Dining reservations

BearClaws

Can someone tell me where exactly on my cruise booking can I make dinner reservations?  Plus we are a family of 6 staying in 3 different suites.  If we want to dine together a couple of nights, will that be difficult to arrange?

7 hours ago, BearClaws said:

Can someone tell me where exactly on my cruise booking can I make dinner reservations?  Plus we are a family of 6 staying in 3 different suites.  If we want to dine together a couple of nights, will that be difficult to arrange?

Hello @BearClaws - if you go to www.rssc.com and create an account and add your booking to your account, you will see a link to make dining reservations. Once you click that link, you'll see instructions for inviting other guests to your reservation, and by entering the booking number for the other two suites, you will see what availability exists for tables of six.

• Like 1

Bear:

Bear with Regent on this one.  You are correct.  That particular Link--whether for dining reservations, shore excursions, whatever--

Will not activate until date given.  That would be one minute past Midnight, Eastern Standard (or Daylight, depending) Time.  

Soos, for us on the West Coast, Log-in to complete these actions would work at 2101H.

GOARMY!

It's been my experience that you'll get easier results just calling Regent directly.  Make sure you have all booking numbers so you can get your dinner reservations linked.  Having done this in the past, I can say that it was MUCH easier for me to just call them up.  And I'm not computer averse - I work in IT so I'm pretty capable...but their system isn't all that friendly and there's supposedly a major upgrade on the horizon so who knows how that will work out at the beginning...

We are on the Voyager sailing around Ireland in June. When we booked our dining reservations at Prime and Chartreuce we were disappointed to find only late 9:00pm and 8:30pm times available. Apparently those passengers in Concierge class get the preferred early times first. Hopefully we can get earlier times once we board. Sorry to say another case of a cruise line marketing department promising a lot but the real operations of the ship not delivering. 

14 minutes ago, chaunceyb said:

We are on the Voyager sailing around Ireland in June. When we booked our dining reservations at Prime and Chartreuce we were disappointed to find only late 9:00pm and 8:30pm times available. Apparently those passengers in Concierge class get the preferred early times first. Hopefully we can get earlier times once we board. Sorry to say another case of a cruise line marketing department promising a lot but the real operations of the ship not delivering. 

You may find that, if you change your preference to sharing a table, those more desirable times are available. The site defaults to not sharing, so you have the click on the share button to see those times.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, chaunceyb said:

Sorry to say another case of a cruise line marketing department promising a lot but the real operations of the ship not delivering. 

??🤔

Disappointing that you could not secure your favoured times/dates for dining reservations.

As you say, best to call in to the dining reservations desk once on board to see what can be offered.

As @wishIweretravellingsays you may have more options by opting to share.

Edited by flossie009

Whilst 9pm is a tad late, if we go out to eat then our reservation is rarely for earlier than 8:30pm if the meal is our 'night out' so for me, having those later times is a relief as I was worried it would be the earlier times that would be left. I believe Regent do state that it is Concierge and above that get first dibs on dining times so does seem to be fairly transparent. 

I recently made reservations on-line, no problem whatsoever.  And - as stated earlier - the trick for earlier dining is the willingness to share a table.  I was able to get reservations for 6:30 for each request. Almost immediately received email confirmation from Regent for each date.

Thank you for the helpful responses.  I was able to book online.  It took a little trial and error on my part, but I was able to eventually get what I needed.  This site is a wonderful and helpful resource!

• Like 4

21 hours ago, wishIweretravelling said:

You may find that, if you change your preference to sharing a table, those more desirable times are available. The site defaults to not sharing, so you have the click on the share button to see those times.

Thank you !

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/15/2022 at 6:00 AM, UUNetBill said:

It's been my experience that you'll get easier results just calling Regent directly.  Make sure you have all booking numbers so you can get your dinner reservations linked.  Having done this in the past, I can say that it was MUCH easier for me to just call them up.  And I'm not computer averse - I work in IT so I'm pretty capable...but their system isn't all that friendly and there's supposedly a major upgrade on the horizon so who knows how that will work out at the beginning...

Which number should I call to link a dining reservation? It gave me an error when I tried to do it online.
Thanks!

21 minutes ago, 2012_Alaska_bound said:

Which number should I call to link a dining reservation? It gave me an error when I tried to do it online.
Thanks!

1.844.4REGENT

And if you send me the details of your error (mmoore@rssc.com), I'll see if we can resolve it for next time - apologies for making it more complicated than it should be!

Edited by Mike Moore
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mike Moore said:

1.844.4REGENT

And if you send me the details of your error (mmoore@rssc.com), I'll see if we can resolve it for next time - apologies for making it more complicated than it should be!

Thanks Mike, will do! My friend has assured me she hasn't made any dining reservations yet for the Grand Arctic Discovery, so I thought adding them to ours should still work.

• 2 months later...
On 4/18/2022 at 10:22 AM, carolina cruisin said:

I recently made reservations on-line, no problem whatsoever.  And - as stated earlier - the trick for earlier dining is the willingness to share a table. 

Hi @carolina cruisin, that's good to know.  I will be making online reservations for the first time (for Voyager) in a few weeks.  I need to make reservations including two other cabins, table for 6; did you happen to notice if that was an easy choice, to invite friends once you say you're willing to share? Or do you choose the table size first?  Any tips on how it works would be appreciated!

I understand booking number, names, room number are needed, which I have.  A little nervous, not being sure what the reso system looks like.

The process for reserving a dinner for 4-6 or even 8 is to know the other passenger's booking number.  When you select a table for 4-6-8 it will ask you for their information [Booking #, First Name,  Last Name] and in effect you are selecting one of their specialty dining selections.  i.e. their booking will show a dining reservation completed for them. 

• Like 1

Besides improving your opportunities by being willing to share a table, we have had great success in the past by going by the restaurants at the time we'd like (say 7 PM) and letting the maitre'd know that we are available if they have a no-show.  They'll hold the reservation for 10-15 minutes and a significant amount of the time they show us in.  People tend not to do the responsible and cancel their reservations if their plans change.  And, being Regent, if you don't get in you can just head to Compass Rose where, of course, no reservations are required.  Since they greatly expanded the "always" and daily offerings in CR a few years ago, I can always find something I'll enjoy.  Or Setti Mari (though that venue can fill whereas CR can always seat you). 

On 7/22/2022 at 6:12 PM, daetchief said:

When you select a table for 4-6-8 it will ask you for their information [Booking #, First Name,  Last Name] and in effect you are selecting one of their specialty dining selections. 

Thank you @daetchief!  That makes me feel much more confident.  I have all that information on hand, and their approval to use their allowed specialty dining reservation.

• 3 weeks later...

First time Regent cruiser. We are 93 days out from departure! Our dining window opens on day 90. It is a single cruise of 26 days, so from my understanding we can only book 1 specialty restaurant for the cruise as we are on Navigator.

We are traveling with another couple in a separate cabin. I have all the Information for the other cabin to book our Prime 7 booking. I assume the restriction of 1 specialty includes if I book a table for 4 with the other couple.

Also, I see Compass Rose does not require reservations,  but if I wanted to book every night at particular time are reservations available to book online at the 90 day windows opening for Compass Rose?

Thanks for any information.

wvacations: 

No, you cannot "book" at a particular time at Compass Rose (CR)  This is a positive attribute, IMHO, re:  CR.  Open seating means, exactly that. 

Having said that (this), it has been our long-time experience that CR management will attempt to replicate your seating situation should you be a frequent dinner attendee.  Our pattern has been to show up at opening time (6:30pm) on the first evening.  The dining area will be wide-open.  Select where you want to be seated.  Example:  table for two at a window; table for four or five somewhere else.   

Our situation:  spouse has a severe hearing situation.  (BTW:  this information is in Regent's passenger history file, at our request.)  So, no surprise upon boarding.  

We have always requested CR table for two in a "quieter", side seating area.  Easier for her to interact with wait staff.  Thereafter, we would advise Waiter and/or Dining Room manager when our next visit would be.  It would always be at 6:30pm.  So, would it be possible to be seated in the same, quieter area?  But, again--did not expect to see a "Reserved" sign put on a particular table.   

Response, as we have become accustomed over the last 17 years with Radisson/Regent:  "Of course."  And, the wait staff were aware of my spouse's situation, and responded appropriately.   

When we planned to attend a different dinner venue, either a specialty restaurant at which we had already obtained a reservation; or at Sette Marie, the next night, ALWAYS advised CR folks.  They appreciated this heads-up.  

Hope this helps. 

GOARMY!

Look online at the menus for the other specialty restaurants on the other ships.  Maybe make a copy.  Bring it with you.  With 24 hours notice you can order from those restaurants in Compass Rose as long as they have the ingredients.  We always order lobster tempura at least once a week.

• Like 1

Thank you for the great information. The other couple (my parents) are quite elderly so it's hard for them to stand for longer periods comfortably. If we were to arrive at CR close to opening each evening, is there usually a line to get seated? If so I would guess at opening the one line will mover rather quickly.

I think we will try and book Prime 7 early during the cruise and then try stand-by a few other nights. Am I correct Prime 7 is the only specialty on Navigator.  I am also assuming La Veranda and and Sette Mari at La Veranda are a buffet for breakfast and lunch and do not accept reservations.

Thanks again.