Black Sea no surprise. St. Petersburg next.

audobon_tx

February 24, 2021

Dear Azamara Guest,

We have been monitoring the situation between Ukraine and Russia the past several weeks and based on the latest overnight developments, we have found it is necessary to make a change to our voyages currently scheduled to visit either of these countries. As a result, your Black Sea Voyage, which is scheduled to depart on May 5, 2022 on Azamara Pursuit®, is one of the voyages we will be adjusting to remove Ukraine and/or Russia as a port of call.

We need a little time to ensure the changes we make still result in a memorable, deeply immersive cruise vacation, so we just wanted to inform you that these changes will be shared with you soon.

We greatly appreciate your understanding and thank you for your cooperation throughout our journey as we have worked to manage this fluid situation. We assure you that your upcoming Azamara vacation will deliver the highest standards of service and quality for which we are known.

Should you have any questions, please contact your Travel Advisor for more details or¿visit https://www.azamara.com/contact-us for your local Azamara call center number.

We look forward to welcoming you on board.

Sincerely,

AZAMARA®

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, AlamoCruisers said:

Thanks for the clarification. We are booked on the June 29th Onward and have not received a message from Azamara yet.  

We are booked on Azamara Journey for August 26th and have received our email today 

We may still do this Black Sea Azamara cruise. 

We have done it previously also under very similar circumstances, as the Ukraine was also under duress from Russia.

At that time another port was added; (certainly no guarantee it will be added again)

https://www.visitgreece.gr/mainland/thessaly/volos/

Edited by GlobalMethod
  • Like 1

I am booked on the June 27th cruise to the Black Sea and am waiting to hear we have the same courtesy extended of a delayed payment till late March. Mine is due in 2 days and I would like to know where I am going before I pay!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cruisinclined said:

Not sure I would go to China for all the vodka in Russia!

Oh my goodness.  We have to meet.  We share the same brain!  I was going to post exactly that and then got busy with something and forgot all about it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, TeaBag said:

Oh my goodness.  We have to meet.  We share the same brain!  I was going to post exactly that and then got busy with something and forgot all about it.

I have been to both countries in a limited way, Hong Kong for a week when UK protectorate and St Petersburg on a cruise. We may not like their leaders but the places and people themselves can be great.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, marinaro44 said:

Twelve crew from Ukraine on Quest now.  Difficult times.

Many here will know Azamara ballroom dancers Sasha and Dima from Ukraine and I've been worried about them. I heard from Sasha today and both she and Dima are out of the country, but obviously worried about their families back in Ukraine. I've met Sasha's parents when I visited Kyiv to see them and it's all so desperate and hard to believe. Let's just hope this whole thing can be sorted very soon.

Phil 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 4

25 minutes ago, excitedofharpenden said:

Many here will know Azamara ballroom dancers Sasha and Dima from Ukraine and I've been worried about them. I heard from Sasha today and both she and Dima are out of the country, but obviously worried about their families back in Ukraine. I've met Sasha's parents when I visited Kyiv to see them and it's all so desperate and hard to believe. Let's just hope this whole thing can be sorted very soon.

Phil 

Thanks for sharing this news Phil.  Both Dima and Sasha were so proud of their homeland and their families back there.  I hope they all stay safe and this pain is over for them all so soon.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, excitedofharpenden said:

Phil 

Thanks for sharing Phil.

I too have been wondering where they were.

I hope & pray their families and those families of current crew members remain safe.

Trish

• Like 2

Not that it makes much a difference, but in fact I did get a letter directly from Azamara, then about 18 hours later the letter was sent to me from my TA.  Then I called Azamara about postponing final payment on the 27th as was offered to some passengers who are booked on the 29th. She told me I had to call my agent and have them call Azamara to request postponement. So, go figure. 

We were supposed to be in the Black Sea on Oceania in July. So far we've only heard about Odessa being dropped. Costanta and Nessebar are still on the itinerary but can't imagine any cruise ships going into the Black Sea. Will be curious to see how this itinerary is adjusted.

Sending encouragement and strength to the Ukrainian people.

• Like 1

I had no luck having payment extended with my travel agent, and decided it was better to cancel rather than commit to an itinerary which was completely unknown to me.  I am very disappointed that Azamara has not extended final payment for anyone traveling to Russian ports while they finagle itineraries. The cancellation incurred a few fees, which I hope will be reimburseable by my travel insurance. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, DS said:

We are on the 29 June Black Sea voyage.   We did NOT get a email from Azamara, but our TA did.   Perhpas those who booked directly got notice, those who used TA's did not?

Funny, we got the letter and are NOT on a Black Sea cruise

• Like 1

22 hours ago, excitedofharpenden said:

Phil 

Saw on social media they were going to work on SS.so I knew he had to be safe,She is living in bother country for now.

We are on this cruise and got that email and several others.   Of course we will not go to Odessa and the rest of the itinerary is uncertain.   I would much rather the whole cruise be cancelled and a refund given than not actually being able to enter the Black Sea....which is entirely possible given safety concerns.   With Turkey considering closing the Bosphorus and the ship departing from Istanbul.....not sure if even Istanbul is a safe departure port.   They have our $$$ and I guess we'll have to wait and see.