Confused about Easy Plus and frozen drinks (Divina)

Elkins45

If you look on the MSC website there’s a drinks package page that says explicitly frozen drinks are part of the Easy Plus package. There’s also a very detailed comparison document between all the different packages and it says frozen drinks are not included.

Does anyone have experience with ordering stuff like frozen margaritas a or Blue Hawaiian on the Easy Plus package? I’m not much of a drinker but since I paid for the drinks package I wouldn’t mind trying some of the fancy ones so long as I don’t have to pay extra for them.

On 4/8/2022 at 7:46 AM, Vegasgreg19 said:

Just got off the Divina and yes the frozen drinks are included. In fact, the Blue Hawaii became our favorite drink while on board! Of course be sure you get a Frozen Toblerone...those were pretty good too!

Did they offer you the ability to upgrade to premium since it was a short sailing? If so, any idea on cost?

Cruised on Divina 11/14/2021 with Easy plus package and had a frozen mudslide everyday without any extra charge to our account. 

I did notice that the servers weren’t really concerned with what package we had especially in the MDR. Whatever we ordered we received and never saw a charge for anything. 

• Like 1

On 4/18/2022 at 10:56 AM, doones2 said:

Is there any place on the ship that the Easy Plus package can’t be used?Such as your cabin.

You can bring a drink back to your cabin from any bar, but there is no room service for drinks.

Is there any place on the ship that the Easy Plus package can’t be used?Such as your cabin.

The Easy Plus Package can be enjoyed in all bars, the buffets, main restaurant and specialty restaurants, Ocean Cay and other exclusive destinations.
Does not apply to our signature venues including Venchi 1878 establishments, Lavazza Coffee Shop and Jean Philippe Chocolate, Coffee, Crepes & Gelato.

• Like 1

On 4/17/2022 at 3:47 PM, U4icmusic said:

I am confused by this chart. The Easy Plus package includes drinks up to $9, but the frozen drinks are all $10, as far as I can see. Which one is correct?

There are the "upscale frozen drinks" and then there are the regular ones that are covered by the Easy Plus package. We had several of each one! Here is a shot of those:

Drinks.jpg

On 4/22/2022 at 8:18 AM, Vegasgreg19 said:

There are the "upscale frozen drinks" and then there are the regular ones that are covered by the Easy Plus package. We had several of each one! Here is a shot of those:

Drinks.jpg

Thanks so much. If you order over the $9 max, then you have to pay for the drink, right? MSC doesn't charge you for the difference in price over $9, they charge for the entire price, is what I'm understanding.

46 minutes ago, U4icmusic said:

Thanks so much. If you order over the $9 max, then you have to pay for the drink, right? MSC doesn't charge you for the difference in price over $9, they charge for the entire price, is what I'm understanding.

True,  A $10 drink would cost you $11.50 with the automatic 15 service charge.

• Like 1

On 4/1/2022 at 12:39 AM, cruiseguyinorl said:

It's still showing Frozen Drinks on their chart on their website. It's the second chart down.

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/on-board/dining-drinks/drink-comparison-chart

This is the 2021 chart.  Need to look at the chart for this year, I believe.  At the very least, with Easy Plus, you can order a non-alcoholic frozen drink and order a shot on the side.

8 hours ago, JAGR said:

This is the 2021 chart.  Need to look at the chart for this year, I believe.  At the very least, with Easy Plus, you can order a non-alcoholic frozen drink and order a shot on the side.

If you scroll down, the second chart is for winter 2021 and later, so I'm assuming that chart is still in effect.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

The package doesn’t work at Specialty Mexican Restaurant.

16 hours ago, Vegaswoman said:

The package doesn’t work at Specialty Mexican Restaurant.

Way to revive a years-old thread with COMPLETELY outdated information.  For what it's worth, Easy Plus will cover the classic margarita and shots up to $10 in Hola! I have done it many times in the past year since the Easy Plus package was updated to cover drinks up to $10. However, unlike other bars onboard, you cannot order something over $10 and simply pay the difference. If you order a flavored or frozen margarita at Hola!, you will have to pay the full price.