Best Ocean Medallion holder

larrybritt

13 hours ago, leck57 said:

Generally yes but I have had times where the chip cannot be read and have had to swipe the strip. Some of our supermarket rewards cards still only have the strip, not that I would take them on an overseas trip.

You are correct. There are many places you still need to swipe. Thus the strip.

• Like 1

Here it is. A strong magnet is not required to screw up your credit card. Even another credit card can mess one up. So as I mentioned. make sure you do not put the medallion in your pocket with a credit card. or on the table in the evening. Caution will save headache. Read on.

Do Magnets Ruin Credit Cards?

First, let’s address one of the main things that many people believe harm credit cards – magnets. Do magnets in fact ruin credit cards? The answer is simple – they can demagnetize the strip on the back of the credit card and therefore render the card inoperable. It is also worth noting that if you have several credit cards it is best not to keep them back-to-back in your wallet because this can sometimes accidentally cause demagnetization. In order to avoid that make sure that you keep your cards separated in your wallet.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, MissP22 said:

I've placed a medallion next to all my credit cards and the magnets do not cancel them. It takes a much stronger magnet to do that. The magnets in the medallion simply aren't strong enough (no matter what some people believe)

Give it a try with one of your credit cards as proof. 😉

No thanks. Not an experiment I need to try.😁

• Like 1

13 hours ago, leck57 said:

No thanks. Not an experiment I need to try.😁

I tried it yesterday on my chip card with an old medallion but when I checked out at Walmart I forgot to swipe the care & used the chip portion. 

Theoretically it should be cancelled (according to some people). 

We shall see. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MissP22 said:

I tried it yesterday on my chip card with an old medallion but when I checked out at Walmart I forgot to swipe the care & used the chip portion. 

Theoretically it should be cancelled (according to some people). 

We shall see. 

Using the chip will work perfect. You should not have any problems.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

Using the chip will work perfect. You should not have any problems.

The chip worked OK but I couldn't test the magnetic strip unless it first wouldn't recognize the chip as the first option. 

Maybe it's shot but I'll never know. 😊

• Like 1

On 7/4/2022 at 8:34 AM, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

Everyone needs to make sure you do not get it near your charge cards. It will clean them because of the magnets.

Interesting, I have a small wallet with a magnetic clip that closes to hold $ bills and it does not affect my credit cards, they are RFI chipped but I have had to use the magnetic swipe at times.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tedferg said:

Interesting, I have a small wallet with a magnetic clip that closes to hold $ bills and it does not affect my credit cards, they are RFI chipped but I have had to use the magnetic swipe at times.

That magnet may not be positioned to demag the card. i am sure the company that makes it took that into consideration. The magnet must go over the strip to have any effect. Actually a magnet will not wipe the strip clean. It distorts the information so the reader will not be able to read it.

• Like 1

Hi everyone

This will be our first time cruising with Princess. We have the drinks package. If my husband goes to the bar to get us each a drink, will he need to have both his and my medallions? If so I imagine a lanyard would be easier than a watch type strap in this scenario?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, lhayler said:

Hi everyone

This will be our first time cruising with Princess. We have the drinks package. If my husband goes to the bar to get us each a drink, will he need to have both his and my medallions? If so I imagine a lanyard would be easier than a watch type strap in this scenario?

It depends on the bartender although I've never been asked.

Since you can't but the drink package for just one individual in a cabin they can charge each person accordingly. We always get 2 doubles at the same time an it's never been a problem. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, lhayler said:

Hi everyone

You might want to check out the ones on ebay. To remove the medallion all you need to do is squeeze the edge of it and the pendant together. Slides right off. I love the ones we purchased. Inexpensive also. Check them out.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, MissP22 said:

It depends on the bartender although I've never been asked.

Since you can't but the drink package for just one individual in a cabin they can charge each person accordingly. We always get 2 doubles at the same time an it's never been a problem. 

Ah ok so they can charge the drink/coffee etc to a person without having their medallion?

• Like 1

On 7/1/2022 at 12:43 PM, dockhl said:

I just made myself a watch-type bracelet with a removable band and Air Tag holder (from Amazon). Not super sleek but comfy, can change bands according to what I am wearing and INEXPENSIVE! I also have beaded lanyard type necklaces. I think I'll change the holder on the necklace to the black one...a little sleeker.

medallion.jpg

1632122994_medallionlanyard.JPG.57fe34b612fc86541041a3089a27aa76.jpg

holder.jpg

The bottom picture is the one we use.  We got a package of 4 from Amazon.   DH mostly kept his in a pocket, but I hooked mine to the strap on my little purse, and it worked out great.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
On 2/17/2022 at 10:48 AM, roxievegas said:

Thank you for adding the link.  I ordered one.  I have two, but they are both plain, no beads.  One is silver and one is gold, but nice to have the beaded one

How does the medallion clip on to the necklace?  Did you have to buy a clip to attach to it?  Sorry, this is my first time and I'm trying to understand how the coin goes on this necklace, because I have a lanyard very similar to this and would like to use it.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, smwg said:

How does the medallion clip on to the necklace?  Did you have to buy a clip to attach to it?  Sorry, this is my first time and I'm trying to understand how the coin goes on this necklace, because I have a lanyard very similar to this and would like to use it.

the one I purchased has a clip on the necklace part and it hooks on the medallion at the top

• Like 2

On 7/10/2022 at 2:47 AM, lhayler said:

Hi everyone

You don't need both.  As a matter of fact some bartenders will just ask for your cabin number and not even look at your medallion.

• Like 2