Vines Wine flights

Marronnier

I have seen reference to wine flights being served in Vines. We will be on the Sky Princess in April and would like to know if the wine flights will be available and if they are included in the drinks package. 

Are the flights set or can you select your own? Do they feature on Vines' menu?

I would be most grateful for any information you can offer

30 minutes ago, Marronnier said:

I have seen reference to wine flights being served in Vines. We will be on the Sky Princess in April and would like to know if the wine flights will be available and if they are included in the drinks package. 

Are the flights set or can you select your own? Do they feature on Vines' menu?

I would be most grateful for any information you can offer

Yes, wine flights are available on the menu in Vines.  You do not select your own though.  They have reds, whites, and champagne.  They are covered in the drink package.

57 minutes ago, Coffeeluvr05 said:

Yes, wine flights are available on the menu in Vines.  You do not select your own though.  They have reds, whites, and champagne.  They are covered in the drink package.

Some of the flights may require a $1 or $2 upcharge depending on the flight itself but in general the flights are very close to the package price limits.  They are fantastic and a great way to discover new wines you might never taste.

Cheers

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, GonzoWCS said:

Some of the flights may require a $1 or $2 upcharge depending on the flight itself but in general the flights are very close to the package price limits.  They are fantastic and a great way to discover new wines you might never taste.

Cheers

Thanks Gonzo.

Do they only charge the difference in the the price of the flight and the $12 limit on the Premium Beverage Package, or do they charge the full price of the flight?

25 minutes ago, Marronnier said:

Thanks Gonzo.

Do they only charge the difference in the the price of the flight and the $12 limit on the Premium Beverage Package, or do they charge the full price of the flight?

Difference plus 18%. So a $14 price you will be charged $2 + 18% or $2.36.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cruise Raider said:

We've been able to swap out one of the wines we know we don't care for in exchange for one we liked from a different flight.  They are very flexible and it's a great way to try different wines.  

Never tried that.  We have had so much fun experimenting! 

Cheers

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, GonzoWCS said:

Never tried that.  We have had so much fun experimenting! 

Cheers

I think we tried each and every one of them at least once ... so the next time, we knew which ones we really liked and asked if we could do a simple switch to another one from a different flight.  We just said to charge us for the more expensive flight.  It was a fun way to have a great glass of wine.  We tried them paired with different snacks.  One of my favorite memories of recent cruises. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Thrak said:

What size are the pours in the flights?  Obviously they are samples - I'm just wondering if they make a decent tasting.

3/4 of a normal glass, 3 Glasses.  Plenty to share with some good bites 

Cheers

3 minutes ago, GonzoWCS said:

3/4 of a normal glass, 3 Glasses.  Plenty to share with some good bites 

Cheers

Many thanks!  We (hopefully) sail May 2nd and always like to spend time in Vines. We've never done the flights but will likely do so on this cruise. Dang it's been way too long since we could sit in Vines and relax with a nice glass of wine and maybe a bit of a nosh.

• Like 2

On 3/11/2022 at 12:43 PM, skynight said:

Difference plus 18%. So a $14 price you will be charged $2 + 18% or $2.36.

On the Emerald Princess we were charged a $1 or $2 up charge for a couple of items, but those were the charged prices- no additional tip added. 

• Like 1

So when I was on the majestic in October, they told me no wine flights due to covid.  Has that changed? Hopefully, yes.  Seriously do not understand how covid would impact selling a wine flight…..

3 hours ago, dhanakorn said:

“Beautiful Bubbles” wine flight. Although the amount of wine in each glass is less than the normal pour, if you combine all three glasses you’d get more wine than a single order. 

A2B7A165-F00D-4A66-A464-006417C55F6F.thumb.jpeg.016cd2725b30200ccde7e2eb0a1e9df4.jpeg

Ohh Heck yes!!!

Cheers