Cats cancelled on Oasis

We are on the Oasis right now and just found out all performances of Cats have been cancelled with no reason given.  The singers are still performing, but the play has been cancelled, at least on this cruise.  The seas are very calm, with no heavy seas predicted.  

I know many do not enjoy the show, but many more (like me) love the performance.  

Quite disappointed.  Bummer!
bob

On right now and they said it was delayed due to technical issues, then canceled. I’m guessing it’s something to do with the stage set since the cast is performing a Cabernet act. Or the non-singing cast is quarantined. Who knows. I wasn’t planning on seeing it so it doesn’t effect me. 

In other news, Aqua 80 was the best show I’ve seen on a cruise

I’d be gutted. Not a fan of Cats personally but if you’re excited about a show and it doesn’t go ahead you’d be gutted. Hope they put something else on in its place and hopefully the aqua shows will make up for it!

29 minutes ago, mia081081 said:

On right now and they said it was delayed due to technical issues, then canceled. I’m guessing it’s something to do with the stage set since the cast is performing a Cabernet act. Or the non-singing cast is quarantined. Who knows. I wasn’t planning on seeing it so it doesn’t effect me. 

In other news, Aqua 80 was the best show I’ve seen on a cruise

technical issues usually refers to someone tested positive and is in quarantine.    They have been using this "technical issues" for several months now.   

If the performers are still present and performing other acts then it may be someone in rigging or other type of support for stage is in quarantine.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

technical issues usually refers to someone tested positive and is in quarantine.    They have been using this "technical issues" for several months now.   

If the performers are still present and performing other acts then it may be someone in rigging or other type of support for stage is in quarantine.  

My Wife refers to this logic as "is that your back story"   🤣😉

• Haha 1

I am a big theatre fan - LOVE most shows...CATS - that is another story.  Saw it on Broadway and was amused and confused and I KNEW the story line and back story.    I have seen it several times on the ship...Last time I nearly fell asleep...Face it RCI...It might have been a good (?) choice 7 years ago but it is now relegated to being an 'Old Chestnut'...There are SOOOO many other options that they can swap in...

• Like 6

On 4/19/2022 at 4:28 PM, Sunshine3601 said:

agree, someone needed is in quarantine.  Cases are going up on ships among crew also, that why in the past few weeks they are starting to double mask again.

It's a shame because all these cases are minor or no symptoms.  Time we learn to live with it like any other flu

Edited by cruisegus
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, cruisegus said:

agree, someone needed is in quarantine.  Cases are going up on ships among crew also, that why in the past few weeks they are starting to double mask again.

It's a shame because all these cases are minor or no symptoms.  Time we learn to live with it like any other flu

Oh no, I hate hearing crew is starting to double mask.   I got off my last b2b on April 3rd and they were hoping they could remove their masks soon.   In fact a lot of crew were wearing below their noses or lowering all the way while speaking with guests.  

Our sailings had a bunch of entertainers in quarantine.   They seem to get a lot of positive cases or just more noticeable to guests when they disappear in quarantine.

46 minutes ago, hucifer said:

I got excited for a minute, thinking "They cancelled Cats! They're finally replacing that awful production!"

Imagine my disappointment when I learned it was just for this sailing. 

You definitely weren't the only one!!!

• Haha 2