ms Nieuw Amsterdam in Port Everglades, February 12, 2022

Scrapnana

2 hours ago, Vict0riann said:

Thanks, Kathi.  I have to wonder what is going on, and if they have run out of crew to quarantine...

My guess - the crew are now quarantining on Noordam.  Gus had said in an interview recently that they'd made the "difficult decision" to pull NA out of service for a few weeks.  My opinion - to save money.  Rather than having NA doing 7-night cruises on Saturday less than 1/2 full and Rotterdam doing the same on Sunday less than half full, they pulled NA and moved those guests over to the Rotterdam.  Now today NA is back in service for an Irish Music charter cruise which sounds like it's sold out (someone said 2067 guests if I remember correctly).  Thank goodness for that charter, as it brought NA back - I didn't want to see my Feb 26th NA canceled!

Sue/WDW1972

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, wdw1972 said:

My guess - the crew are now quarantining on Noordam.  Gus had said in an interview recently that they'd made the "difficult decision" to pull NA out of service for a few weeks.  My opinion - to save money.  Rather than having NA doing 7-night cruises on Saturday less than 1/2 full and Rotterdam doing the same on Sunday less than half full, they pulled NA and moved those guests over to the Rotterdam.  Now today NA is back in service for an Irish Music charter cruise which sounds like it's sold out (someone said 2067 guests if I remember correctly).  Thank goodness for that charter, as it brought NA back - I didn't want to see my Feb 26th NA canceled!

Sue/WDW1972

Thanks for posting this.  I thought the Noordam was going to Freeport for drydocking.  I guess HAL's fleet plans change as often as some of our travel plans do.  

Just now, rkacruiser said:

Thanks for posting this.  I thought the Noordam was going to Freeport for drydocking.  I guess HAL's fleet plans change as often as some of our travel plans do.  

I've heard that too.  But, it was pretty suspicious to me that last weekend both NA & Noordam were in Port Everglades together for the same time period.  Again, it's only my assumption but I'm assuming during the day they transferred crew as needed, then sailed off to their spots.  Guess we'll see if Noordam comes around to get any crew from the 3 HAL ships tomorrow.  Perhaps she's playing quarantine ship until drydock.  But, if there's no sign of her tomorrow most likely my latest assumption is wrong and they're using some other non HAL ship for quarantine.

Sue/WDW1972

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, wdw1972 said:

But, if there's no sign of her tomorrow most likely my latest assumption is wrong and they're using some other non HAL ship for quarantine.

Bingo!  Island Princess.  It's always been a pooled relationship with Princess and HAL.  Island was anchored off PE today picking up crew from Sky and Regal.

Roy

Edited by rafinmd
  • Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Bingo!  Island Princess.  It's always been a pooled relationship with Princess and HAL.  Island was anchored off PE today picking up crew from Sky and Regal.

Roy

If HAL's crew likes pasta, being on a Princess ship, they ought to enjoy some good pasta.  

12 minutes ago, JazzyV said:

Does anyone know where the Port Everglades webcam is located? I was trying to figure it out from the view and looking at the map.

The Fort Lauderdale webcams were on the Pier 66 hotel.  I don't think it's being taken down but is undergoing extensive renovation for about 2 years.  The webcam is on a condo right at the end of the channel, near the x on the map.

Capture.JPG.38c5d24916bb67fb4e78664873bcd961.JPG

Roy

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Happily@Sea said:

I'm here too, waiting for Big Ugly to get out of the way, so she's out of the way and NA can appear on the PE Cam.

Not so much.  Worked well from the FLL webcams but NA will still be stuck behind Nova Southeastern University.

Roy