows 3 items, no wifi. So not seeing this sooner on my billing is my fault as I only booked because the HAL offer "included" at an upcharge for all these items that I have been use to receiving.  This is a 1st with HAL, previous cruising with Crystal(R.I.P.) and Viking, so I'm curious. I'm just a bit skeptical of what else. 

In the recent past there have been two different 'Have it All' promos.

The first promo included Signature Beverage Package, Signature Dining Package (ship dependant Pinnacle Grill + Tamarind/Canelleto)  and Tips/Hotel Charge/Crew Incentive, but NO WiFi.

The second more recent promo has Signature Beverage Package, Signature Dining Package, Surf WiFi and Credit for ship's excursions, but NOT the Crew Incentive. 

For sailings on Rotterdam of 10-20 days (April TA) the dining package includes 1 night Pinnacle Grill and one night Tamarind.

For 10–20-day voyages, guests will receive two nights: one night at Pinnacle Grill and one night at Tamarind. For ships without Tamarind, guests will receive two nights: one night at Pinnacle Grill and one night at Canaletto.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

To add to my post #8 there was also a 72 hour promo recently (I think it was called that) which offered gratuities included and could be added to a booking (if qualified) and we also got that added. 

There are so many different “Promos” including getting it much cheaper if you don’t want the HIA. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, travel1104 said:

I purchased the “Have It All” pkg

I didn't think that the 'Have it All' package could be purchased.  I thought it was a promotion and the package price was included (or not) in the cruise price.  It is possible to purchase a Beverage Package, a Dining Package and it is possible to pre pay the Crew Appreciation, but not at the promo price of 'Have it All'. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, canadianbear said:

To add to my post #8 there was also a 72 hour promo recently (I think it was called that) which offered gratuities included and could be added to a booking (if qualified) and we also got that added. 

There are so many different “Promos” including getting it much cheaper if you don’t want the HIA. 

I tried to add that - at first I was told I could, then I called back & told I couldn't - very frustrating.

1 hour ago, victory2020 said:

I tried to add that - at first I was told I could, then I called back & told I couldn't - very frustrating.

Mine was opposite. I emailed my PCC with screen shot and he originally said no then yes. But at first he thought it was our South Pacific cruise then realized it was the Caribbean one and that one worked.  

When we booked our August Oosterdam cruise last year, we had a promo that included Drinks package SBP, all gratuities, 2 shore excursions pp credit and 2 specialty restaurants pp, and Premium internet. 

I am confused.  I thought I was getting the Have it All package, but then the only things listed on the booking were two dining and two shore excursions.  Then I got an email from HAL saying I had the drinks and the wifi, too.  Those don't show up on the booking.  I'm going to call them to see if I can get this straight.

I just booked the Rotterdam TA for next April (2023) and my HIA includes what others have shared above.

The cruise I took on NA in December had the original HIA that included tips rather than the shore excursions, which I much prefer since I rarely take ship excursions.  But I'll take whatever they're offering.  For that package, dining was Pinnacle Grill and Canaletto.  I'm glad they've changed that to Tamarind.

And, technically, you are purchasing the HIA package.  You could book just the cabin without the perks.

Edited by NCTribeFan
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, VMax1700 said:

The details should show up on Page 2 of the Guest Booking Confirmation from HAL.

73518510_Screenshot2022-03-05100832.thumb.jpg.9e34d09973ddbb21a10051e132476d45.jpg

I ALWAYS check this section of my booking, the first time naturally, but ALSO after any changes are made to my reservation.  Best to catch issues quickly and to know exactly what you have before you get onboard.

• Like 1

On 3/3/2022 at 5:37 PM, VMax1700 said:

I didn't think that the 'Have it All' package could be purchased.  I thought it was a promotion and the package price was included (or not) in the cruise price.  It is possible to purchase a Beverage Package, a Dining Package and it is possible to pre pay the Crew Appreciation, but not at the promo price of 'Have it All'. 

On 3/3/2022 at 12:34 PM, 4966and556 said:

The "Have it all" is a promo, not a package for purchase. If you booked before Feb. 28, you got the HIA promo for no charge. 

We booked back in October for next weekend (3/20-27) Southern Caribbean on the Rotterdam. 

The HIA isn't a "package" but it is a higher priced fare. So it costs more than without the HIA, but it is a savings over buying the items separately. You don't get it "at no charge," but rather you pay a premium fare to get it.

Edited by Linguist208
  • Like 1

On 3/4/2022 at 8:25 AM, terrydtx said:

When we booked our August Oosterdam cruise last year, we had a promo that included Drinks package SBP, all gratuities, 2 shore excursions pp credit and 2 specialty restaurants pp, and Premium internet. 

I pulled out my invoice to check it out and found in addition to all the above we have $150pp OBC which must have been part of the promo.

11 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

I pulled out my invoice to check it out and found in addition to all the above we have $150pp OBC which must have been part of the promo.

Not according to the pricing, and we didn't get it. You may have a better travel agent than I.

Does anyone have a link to what beverages/brands are currently included in the signature drink package that comes with "Have it All" as well as what's included in the more expensive "Premium package?" I'm also curious what it now costs to upgrade from signature to premium? I'm assuming both people in the stateroom have to upgrade if one chooses to do so?