Paying online for cruise

cindik

New to Royal Caribbean. I paid deposit when I booked cruise. When I go to cruise manager on my booking to make payment, it says select ship but will not let me select the ship? Am I missing something? Or, can you not make a payment online?

16 minutes ago, cindik said:

New to Royal Caribbean. I paid deposit when I booked cruise. When I go to cruise manager on my booking to make payment, it says select ship but will not let me select the ship? Am I missing something? Or, can you not make a payment online?

Not sure how to help you but you can always just call them and then ask why you can't do it on-line. I've never run across that problem. Sorry!

Are you sure that you set up your "My Cruise" account? You'll need to do that first.

Edited by SilkySal
add

12 minutes ago, cindik said:

What do you mean it won't let you select the ship? Does the ship name appear in the dropdown on the screen to look up your reservation?

You do need to make sure you've entered your reservation number and last name in those fields immediately above the box where you select the ship.  If that isn't the problem, you may want to try clearing your browser cache, or maybe use another browser.  If that still doesn't work, call Royal and they'll take your payment over the phone.  Good luck and have fun!

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, cindik said:

It says select ship, but nothing appears in the drop down box and can’t type in ship’s name.

I just logged into my account and I can replicate your issue. The dropdown box with the lists of ships is empty. You can still make a payment over the phone if you need to make one today. Otherwise, I would just check back with it later. I have never seen this issue on their site, but for whatever reason, that control is not being properly populated with data.

I just got the same thing too.  Royal IT strikes again!

3 minutes ago, Scottee25 said:

I just logged into my account and I can replicate your issue. The dropdown box with the lists of ships is empty. You can still make a payment over the phone if you need to make one today. Otherwise, I would just check back with it later. I have never seen this issue on their site, but for whatever reason, that control is not being properly populated with data.

30 minutes ago, cindik said:

It says select ship, but nothing appears in the drop down box and can’t type in ship’s name.

41 minutes ago, Scottee25 said:

What do you mean it won't let you select the ship? Does the ship name appear in the dropdown on the screen to look up your reservation?

31 minutes ago, cindik said:

Thanks, I will call them, was hoping to avoid that. I just thought I was doing something wrong, but if you are seeing the same issue, guess it’s a IT glitch.

Clear your cache/cookies. RC's website is quite susceptible to breaking when you have outdated versions of the site.

Edit: It's a site problem. Behind the scenes there's an error when trying to populate that dropdown

<HTML><HEAD><TITLE>Error</TITLE></HEAD><BODY>
An error occurred while processing your request.<p>
Reference&#32;&#35;30&#46;4c011fb8&#46;1644082400&#46;4bb380e6
</BODY></HTML>

Edited by smokeybandit

4 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

Clear your cache/cookies. RC's website is quite susceptible to breaking when you have outdated versions of the site

It's not a cache/cookies issue. I have confirmed that it is happening across different browsers and different devices. This is an issue with their site populating this control.

• Like 1

I find the cruise and cabin i want and call RC to book on the phone .

They take my credit card info and then i get an email with the document.

Then they send an email when they want more money .

I find this the easiest  way for me to do business with RC.

Mine is just me looking to pay off my balance, so I'm more willing to wait until they fix the problem than sit on hold forever. I deal with people and phones all day long at work, so the last thing I want to do in my free time is touch a phone and talk to people. 🤣 But yes, I do call if I need someone to specifically handle something rather than just my balance. 😊

• Like 2

8 hours ago, cindik said:

Same thing happens for me.  In addition, for two days I haven't been able to search for sailings on either desktop or phone.  Sometimes I can get the date in but not the ship and vice versa.  The circle just keeps spinning.  Yep, I've cleared everything twice and began anew plus tried different browsers to no avail.  Anyone been able to resolve this?  Guess they don't want me booking any new cruises!

I had the issue with the ship not showing up on the drop down and called to make final payment on a reservation.  They refused to take final payment because the reservation was made online and has to be managed that way.  Since I have another week to make final payment, they told me to just wait and try again.  Not the best customer service and especially when I'm trying to give them my money.

43 minutes ago, clpoz said:

I had the issue with the ship not showing up on the drop down and called to make final payment on a reservation.  They refused to take final payment because the reservation was made online and has to be managed that way.  Since I have another week to make final payment, they told me to just wait and try again.  Not the best customer service and especially when I'm trying to give them my money.

That is ridiculous.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, clpoz said:

I have never heard of that one  I would call again

I have had this issue multiple times over the years (Yay Royal IT!!) Chrome and IE or Edge will not work but Opera always does.  I actually don't use Opera for anything other than when I have these issues do my history/cache stays clean on that browser.  

Same problem for my reservation 

I booked 3 days ago then Sailing in 3 weeks But when I wanted to make final payment it won’t let me. Called and I was told to try in a few days that is why my final payment was extended online. First time that I see that final payment due  online is that’s close to sailing