Italy cruises testing

Susanb10567

20 minutes ago, sunlover33 said:

I am still unsure why  Celebrity are making life so difficult for their guests with this rigid one day testing  before embarkation. It’s not an Italian requirement, a quick look on other cruise websites reveals for all European departures (including Italy)  Viking is two days, MSC 48 hours and Princess three days with the provision of free port testing if passengers are unable to obtain a test results in time. Celebrity are not doing themselves any favours. 

Unfortunately, it is what it is!  They made the rule and now we have to live with it.  I would like to think there is some scientific evidence that a one day test can identify possible positive results better then a 2 day test?  Flying to Europe from North America doesn't leave one many hours to obtain a test.  I managed to find a pharmacy about 1/2 way on my 3 hour drive to the airport to get the test and then hopefully carry on.  

4 hours ago, Searanger said:

Unfortunately, it is what it is!  They made the rule and now we have to live with it.  I would like to think there is some scientific evidence that a one day test can identify possible positive results better then a 2 day test?  Flying to Europe from North America doesn't leave one many hours to obtain a test.  I managed to find a pharmacy about 1/2 way on my 3 hour drive to the airport to get the test and then hopefully carry on.  

Yes , it is what it is.  But what is it? The day before, or 24 hours before?  People are getting different advice directly from the horse’s mouth (ie X). It’s utterly ridiculous that we can’t get this sorted out.

• Like 1

On 4/19/2022 at 4:50 PM, Ozzmund said:

We have almost an exact scenario for our September Reflection B2B cruises.

Will be watching how things progress this spring/summer. Our TA assures us she can arrange for us to test (and receive our results) in Rome the day before our cruise.

Are you on the September 16th Rome cruise?  We are, I hope things calm down by then. 

• Like 1

It seems that cruising definitely needs higher level thinkers; however, many do just fine flying by the seat of their pants.  I'll chose to plan ahead and have several choices with lots of information, phone numbers, a high limit credit card, along with and a variety of meds.  Yes, I will purchase insurance and understand that there are still things out of my control.  However, I will not stop cruising test or no test!

Edited by Lastdance
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Just a warning if you’re counting on getting a test in Italy on Monday prior to embarkation, don’t count on a pharmacy being open.  As well as most of them being closed all day Sunday, many pharmacies are also closed on Monday, as we discovered this morning in the large town of Montepulciano.

38 minutes ago, cruisingaussies said:

Just a warning if you’re counting on getting a test in Italy on Monday prior to embarkation, don’t count on a pharmacy being open.  As well as most of them being closed all day Sunday, many pharmacies are also closed on Monday, as we discovered this morning in the large town of Montepulciano.

That is why we are taking the internet proctored tests with us for our August cruise. We will do them the day before we board in Rome from our hotel rooms with internet.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

That is why we are taking the internet proctored tests with us for our August cruise. We will do them the day before we board in Rome from our hotel rooms with internet.

Can you do the proctored test with an iPad, or do you need a laptop?

9 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

We did the Binax now(Emed) proctored tests in Florida,  2 days before our Caribbean cruise, worked great. 

50 minutes ago, cruisingaussies said:

At least they make a decent red there!

• Haha 1

On 4/20/2022 at 9:07 AM, Miaminice said:

No, in the EU and Italy it is a recommendation - not a legal requirement. So the cruise line decides to follow the recommendation or not. Don´t know about the UK, but the topic is Italy etc.

I thought I spotted a few days ago in the news that Italy had changed to a 1 day testing requirement, anyway it is as it is. When we travelled for a cruise out of USA the esting requirement changed and we had to alter all our test plans.

Travel anywhere isnt easy nowadays!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sasset said:

Can you do the proctored test with an iPad, or do you need a laptop?

You can do it on any device with internet connection, a video camera and a microphone built in, so yes an I pad, Galaxy S tablet or laptop will work as long as you have internet connections. My Galaxy S7 tablet has cell data so we can do our texts almost anywhere. The tests take 10 to 15 minutes online to complete.

Edited by terrydtx
  • Like 1

Received today:

SAILING TESTING REQUIREMENTS
PRE-ARRIVAL/EMBARKATION COVID-19 TEST
All guests ages 2 and older must present a digital or physical copy of a negative test result in order to board their sailing.
• Up to Date* Guests: Must present a negative Antigen test taken within 2 days prior to sailing. Testing at the terminal will not be required. This testing requirement is currently stipulated by Italian authorities as of May 17, 2022.
•Fully-Vaccinated** Guests: Must present a negative Antigen test taken within 2 days prior to sailing. Testing at the terminal will not be required. This testing requirement is currently stipulated by Italian authorities as of May 17, 2022.
• Unvaccinated Guests: Will not be required to present a pre-arrival test. Instead, guests will be tested at the Terminal prior to Embarkation.
Guests who have recently recovered from COVID-19 may present a Certificate of Recovery and proof of the positive PCR test result taken between 11 and less than 180 days prior to the sail date in order to board. The Certificate of Recovery can be presented as an NHS COVID Pass, EU Certificate of Recovery or as a letter from a healthcare provider. In addition, you must still present a vaccination card. Please be aware that some ports of call do not accept a Certificate of Recovery for the purposes of debarking and enjoying the destination. We will not accept a Certificate of Recovery in place of a vaccination record***.

39 minutes ago, Denny01 said:

I’ll drink to just about anything….,,.and I think you’d join me!

den

39 minutes ago, Denny01 said:

I’ll drink to just about anything….,,.and I think you’d join me!

den

Especially if you’re paying Den, then I’m your gal!

On 5/23/2022 at 7:39 PM, terrydtx said:

You can do it on any device with internet connection, a video camera and a microphone built in, so yes an I pad, Galaxy S tablet or laptop will work as long as you have internet connections. My Galaxy S7 tablet has cell data so we can do our texts almost anywhere. The tests take 10 to 15 minutes online to complete.

I did mine on my phone...no problems!