Ft Lauderdale cruise port docs

dockman

I seem to recall they used to require u to show your cruise confirmation to enter the port,,,  is this still the case?

If required is it ok to just show the confirmation on your phone or do u have to print it all out?

thanks

6 minutes ago, dockman said:

I seem to recall they used to require u to show your cruise confirmation to enter the port,,,  is this still the case?

If required is it ok to just show the confirmation on your phone or do u have to print it all out?

thanks

At the end of January this year, all we had to do was show our passports or other ID at the Sheriff's security check point.  They never asked for proof we were actually booked on a cruise.

36 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

At the end of January this year, all we had to do was show our passports or other ID at the Sheriff's security check point.  They never asked for proof we were actually booked on a cruise.

thanks..i put it all on my phone just in case but just don't want to mess with all that paper and don't have a printer at home anyway

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dockman said:

thanks..i put it all on my phone just in case but just don't want to mess with all that paper and don't have a printer at home anyway

You still require the original passport for travel. If a gov't issued photo ID is required for anything will a phone copy be accepted?

35 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

You do not have to be going on a cruise to enter PE.  You could be picking someone up, etc.

Pre Covid, the Sheriffs wanted to see your booking confirmation to enter.  Most of the time, we were arriving on a hotel shuttle anyway and we were just waived through.  This year, they definitely wanted photo ID to enter the port area.

1 minute ago, skynight said:

You still require the original passport for travel. If a gov't issued photo ID is required for anything will a phone copy be accepted?

I think what @dockman meant was that the cruise booking info would be on the phone.  They would still need the passports or photo ID to board the ship anyway.

We have sailed out of Port Everglades 3 times since Thanksgiving and a drivers license was all that was needed at the checkpoint on Eller drive as you enter the port coming off I-595.

Edited by MISTER 67
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, MissP22 said:

There are no checkpoints to enter the port near terminal 2 or 4 on foot OR BY VEHICLE. It's been moved some time ago. 

Approach Port Everglades via Eisenhower Avenue (which intersects with 17th Street where lots of nearby hotels, restaurants, and stores are located) and the left turn for the Heron Garage is before the security checkpoint.  If entering from Eller Drive or Route 84/Spangler Blvd you need to go thru the appropriate checkpoint where anyone 18 and over must show government issued ID, drive through the port, and then exit (no stopping) at the Eisenhower Avenue checkpoint just south of terminals 2 and 4.

https://assets.simpleviewinc.com/simpleview/image/upload/v1/clients/porteverglades/Port_Map_Updated_March_8_2021_ENG_mech_1ce7de69-23d3-491e-abf8-d71f82a1a04b.pdf

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, FlaMariner said:

We arrived at Port Everglades via Uber driver on 3/12 and there was no check of any kind to get inside the port area. 

What terminal did you depart from?  If it was terminal 2 (Princess) or 4 (often Princess but other lines use it too) and you entered from 17th Street to Eisenhower Blvd you didn't pass a checkpoint.  This is intentional - the Heron garage will be used by visitors to the new Convention Center Complex that is under construction and needs to be easily accessible by the public.

As noted above, the Eisenhower Blvd checkpoint was moved from before the garage to past it a number of years ago.  The 3 port security checkpoints are there primarily because of the container  ships and the petroleum storage tanks.   

4 minutes ago, capriccio said:

What terminal did you depart from?  If it was terminal 2 (Princess) or 4 (often Princess but other lines use it too) and you entered from 17th Street to Eisenhower Blvd you didn't pass a checkpoint.  This is intentional - the Heron garage will be used by visitors to the new Convention Center Complex that is under construction and needs to be easily accessible by the public.

As noted above, the Eisenhower Blvd checkpoint was moved from before the garage to past it a number of years ago.  The 3 port security checkpoints are there primarily because of the container  ships and the petroleum storage tanks.   

We entered from 17th street to term 2 via Eisenhower Blvd. A few years ago they wouldn't even let you enter walking as I found our when returning with an drivers license. 

16 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

We entered from 17th street to term 2 via Eisenhower Blvd. A few years ago they wouldn't even let you enter walking as I found our when returning with an drivers license. 

I can remember being backed up to 17th St on more than one winter (high season) weekend departure because of the security backlog.  The effect of moving the checkpoint a few hundred feet further south was welcomed.

58 minutes ago, deliver42 said:

The checking and long lines is the reason I don't like FLL, however, if you are at a hgotel, and use their shuttle, you go in without showing anything. I don't get it. I've done this several times now.

I entered the first time in a shuttle van and 2 other times waking. No check any time from 17th street.