Replacement port for St. Petersburg

Radbooks

I was looking at my actual booking on the website this evening and noticed that Klaipeda, Lithuania and a sea day has been exchanged for the two days in St. Petersburg. I haven't gotten a letter or anything and if you look up the cruise it still shows the Russian port but it appears that's the change for my July 6th cruise on the N. Statendam.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We also just got notification for our May Rotterdam cruise that our overnight in St. Petersburg has been replaced by Riga, Latvia and an overnight in Stockholm. Disappointed a bit about not getting to St. Petersburg but very understandable given the circumstances. Still very excited about going as it is our first visit to the region.

• Like 2

I got an email shortly after midnight today noting the changes to our June 10 Baltic cruise. Totally understand the situation and agree, but st Petersburg is the primary reason I booked this cruise, first in 2020, then 2021 and finally for 2022. The cancellation of st Petersburg, in addition to the current covid testing requirements and potential of shipboard quarantine after traveling to europe and spending so much money is resulting in our reluctantly cancelling this cruise. Truthfully, even without the current Russia situation, I was hesitant to risk quarantine so far from home. And yes, I'm fully vaxxed and boosted, and wear a mask in public indoor spaces. I don't think I'd have the same hesitancy if we were traveling domestically.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Kris75 said:

We also just got notification for our May Rotterdam cruise that our overnight in St. Petersburg has been replaced by Riga, Latvia and an overnight in Stockholm. Disappointed a bit about not getting to St. Petersburg but very understandable given the circumstances. Still very excited about going as it is our first visit to the region.

Stockholm was the one port on our Baltic cruise in which there seemed to be so much more to do than the time we had in port. An overnight there would have been wonderful. Enjoy it!

• Like 6

2 hours ago, ontheweb said:

Stockholm was the one port on our Baltic cruise in which there seemed to be so much more to do than the time we had in port. An overnight there would have been wonderful. Enjoy it!

I'm excited about this, too.  On our Baltic cruise, we only had until 1 pm for Stockholm.  An overnight is just what we've been hoping to see.  

We'd gladly go back to the region to see more of Finland, too.  It's a beautiful part of the world.  The heck with St. Petersburg.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, AncientWanderer said:

I'm excited about this, too.  On our Baltic cruise, we only had until 1 pm for Stockholm.  An overnight is just what we've been hoping to see.  

We'd gladly go back to the region to see more of Finland, too.  It's a beautiful part of the world.  The heck with St. Petersburg.

Only 1 PM, wow, I remember ours as 2:30, and we did not even have adequate time for the few out of many possible attractions we picked. Actually, I think our 2:30 was in reality 2:00 as that was when the last tender left.

5 hours ago, Kris75 said:

I will be on the Rotterdam for the October sailing. I feel disappointed, as well, that I won't be seeing the wonders of St. Petersburg, but place the blame squarely with Putin. I hope that the entire region will be safe for travel in October and before.

• Like 1

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/26935-holland-america-line-makes-baltic-itinerary-changes.html

Holland America Line Makes Baltic Itinerary Changes

Mar 04, 2022Nieuw Statendam

In light of the recent attacks by Russia in Ukraine, Holland America Line is modifying six cruise itineraries that were originally scheduled to visit Russian ports this year, the company said.

"We stand for peace and our thoughts are with those who are in harm’s way," the company said, in a press release. 

Replacement ports vary by itinerary, and the five sailings that would have visited Saint Petersburg, Russia, will instead call on Baltic ports such as Riga, Latvia; Klaipeda, Lithuania; and Visby, Sweden, while also adding an overnight stay in Stockholm, Sweden.

The cruise that was scheduled to visit Vladivostok, Russia, will instead visit Busan (Pusan), South Korea.

Booked guests and their travel advisors will receive notice of the changes as soon as that process is complete.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Copper10-8 said:

Replacement ports vary by itinerary, and the five sailings that would have visited Saint Petersburg, Russia, will instead call on Baltic ports such as Riga, Latvia; Klaipeda, Lithuania; and Visby, Sweden, while also adding an overnight stay in Stockholm, Sweden.

This is positive news as far as I am concerned.  I have wondered for some time why ports in Lithuania and Latvia have not been visited.  No doubt that Estonia is a worthy country to visit, but, these other Baltic nations are equally worthy of port visits.  Two days in Stockholm?  Three days would not be one day too long.  

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Kris75 said:

…an overnight in Stockholm….Still very excited about going as it is our first visit to the region.

Stockholm is lovely! The Vasa Museum is a sight to behold. Our sail-away from Stockholm through the archipelago was oh-so beautiful. Best wishes!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, rkacruiser said:

This is positive news as far as I am concerned.  I have wondered for some time why ports in Lithuania and Latvia have not been visited.  No doubt that Estonia is a worthy country to visit, but, these other Baltic nations are equally worthy of port visits.  Two days in Stockholm?  Three days would not be one day too long.  

Yes on all that! Been to Tallinn, Estonia, great city! Never to Latvia and/or Lithuania, no doubt also worth a visit. Plus, Stockholm; the ride in and out alone is worth the price of admission! One of the prettiest rides ever!  😉

• Like 9

"Replacement ports vary by itinerary, and the five sailings that would have visited Saint Petersburg, Russia, will instead call on Baltic ports such as Riga, Latvia; Klaipeda, Lithuania; and Visby, Sweden, while also adding an overnight stay in Stockholm, Sweden".

Visby, Sweden is a lovely little town and very walkable.  We had a port stop there on the Maasdam 20+ years ago and were tendered into the port.  

• Thanks 1

On 3/4/2022 at 8:41 PM, syesmar said:

Stockholm is lovely! The Vasa Museum is a sight to behold. Our sail-away from Stockholm through the archipelago was oh-so beautiful. Best wishes!

Agree.  Stockholm is wonderful as was the sail-away.  We were fortunate we were able to check in and spend overnight on the ship and the next day. I am told by friends that Lithuania is worth visiting and I look forward to that someday but just not right now.

• Like 1