Captains Club Specialty Dining Discount - How to book reservations?

Islander500

Hello all,

It's been a while so I have forgotten many of the Celebrity processes, as apparently have their own staff, so please help if you can. 

Let's say you are entitled to a specialty dining discounts (due to your Captain's Club level) and want to book several specialty reservations in advance of boarding.  However, the website doesn't apply the discount, and instead charges you the full price.   

If you go ahead and book to get your desired time, will Celebrity grant you a refund (to OBC) for the discounts after you board?   

Even though I started with Captain's Club, I am on the phone with the fifth person I've been transferred to get that question answered.  🙄

Thanks much! 

The Terms say this (https://www.celebritycruises.com/captains-club/enroll#Terms😞

Pre-sailing Specialty Restaurant Reservations

You can make dinner reservations for a Specialty Restaurant anywhere from 60 days to 4 days prior to your sailing date when booking a cruise on any Celebrity ship except Galapagos voyages. You can make your reservation online via our dining reservation tool. Proper attire is required. View our Onboard Dress Code here.

Pre-sailing specialty restaurant reservations available through Captain's Club desk

Benefit does not apply to specialty dining packages

So it looks like you have to go through the Captain's Club, and it sounds like that's where you started ... so this answer may be of little help as they don't seem to know.

I was told that your book the reservations at the regular price and then when you are on the ship the MaitreD will adjust the charge  and you will be credited the amount of the discount.  

We did that on a February cruise and it worked fine.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We also booked ahead of time and the maitre d adjusted the bill, although frankly there was a lot of confusion about it.  But in the end, it was adjusted and we paid the discounted price.  Unfortunate that their online system can't adjust for this - it would not be all that hard to program.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cruisestitch said:

Like everyone says.  You book a spot and a time, the discount is applied to the bill when the meal is over.

BUT....from my past experience you have to mention/remind them to apply the discount. It’s not automatic. Has that been other’s experiences?

9 hours ago, BEAV said:

BUT....from my past experience you have to mention/remind them to apply the discount. It’s not automatic. Has that been other’s experiences?

Yes. We tell them when we arrive and they apply the discount and refund that amount to our account.

I was pleasantly surprised when the benefit was automatically applied to my wonderful lunch at Le Grand Bistro while onboard Edge earlier this month. 

Lucky for me, as I am Elite+ and had totally forgotten about the benefit. A great lunch and one I'd highly recommend so it was win-win all around. 👍😊

Edited by red919
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, phoenix_dream said:

We also booked ahead of time and the maitre d adjusted the bill, although frankly there was a lot of confusion about it.  But in the end, it was adjusted and we paid the discounted price.  Unfortunate that their online system can't adjust for this - it would not be all that hard to program.

Indeed. The beverage package upgrade should also be automatically discounted. I can't order online unless I am logged in. If i'm logged in, my Captain's Club number is clearly attatched. Any level-linked discounts ought to be automatic. In fact, if they showed the discounted prices for those logged in, it might actually increase sales. It happens automatically on plenty of websites, why not on X?

17 hours ago, phoenix_dream said:

There are a lot of things about Celebrity's IT system which would be easy to fix.  But I don't see them fixing them.  Apparently, it's not a priority for Celebrity.  For example, when I book a cabin as a single, I have to pay for two sets of gratuities, two drink packages, and two internet packages.  The two sets of gratuities is not a problem to me, would not want the crew to be penalized because I'm sailing solo.  But there is no way I can use two drink packages or two internet packages.

• Like 3

Thanks all.  I was finally told after long holds and 5 different transfers, that I should go the main Customer Service desk on-board to ask for the discount to be applied.

Of course, I'm now laughing because it appears from all of your experiences, that it's handled directly at the specialty restaurants, either automatically or not. Next time, I'll just post here and skip the phone call. 🥰      

• Like 1