Ability to upgrade Free at Sea Specialty Dining Package - New?

LisaLisa87

I'm sorry if this has already been posted -- or worse -- is old news. I was just looking at the Vacation Summary for my 7-night sailing in late May, and I noticed I have the option to upgrade from 2 specialty dinners to 4 for a reduced price. For Comparison, the price to buy a second 2 meal package would be $106.80. I'd rather get 3 dinners "free" like we used to, but I'll take this slight improvement!

image.png.7f656ed330918527679e1f5d2f83729a.png

Edited by LisaLisa87
clarity
  • Thanks 3

• LisaLisa87 changed the title to Ability to upgrade Free at Sea Specialty Dining Package - New?
10 minutes ago, LisaLisa87 said:

I'm sorry if this has already been posted, or worse -- is old news. I was just looking at the Vacation Summary for my 7-night sailing in late May, and I noticed I have the option to upgrade from 2 specialty dinners to 4 for a reduced price. For Comparison, the price to buy a second 2 meal package would be $106.80. I'd rather get 3 dinners "free" like we used to, but I'll take this slight improvement!

Wow we would have done that last week. The specialties were empty for the most part.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, LisaLisa87 said:

I'm sorry if this has already been posted, or worse -- is old news. I was just looking at the Vacation Summary for my 7-night sailing in late May, and I noticed I have the option to upgrade from 2 specialty dinners to 4 for a reduced price. For Comparison, the price to buy a second 2 meal package would be $106.80. I'd rather get 3 dinners "free" like we used to, but I'll take this slight improvement!

That is worth it (less then even the set price options onboard) and I did not see that last month so I think it may be new.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, LisaLisa87 said:

I'm sorry if this has already been posted -- or worse -- is old news. I was just looking at the Vacation Summary for my 7-night sailing in late May, and I noticed I have the option to upgrade from 2 specialty dinners to 4 for a reduced price. For Comparison, the price to buy a second 2 meal package would be $106.80. I'd rather get 3 dinners "free" like we used to, but I'll take this slight improvement!

Thank you for pointing this out... it doesn't benefit me this time but will definitely be useful going forward.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LisaLisa87 said:

How far out are you from your sailing? I've never seen this before, or heard anyone else mention it, but I'll definitely be looking out for the opportunity. I just checked my reservation (which isn't until September 2022) and the extra specialty dining packages are their regular price. 

3 minutes ago, Shellbelle28 said:

How far out are you from your sailing? I've never seen this before, or heard anyone else mention it, but I'll definitely be looking out for the opportunity. I just checked my reservation (which isn't until September 2022) and the extra specialty dining packages are their regular price. 

We're on the 5/22 Breakaway sailing. I was in the Planner a few days ago (maybe a week?) and didn't see this option. I just paid for it in case they take it away! We like eating at the specialty restaurants, and I had been debating between purchasing additional 2-meal packages or just paying as we go. This option to upgrade made the decision easier!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, LisaLisa87 said:

We like eating at the specialty restaurants, and I had been debating between purchasing additional 2-meal packages or just paying as we go. This option to upgrade made the decision easier!

Especially since NCL recently raised the a la carte prices in many of the specialty restaurants.  There already is a thread on CC with details.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, LisaLisa87 said:

We're on the 5/22 Breakaway sailing. I was in the Planner a few days ago (maybe a week?) and didn't see this option. I just paid for it in case they take it away! We like eating at the specialty restaurants, and I had been debating between purchasing additional 2-meal packages or just paying as we go. This option to upgrade made the decision easier!

We are on May 23 Jewel and I don't see any Speciaty upgrade deal, just the regular price

37 minutes ago, dcassetta said:

This is an option on our 3/13 Bliss sailing

I'm on 3/13 Bliss to Mexico, I don't have such an upgrade offer...am I looking in the wrong place?  both upgrade offers are for internet.  I can buy an additional 2 Meal Specialty Dining Package @ 106 pp, but not an upgrade for $70 pp like the OP's screenshot.

11 minutes ago, n4w said:

I'm on 3/13 Bliss to Mexico, I don't have such an upgrade offer...am I looking in the wrong place?  both upgrade offers are for internet.  I can buy an additional 2 Meal Specialty Dining Package @ 106 pp, but not an upgrade for $70 pp like the OP's screenshot.

I can see it in the section "offer upgrades".

• Like 1

I have that option for both our September Bliss and January Epic sailings.  We are on a CAS upgrade booking, so we only have 1 Specialty (plus the 2 Platinum dinners), but we are booked the Haven, so I'm not sure if it makes sense to add any extra.   For us, the 3 dinners in specialty is enough for a 7 day cruise.

• Like 1

I got this offer as well for my August 2022 Encore Alaska sailing.

Question, if I purchase this now and need to cancel (unforseen circumstances) before final payment, will this be refunded as well? Does it apply if I purchase other upgrades as well?

Thanks!

1 hour ago, LisaLisa87 said:

Thanks, I'll start looking closer at about 3 months out! We usually buy a big enough package to eat at specialty restaurants every night of the cruise, so a discount would definitely be nice! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dcassetta said:

I can see it in the section "offer upgrades".

That's where I see it as well.  It's not under the dining section where they show the packages... go to your "vacation summary" area and scroll down.

• Like 1

Thanks for posting.  We are booked in a balcony stateroom on the Bliss for May 21, 2022 and this dining upgrade offer now appears on our booking.  We won't be using it since we are Sapphire and already have four specialty dining booked but are hope it will continue to be available as we would surely use it for a longer cruise.

• Like 2

I am also on the May 22nd Breakaway and I do not have this offer, only wifi and premium plus beverage package.  I also do not have it on my September 2023 Escape cruise.

Maybe it has to do with the date you booked your cabin.  

8 minutes ago, RRSeeker said:

I am also on the May 22nd Breakaway and I do not have this offer, only wifi and premium plus beverage package.  I also do not have it on my September 2023 Escape cruise.

Maybe it has to do with the date you booked your cabin.  

Interesting. We have a FCC that we’ve been rolling over since April 2020. We decided relatively recently, on February 8th, to apply it to this sailing. The offer to upgrade the SDP didn’t show up until a few days ago, though.