Teen Allowed in NightClub with Parent?

pinniped71

6 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

If I remember correctly under 18 is allowed early night until 10 or 11. Anyone else want to confirm this?

That's certainly reasonable. After all, it's music. And the music I've heard on cruises is no where '"R" rated. I honestly don't know. But good question OP! 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, pinniped71 said:

My 15 year old son and I will be sailing in June aboard Sunshine.  He loves to listen to all kinds of music.  Is he allowed in the clubs if I am with him?  

There's music all over the ship. I'm sure he had music on his phone. A nightclub atmosphere is for adults drinking, dancing, behaving grown up. Not an environment for a child, even on a cruise ship. Let adult spaces remain for adults.

The teen club plays music and has parties.

Edited by cruizergal70
  • Like 8

On 4/16/2022 at 5:10 AM, Saint Greg said:

Isn’t sunshine one of the ships that they ripped the nightclub out of? So they use the comedy club after comedy so no early nightclub? Unless maybe they do comedy in the main lounge a couple nights.

For the Sunshine class, Liquid Lounge will be the nightclub after the last Playlist Production show each evening. The Limelight Lounge will have late night comedy.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, cruizergal70 said:

There's music all over the ship. I'm sure he had music on his phone. A nightclub atmosphere is for adults drinking, dancing, behaving grown up. Not an environment for a child, even on a cruise ship. Let adult spaces remain for adults.

The teen club plays music and has parties.

giphy.gif

• Like 1

Thanks all. This will be our first time on this particular ship and didn’t know if they had music set up on the promenade and such like other ships. Will most likely steer clear of night clubs is available elsewhere. 

• 4 months later...
On 4/16/2022 at 11:01 PM, 80sGal said:

On Sunrise in December, they checked SS cards to verify age.   There's lots of venues with music other than the nightclub/lounge.   

I realize this is an old thread, but this brought back an amusing cruise memory I had all but forgotten...

On Elegant Night, Carnival Pride, several years ago, DH and I went to Beauties Dance Club (the disco).  The bouncer at the door required photo ID as proof of age.  S&S card would not suffice (he didn't have a card reader).  He insisted on photo ID.  I was a tiny bit baffled but also amused.  To help you picture it: DH was in his late 30s, dressed in black suit, tie, French cuff shirt with cuff links; I was about 40, in an evening gown.  Both of us had grey streaks in our hair.  We went all the way up to our room, retrieved our driver's licenses from the safe, and came back down to present them to the bouncer.  Along our trek on this errand, I said to DH in a bemused / amused way, "How many people carry their photo ID around on a cruise ship?"

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ShakyBeef said:

I realize this is an old thread, but this brought back an amusing cruise memory I had all but forgotten...

On Elegant Night, Carnival Pride, several years ago, DH and I went to Beauties Dance Club (the disco).  The bouncer at the door required photo ID as proof of age.  S&S card would not suffice (he didn't have a card reader).  He insisted on photo ID.  I was a tiny bit baffled but also amused.  To help you picture it: DH was in his late 30s, dressed in black suit, tie, French cuff shirt with cuff links; I was about 40, in an evening gown.  Both of us had grey streaks in our hair.  We went all the way up to our room, retrieved our driver's licenses from the safe, and came back down to present them to the bouncer.  Along our trek on this errand, I said to DH in a bemused / amused way, "How many people carry their photo ID around on a cruise ship?"

Would have said to the bouncer, how about if I just go buy a beer to prove I'm 21?

• Haha 2