I Have Covid

MsSoCalCruiser

3 hours ago, Daniel A said:

I sailed Regal in January and there were KN95s in the cabin on arrival.  Our steward also told us to let him know if we wanted more.  I'm wondering, did you ask anyone and was told they weren't available at all?

I did not because we choose not to wear masks , except when required, and we had masks with us for that.  I was just surprised as it was advertized that they were provided.  Also no blue Princess bag; again I didn't care as I have multiples of them and they are cheap and not very useful.

Edited by Nebr.cruiser

53 minutes ago, Nebr.cruiser said:

I did not because we choose not to wear masks , except when required, and we had masks with us for that.  I was just surprised as it was advertized that they were provided.  Also no blue Princess bag; again I didn't care as I have multiples of them and they are cheap and not very useful.

My SIL was on the same sailing as us and did not find the flimsy blue bags in her cabin either.  When she saw the blue bags in our cabin, she asked the steward about it and two bags were in her cabin later that day.  I think they may be trying to keep costs down by not putting things in cabins that passengers just throw away.  I guess the lesson is that things may be available, but one needs to request it.  Good thing to keep in mind for our next cruise.  🙂 

1 hour ago, Nebr.cruiser said:

Also no blue Princess bag; again I didn't care as I have multiples of them and they are cheap and not very useful.

We had two bags in both cabins on our B2B Discovery cruises (3/27-4/10) so maybe it’s ths cabin attendant who decides about providing them.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

We had two bags in both cabins on our B2B Discovery cruises (3/27-4/10) so maybe it’s ths cabin attendant who decides about providing them.

Mine was hidden in my closet. I would not have noticed it unless someone had mentioned where to look.

• Like 3

We've never gotten two bags. We've gotten one bag per cruise. We tend to use them for grocery bags. They're not real sturdy though and I've had a couple rip or had the handle tear off.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, tuckerboxbill said:

We just got off the Ruby from Hawaii and like MANY others have COVID. From day 1, buffet was self service, NO handwashing stations (water and soap) just a purel machine that hardly any one used and was not enforced at all. Hardly any masks and people jamming the elevators.  As a a sample, people in the rollcall have estimated around 20-25% so far of the 85 people registered have reported COVID. This sounds like a superspreader cruise. Shame on Princess for relaxing the rules when the latest, VERY contagious variant is spreading.

It does sound that way!  I don't know how that ship isn't in RED by now?

Except so many more are testing Positive when they get back home!🤒

Edited by CalLuvsCrusingToo
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, CruzDayz said:

Good morning,  I sure hope that you are getting stronger every day. You may have missed my post #24 wondering if you friend got it too, or I may have missed your answer. We are just arriving in PV.

Take care and have a fast recovery. We are all pulling for you to bounce back fast.   😊

4DDEAF18-6CFC-4154-904C-6F7AE6DBB446.jpeg

I’m sorry, I thought I answered you but the way I’m feeling I’m sure I just thought about answering. My friend has no symptoms and she has tested negative at this time. We are truly blessed that she is negative because we were both in the same inside cabin together for the B2B.

Thank you for the photo, it’s beautiful. Thank you for thinking of me; I really appreciate it. Enjoy your cruise! We loved ours!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

We had on left in our cabin but I asked for another one because I failed to put several items in the suitcase that I left in the hallway.  The Princess bag worked just fine. 🤣

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Daniel A said:

My SIL was on the same sailing as us and did not find the flimsy blue bags in her cabin either.  When she saw the blue bags in our cabin, she asked the steward about it and two bags were in her cabin later that day.  I think they may be trying to keep costs down by not putting things in cabins that passengers just throw away.  I guess the lesson is that things may be available, but one needs to request it.  Good thing to keep in mind for our next cruise.  🙂 

I never throw mine away.  I use them for shopping and taking stuff to the beach. 😊

• Like 2

11 hours ago, geocruiser said:

Just read the roll call thread for Ruby March 27 cruise.  They have been keeping tabs of how many of them report back that they now have Covid.  Post 740 states it is about 29% of them have covid!

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2758384-roll-call-san-francisco-to-hawaii-march-27-2022/page/30/#comments

Oh, this is terrible.  Thank you so much for sharing this.  I pray that everyone gets well soon.  

• Like 2

On 4/12/2022 at 9:24 PM, antsp said:

Is certainly not the same as Covid in 2020. It's a lot less severe, plus you are vaccinated 

No, it is not the same but some people still have severe symptoms.  I have been to the ER twice in 4 days.  It’s definitely not like a cold for some of us.  I am fully vaccinated and boosted. Thank goodness I am because I think it would have been major trouble if I wasn’t.  This really stinks.  I pray that everyone gets well soon.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

I’m sorry, I thought I answered you but the way I’m feeling I’m sure I just thought about answering. My friend has no symptoms and she has tested negative at this time. We are truly blessed that she is negative because we were both in the same inside cabin together for the B2B.

Thank you for the photo, it’s beautiful. Thank you for thinking of me; I really appreciate it. Enjoy your cruise! We loved ours!

I’m glad your friend is testing negative.  I just am wondering why the difference!  All speculation on who catches what…when…and how.  Are some more immune or more receptive?  So strange.  I hope you continue to improve.  Sending healing thoughts. 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

I’m glad your friend is testing negative.  I just am wondering why the difference!  All speculation on who catches what…when…and how.  Are some more immune or more receptive?  So strange.  I hope you continue to improve.  Sending healing thoughts. 

Thank you! I am so thankful that she is testing negative. Unfortunately, I’m one of those that if something is going to happen then it will happen to me, ha ha. I had a chunk of my lung removed a few years ago because somehow, somewhere I had inhaled a bacteria and it went into my lung. Something that is super rare.  I also have a rare allergy called FPIES… Why can’t I just win the lottery?  😊😊😊

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

Thanks for getting back to me. I knew that you had been too sick to answer earlier.  I hope that you wake up stronger today, and I’m so glad  that your friend is ok. 
I’m having a great cruise, but I’m eating way too much. I walked around mazatlan and PV so that helped a little. I just love a good buffet and this one gets better every day. I don’t like eating alone in the dining room so I’m glad that the buffet is so much better than the Majestic. 
Hang in there, everyone looks forward to your positive posts on Cruise Critic. 😊

I am taking a lot of photos. 

ABA63E8D-64F5-4257-8196-4ADD9AC00368.jpeg

3A4ED461-F0D0-4BF5-BD08-654A264013B4.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

No, it is not the same but some people still have severe symptoms.  I have been to the ER twice in 4 days.  It’s definitely not like a cold for some of us.  I am fully vaccinated and boosted. Thank goodness I am because I think it would have been major trouble if I wasn’t.  This really stinks.  I pray that everyone gets well soon.

I hope that you feel better fast.

Flowers for you. 🌼🌻🌷

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

As I mentioned previously , we were on the same two weeks as you (Discovery). My husband started coughing slightly day after we disembarked. We keep testing him and always negative. However, he is so sick right now, barking cough, very weak. he is fully boosted (second booster). He was up all night. So either Covid not showing up on the in home rapid test or he picked up something else on the ship.

He is stubborn about going to Dr. but I am going to make him an appt. either see our Dr. or urgent care.

This is not like a cold.   I had Covid in January but really nothing like what he has now.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, san diego sue said:

As I mentioned previously , we were on the same two weeks as you (Discovery). My husband started coughing slightly day after we disembarked. We keep testing him and always negative. However, he is so sick right now, barking cough, very weak. he is fully boosted (second booster). He was up all night. So either Covid not showing up on the in home rapid test or he picked up something else on the ship...

Sorry to hear that.

Best to get him to the doctor. There are several anecdotal accounts of multiple negative rapid tests, till a true PCR test. All the best.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

Forgive me if I am being to nosy but in those 2 ER visits did they ever give or offer you Paxlovid as a treatment for Covid?

As I previously stated, I got off the Majestic Saturday morning. I tested positive on Monday after starting to feel bad. Started taking the Paxlovid on Monday while feeling pretty crappy. Started to feel better the next day. Yesterday (Thursday), I was out push mowing for a couple hours on my very hilly lawn.

The wife finally came down with Covid yesterday and tested positive. She started taking Paxlovid then and feels a lot better today.

While it seems right now everyone prescribed Paxlovid must have an underlying condition ( due to availability), I think this drug is going to be a big game changer. And no, I don't work for Pfizer.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, san diego sue said:

As I mentioned previously , we were on the same two weeks as you (Discovery). My husband started coughing slightly day after we disembarked. We keep testing him and always negative. However, he is so sick right now, barking cough, very weak. he is fully boosted (second booster). He was up all night. So either Covid not showing up on the in home rapid test or he picked up something else on the ship.

He is stubborn about going to Dr. but I am going to make him an appt. either see our Dr. or urgent care.

This is not like a cold.   I had Covid in January but really nothing like what he has now.

Get a Pulse Oximeter and measure his blood oxygen levels, if they go low that is a *real* issue.

1 hour ago, san diego sue said:

Sorry to learn that Lou is so sick & hopefully he gets better soon. 🙏

On 4/12/2022 at 4:49 AM, CruzDayz said:

The Rock Opera was very good but I wouldn’t go to it three times. There were so many songs that I just didn’t understand but I guess that’s the way it is at a opera. 

Get well soon. 

Isn’t it funny how people have such different tastes?  I can’t wait to get back on the ship and see it again. I was thinking of different friends that need to go so they can go to the show with me. Are you having an amazing time?  

Just now, MsSoCalCruiser said:

Isn’t it funny how people have such different tastes?  I can’t wait to get back on the ship and see it again. I was thinking of different friends that need to go so they can go to the show with me. Are you having an amazing time?  

I am having a great time. I saw AJ Clarke in the showroom last night. He was excellent. I’m a little tired of the washed up comedians that tell the same jokes year after year. It’s so bad that the second comedian told the same cat choking story that the first one told. I saw both of them on the Majestic with the same jokes. I don’t mean to sound so negative but a new ship should have top entertainment for the first few weeks. 
I thought that everything was great with the Rock Opera except the songs that I didn’t understand. We all have then a standing O for quite a while. 
This cruise is ending too fast. 😩
I had some OBC that I needed to use up so I made a bet on the Angles one day and the Dodgers Wednesday and won them both. That never happens to me. I only had $20 on each game but it was fun to win. I sat next to a lady that had a Royal Flush on a $1.00 machine. I watched her machine while she ran to find her people. I lost $10 there and quit. I have never been lucky at slots. I’m doing choppy sentences again and making this way too long. 
Hope that you are resting and feeling better. You will be walking the beach again soon. 😊

Edited by CruzDayz
  • Thanks 1