Jumping Ships

ne1travel

We are finally set for our cruises in 2023.  We will be on the Sky Princess for 7 days. And then when we disembark, we will jump ship to the Enchanted for a 10 day cruise.  It’s not a true B2B so just wondering after we get our luggage, do we then take it to the porters for the next cruise.  Has anyone ever done this?

I am doing the exact same thing next year and have done it in the past.

If the 2 ships are docked very close together then a porter can take the luggage or you can wheel it yourself. 

If the ships are docked in distant parts of the port then it is $8 to take a taxi within the port.

try to be near the end of those disembarking the first ship so that you have less time waiting to board the second ship.

Also, it is possible that Sky will not dock at the same dock it left from as the Enchanted may take that spot.  In this case as the 2 ships are the same size, this is unlikely but if it happened, Princess would offer shuttles back to the parking area you left from. 

When on the Sky, check at customer service desk a day or 2 before end of cruise and they should be able to let you now the pier the ships will be at. 

• Like 1

This is called a Side to Side (S2S) so I have been told by others here. We have done this once pre-COVID in Ft Lauderdale so have no idea how it works now. We were going from the Caribbean Princess to the Sky Princess which were at the docks next to each other so lucked out there. Took a late time getting off collected our bags, got the car out of the garage to pick up some more wine, do laundry, some lunch and drove around to charge up the battery and let the crowd die down, then headed back to the port dropped the bags and re-parked the car. But in the days of COVID it seems to take longer getting on so might skip the lunch and laundry and do that once you get on board. Someone told me guest services might set up transportation but since we drove, did not try that. 

I did this in February of this year.  It is called a side to side as KYBOB stated.  Here is my experience, and know that Princess was well aware of our upcoming plans.

We were given a Covid test the afternoon or morning prior to disembarking the Regal Princess.  If we didn't pass they would come and get us.  They didn't, so we knew we had passed.  That evening we had instructions about the process the next day and were given a printed confirmation of the test results that evening.  .  We were to disembark late in the disembark process and tell the person arranging the transportation that we were going to board the Sky Princess and needed to be bussed over.  They put us on the next bus - which was also the last bus and took us over to the garage for Berth 4 and we almost got left there but I made sure to tell the man that we were suppose to go to the bag drop off for berth 2.  I know he had been told by the dispatcher but obviously forgot.  He did take us over and we dropped our bags and then got in line to board the Sky.  Regal was at birth 19 and Sky was at berth 2.  

The most likely scenario for you on side-to-side day will be Enchanted at berth 2 and Sky somewhere else like 19 or 29 so you will need to either take the bus or grab a cab.  Ask at guest services if the bus will take you.  They may not.  I honestly think if I had to do it over again, I would opt for a cab.  

I hope this helps. 

16 hours ago, Waynetor said:

If the 2 ships are docked very close together then a porter can take the luggage or you can wheel it yourself. 

If the ships are docked in distant parts of the port then it is $8 to take a taxi within the port.

try to be near the end of those disembarking the first ship so that you have less time waiting to board the second ship.

Also, it is possible that Sky will not dock at the same dock it left from as the Enchanted may take that spot.  In this case as the 2 ships are the same size, this is unlikely but if it happened, Princess would offer shuttles back to the parking area you left from. 

When on the Sky, check at customer service desk a day or 2 before end of cruise and they should be able to let you now the pier the ships will be at. 

Edited by ne1travel
Thank you

Assume this is in Port Everglades. If yes, then one ship will be in be at pier 2, and the other at one of the mid port piers, for example pier 21. Disembark in the normal way going through immigration and picking up your luggage. You then have a few choices. There may be a intra port garage shuttle from the mid port garage  to the north port garage. These parking garages are close to the piers. You can go to the taxi stand and ask for an in port transfer. There is a min. charge. It is possible that Princess has a shuttle for passengers and/or crew that you can take you between ships. In all cases you are responsible for your luggage.

For us the easiest was the taxi.

IF you are driving to the port ...

and IF you don't need your vehicle between the two cruises ...

Park at the final disembarkation terminal garage - do the cab/uber/shuttle after you have dropped off your luggage at the 1st embarkation terminal

We were on the Regal in February doing a b2b.  Sky was at Pier 2 but we were at Pier 21.  We were staying on Regal but wanted to go for a walk.  There was a shuttle bus taking people over to Pier 2 because there were people who were going to get on the Sky.  No charge.  We got on the shuttle and the driver dropped everyone off at the ship (not the garage although it was nearby).  Passenger Services had told us it ran all day but we didn't believe it because not many people would need it mid day.  We asked the driver and he said no it didn't but gave us his card and he would pick us up at the Sky and bring us back to Regal when we were ready.  Well, we called but got voicemail 😞. We walked back to the Regal in the heat.  

• Like 1

Since your driving the shuttle service you'll be using will give you a lift to the second ship. (at least the ones we use will). 

They don't care if you going back to your car or another ship.

We just tip him for his trouble.

If both your ships are in Term 2 & 4, you can walk.

btw- you can get a free covid check from the first ship to prove your negative, if there still doing it then. 

On 4/18/2022 at 7:21 PM, ne1travel said:

We are finally set for our cruises in 2023.  We will be on the Sky Princess for 7 days. And then when we disembark, we will jump ship to the Enchanted for a 10 day cruise.  It’s not a true B2B so just wondering after we get our luggage, do we then take it to the porters for the next cruise.  Has anyone ever done this?

We will be on the 10 day Southern with Curacao that departs on 8 Jan 2023.  Is that the cruise you are on? 

• 8 months later...
On 4/18/2022 at 8:18 PM, Waynetor said:

I thought I'd resurrect this thread because we've decided to take a Princess S2S in December, 2023.  First cruise is on Sky Princess, followed by Emerald Princess.  I have seen some good advice on here and am wondering whether anybody has done a S2S recently and what their 'transfer' experience was like.  We don't really mind walking with our luggage between the two ships as long as they're not located at the far ends of the piers although getting a shuttle lift of some description would certainly be a more attractive option.  A taxi would be OK too, but I would like to know whether there may be other options.