How long is quarantine?

Blossom3

4 of 8 Celebrity ships currently with passengers are in Green status (no documented COVID at all). It would be safe to assume Celebrity is taking the more conservative approach for the time being.

Discontinuation of Isolation for Travelers (Crew and Passengers)

• To calculate the traveler’s isolation period, day 0 is their first day of symptoms or the day of their positive viral test if asymptomatic.
  • Isolation may be discontinued for symptomatic travelers with suspected or confirmed COVID-19 after 10 days from symptom onset, if they are fever-free for 24 hours without the use of fever-reducing medication and their other symptoms have improved (loss of taste and smell may persist for weeks or months after recovery and need not delay the end of isolation). Isolation may be discontinued for asymptomatic travelers with confirmed COVID-19 after 10 days from their first positive viral test.
  • Alternatively, at the cruise ship operator’s discretion, isolation may be discontinued for:
    • symptomatic travelers with suspected or confirmed COVID-19 after 5 days from symptom onset, if:
      • they are fever-free for 24 hours without the use of fever-reducing medication and their other symptoms have improved (loss of taste and smell may persist for weeks or months after recovery and need not delay the end of isolation), and
      • they have two negative antigen [12] tests collected at least 24 hours and no more than 48 hours between tests.
        • If either test result is positive, traveler should continue to isolate for a full 10 days.
        • If both test results are negative, travelers can end isolation, but must continue to properly wear a well-fitting mask when outside of cabin (indoors and outdoors) during days 6-10. During this time, these individuals must have in-cabin dining and also wear a well-fitting mask inside their cabin if any other person (e.g., a crew member) enters the cabin.
    • asymptomatic travelers with confirmed COVID-19 after 5 days from date of first positive test, if:
      • they have two negative antigen tests collected at least 24 hours and no more than 48 hours between tests.
        • If either test result is positive, traveler should continue to isolate for a full 10 days.
        • If both test results are negative, travelers can end isolation, but must continue to properly wear a well-fitting mask when outside of cabin (indoors and outdoors) during days 6-10. During this time, these individuals must have in-cabin dining and also wear a well-fitting mask inside their cabin if any other person (e.g., a crew member) enters the cabin.
Edited by Jeremiah1212

1 minute ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

4 of 8 Celebrity ships currently with passengers are in Green status (no COVID at all). It would be safe to assume Celebrity is taking the more conservative approach for the time being.

Discontinuation of Isolation for Travelers (Crew and Passengers)

• To calculate the traveler’s isolation period, day 0 is their first day of symptoms or the day of their positive viral test if asymptomatic.
  • Isolation may be discontinued for symptomatic travelers with suspected or confirmed COVID-19 after 10 days from symptom onset, if they are fever-free for 24 hours without the use of fever-reducing medication and their other symptoms have improved (loss of taste and smell may persist for weeks or months after recovery and need not delay the end of isolation). Isolation may be discontinued for asymptomatic travelers with confirmed COVID-19 after 10 days from their first positive viral test.
  • Alternatively, at the cruise ship operator’s discretion, isolation may be discontinued for:
    • symptomatic travelers with suspected or confirmed COVID-19 after 5 days from symptom onset, if:
      • they are fever-free for 24 hours without the use of fever-reducing medication and their other symptoms have improved (loss of taste and smell may persist for weeks or months after recovery and need not delay the end of isolation), and
      • they have two negative antigen [12] tests collected at least 24 hours and no more than 48 hours between tests.
        • If both test results are negative, travelers can end isolation, but must continue to properly wear a well-fitting mask when outside of cabin (indoors and outdoors) during days 6-10. During this time, these individuals must have in-cabin dining and also wear a well-fitting mask inside their cabin if any other person (e.g., a crew member) enters the cabin.
    • asymptomatic travelers with confirmed COVID-19 after 5 days from date of first positive test, if:
      • they have two negative antigen tests collected at least 24 hours and no more than 48 hours between tests.
        • If both test results are negative, travelers can end isolation, but must continue to properly wear a well-fitting mask when outside of cabin (indoors and outdoors) during days 6-10. During this time, these individuals must have in-cabin dining and also wear a well-fitting mask inside their cabin if any other person (e.g., a crew member) enters the cabin.

Thank you, that is a bit more encouraging.

1 hour ago, Blossom3 said:

That would be harsh for a world cruise!

For clarity, a World Cruise is not considered a single Cruise but 4-5 consecutive cruises.  

My fear would not be the quarantine as much as the requirement that you can't sail on the next cruise if tested positive or contact traced.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

For clarity, a World Cruise is not considered a single Cruise but 4-5 consecutive cruises.  

My fear would not be the quarantine as much as the requirement that you can't sail on the next cruise if tested positive or contact traced.

And that is what would happen.  You would not be allowed to continue. Currently, back to back passengers who test positive on the first cruise are not able to go on to the second cruise.  

19 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

I would expect that to change shortly, if not already changed. As of this week Royal Caribbean will now accept a Certificate of Recovery under certain conditions. Celebrity hasn't updated yet. If you were clear of the isolation period on the first segment and continue to test negative, I don't see this making much sense. 

1 hour ago, cruisestitch said:

And that is what would happen.  You would not be allowed to continue. Currently, back to back passengers who test positive on the first cruise are not able to go on to the second cruise.  

All indications I have had from Celebrity is that you would be able to re-board once you can answer the question have you tested positive or been in contact with someone how tested positive in the previous 14 days.  So may be possible to rejoin the cruise after skipping a segment. 

43 minutes ago, 39august said:

Jeremiah, which X ships are currently green, please?

Updated as of this morning...

Edge, Millennium and Reflection are Green (No documented COVID)

Apex and Constellation are Yellow (less than .3% of crew + pax)

Equinox, Silhouette and Summit are Orange (more than .3% of crew+ pax)

42 minutes ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

Updated as of this morning...

Edge, Millennium and Reflection are Green (No documented COVID)

Apex and Constellation are Yellow (less than .3% of crew + pax)

Equinox, Silhouette and Summit are Orange (more than .3% of crew+ pax)

Only a US Government agency can come up with a color coding system for cruise ship status, then on the online dashboard, use the words "Green", "Yellow", "Orange", and "Red", instead of the actual colors themselves.

color status.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I don't see this current quarantine set-up lasting much longer with all the other rollbacks in Covid protocols happening. The cruise lines are going to want to go back to being able to achieve full capacity so I think we may soon see a change to quarantining passengers in their own cabins as opposed to everyone moving to a specific deck; that's what they do with noro cases. The only thing though is that cabin mates may now be required to quarantine along with the person who tested positive for the full length of time which is not the case currently.

For me it was until we returned to Tampa - 6 full days in quarantine with no opportunity to rejoin the cruise (it was an 11 night sailing).  Also we were B2B so the second leg was cancelled as even with negative tests we could not continue on the trip due to health restrictions.  

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, WonderMan3 said:

I don't see this current quarantine set-up lasting much longer with all the other rollbacks in Covid protocols happening. The cruise lines are going to want to go back to being able to achieve full capacity so I think we may soon see a change to quarantining passengers in their own cabins as opposed to everyone moving to a specific deck; that's what they do with noro cases. The only thing though is that cabin mates may now be required to quarantine along with the person who tested positive for the full length of time which is not the case currently.

Hope this will be the case by June for our Reflection cruise from Civitaveccia. Are they still requiring contacts to isolate? For example if you happened to be on the same shore excursion bus. 

18 hours ago, SbbquilterUT said:

For me it was until we returned to Tampa - 6 full days in quarantine with no opportunity to rejoin the cruise (it was an 11 night sailing).  Also we were B2B so the second leg was cancelled as even with negative tests we could not continue on the trip due to health restrictions.  

Which sailing were you on?

We were on the eleven night that departed on 2/14/22.

Although the Constellation is shown as yellow on the CDC website, I believe there was a much higher unreported rate onboard.

We were scheduled to disembark on Friday, 2/25. On Thursday my throat started to be scratchy and I was coughing on Friday morning.

We were off the ship at 8 AM, drove an hour home, and I did a Covid test. It took about ten seconds to be positive.  My husband started with symptoms later that day and was also positive.

We both had very mild cases (no need for any type of OTC meds) and had the symptoms gone in 2-3 days.

So we are two unreported cases from the 2/14 sailing of the Constellation.

7 hours ago, Homosassa said:

Which sailing were you on?

We were on the eleven night that departed on 2/14/22.

Although the Constellation is shown as yellow on the CDC website, I believe there was a much higher unreported rate onboard.

We were scheduled to disembark on Friday, 2/25. On Thursday my throat started to be scratchy and I was coughing on Friday morning.

We were off the ship at 8 AM, drove an hour home, and I did a Covid test. It took about ten seconds to be positive.  My husband started with symptoms later that day and was also positive.

We both had very mild cases (no need for any type of OTC meds) and had the symptoms gone in 2-3 days.

So we are two unreported cases from the 2/14 sailing of the Constellation.

We sailed 1/24 and enjoyed 5 lovely days until I woke up feeling poorly.  They had announced cases on day 3,4 and 5 and we were very cautious.  When I entered the closed deck 7 it was apparent that there were a number of onboarding staff in quarantine then several passengers in cabins near me on deck 7 forward.  

On 3/10/2022 at 1:56 PM, RichYak said:

Only a US Government agency can come up with a color coding system for cruise ship status, then on the online dashboard, use the words "Green", "Yellow", "Orange", and "Red", instead of the actual colors themselves.

color status.JPG

Yes, government agencies tend to be aware of and sensitive to the fact that there are color blind persons who might have occasion to view their websites. And they even anticipate that some persons may even be using B&W screens. Go figure, an organization that tries not to exclude persons.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, GottaKnowWhen said:

Yes, government agencies tend to be aware of and sensitive to the fact that there are color blind persons who might have occasion to view their websites. And they even anticipate that some persons may even be using B&W screens. Go figure, an organization that tries not to exclude persons.

Nonsense. It they were that aware, they wouldn't have used colors as the identifying categories. If they were competent, they would display the color in addition to the text. And B&W computer monitors? Really?