Shareholders benefit OBC

GloriaF

Where is the CCL stock OBC shown in a booking?  I'm signed into my booking and looking in the Cruise Personalizer: Payments and Credits.  I see other OBC, but not the shareholders benefit OBC.  I filed a while back, so there has been time for it to be processed.  It seems like I remember that they will not show in my booking, but will be on my folio onboard.  It's been too long since I've cruised!

Edited by GloriaF

It all depends on how busy they are at the current time.   I have seen it applied in less than 24 hours, and then it was taking them upwards of 3 weeks to apply the credit.

Also had them send me an email saying to not apply for a Shareholder OBC before 3 months before the cruise date, and then them applying the OBC for our cruise in Sept at the same time.  (confused.. I sure was).

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Valiamo said:

It all depends on how busy they are at the current time.   I have seen it applied in less than 24 hours, and then it was taking them upwards of 3 weeks to apply the credit.

Also had them send me an email saying to not apply for a Shareholder OBC before 3 months before the cruise date, and then them applying the OBC for our cruise in Sept at the same time.  (confused.. I sure was).

Their policies on the Shareholder OBC sure are flexible, Sometimes the request is met within hours, sometimes weeks, if ever.  I've never even heard of them sending an Email back to the customer like that. I've had a number of the requests applied very early, we even have one, applied many months ago, for a Feb 2023 cruise. The last one I applied for, a few weeks ago for a new Alaska trip in August,  didn't get applied right away, so I re-submitted the same Email twice more until it finally went through.

32 minutes ago, lx200gps said:

I've never even heard of them sending an Email back to the customer like that. 

Yep, was surprised to get that email, all of my prior credits were granted quite quickly (hours or 1 or 2 days).   I suspect it was during a time they were way behind (in January) and trying to catch up.

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/12/2022 at 3:52 PM, Valiamo said:

Can a couple that each have 100 shares, get the OBC. Or is it just one per cabin.?

10 minutes ago, traceytd said:

Can a couple that each have 100 shares, get the OBC. Or is it just one per cabin.?

Alas one per cabin.. (else I would transfer some to my darling wife's account)

• Thanks 1

Applied for Share benefit for two separate cruises in December 2022  last week, I just wanted to get out of the way.

I have applied for approximately 9 other cruise benefits with Princess in advance, most times they say they will add to the diary and apply within a 3 month window or they just apply immediately.

I was quite surprised to see the replay that I had from  Pre-Cruise Guest Relations Representative, it asked me to apply later in order to ensure I was still a holder of the shares.

“We are currently only applying Shareholder benefits to cruises up to and including the 31st July 2022, I am sure you can appreciate we cannot apply these credits too far in advance as shareholders may no longer be entitled to them at the time of sailing.”

I found this not to be particularly trusting and replied:

No problem, I will submit later in year.

But I do think that Princess should have more confidence in your shareholders keeping hold of their shares. I would like to think as a shareholder that I believe in your company and your product and therefore would retain my shares.

I will now wait out, and hope they will have the necessary resources available, when the time is close enough that they can trust me not to sell them before I get on board

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BobandLizM said:

Applied for Share benefit for two separate cruises in December 2022  last week, I just wanted to get out of the way.

I have applied for approximately 9 other cruise benefits with Princess in advance, most times they say they will add to the diary and apply within a 3 month window or they just apply immediately.

I was quite surprised to see the replay that I had from  Pre-Cruise Guest Relations Representative, it asked me to apply later in order to ensure I was still a holder of the shares.

“We are currently only applying Shareholder benefits to cruises up to and including the 31st July 2022, I am sure you can appreciate we cannot apply these credits too far in advance as shareholders may no longer be entitled to them at the time of sailing.”

But I do think that Princess should have more confidence in your shareholders keeping hold of their shares. I would like to think as a shareholder that I believe in your company and your product and therefore would retain my shares.

I will now wait out, and hope they will have the necessary resources available, when the time is close enough that they can trust me not to sell them before I get on board

But why should Princess trust people to do that?  

Princess also prevents you from ordering two drinks at a time with the princess drink package to reduce the risk of people buying one package and sharing it.  

Princess also requires you to pay for specialty dining and excursions when you book them to reduce the risk of people overbooking for flexibility and then cancelling what they don't intend to keep.

Princess also requires you put a credit card on file rather than settling your tab at the end of a cruise.

I mean the list can go on and on.  Fraud totally happens, ALL THE TIME, and cruise lines just like any company have policies designed to prevent abuse.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BobandLizM said:

Hi, I believe they can't confirm this as each year the shareholder credit gets reviewed on July 31st maybe? 

The benefit is applicable on sailings through July 31, 2023 aboard the brands listed below. Certain restrictions apply. Applications to receive these benefits should be made at least three weeks prior to cruise departure date.

It's more a case of can they offer it more than anything else.

https://www.carnivalcorp.com/static-files/50351a91-4dc0-4f6b-bfec-684647e6129f

Edited by johnnylikely

Just returned from a 25 day Transatlantic Cruise on the Enchanted.

Fares included drink package, gratuities and internet.

Had my $250 shareholder OBC (non refundable). Ship had no internet

for first 2 weeks so received $140 refundable credit. 

Naturally, for specialty restaurant booking, charges were made against the refundable credits. Was not allowed to use my OBC to pay for both my husband

and my dinners. Each was charged against our own OBC. (refundable of course)

Was also not permitted to book an excursion for the both of us using my

shareholder credits.....can only use them for myself.

Ended up buying some jewelry since not much left to use $250 OBC on and did not want it to go to waste.

Would so much rather have used it towards excursions.
Beware!

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Gerrizl said:

credits.....can only use them for myself.

Were your accounts linked to 1 charge card?? I have cruised with others, linked our billing account, paid for kids excursions / specialty dinner / wifi with my OBC, and never had an issue doing so as recently as 2019. I have only sailed solo in 2021 & 2022 to date so just trying to find out if this a new change

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Ombud said:

Were your accounts linked to 1 charge card?? I have cruised with others, linked our billing account, paid for kids excursions / specialty dinner / wifi with my OBC, and never had an issue doing so as recently as 2019. I have only sailed solo in 2021 & 2022 to date so just trying to find out if this a new change

January 2022 I was able to use my OBC to pay for DH specialty dining and anything else he wanted. In April 2022 I used it to pay for some friends specialty dining. I simply gave my medallion and had things charged to me.