Italy cruises testing

Susanb10567

Hoping the two day testing rule stays. The thought of having to fly to Rome to take my boarding test and then possibly have to quarantine right after we land was making me very anxious…now at least we will have our boarding test before we leave NYC.

For me, as it stands right now, I test in Rome, but on a Saturday instead of a Sunday, making it a little easier.  But, do I need an Antigen and PCR, or just a PCR?  I am also on a b2b, but still have time for the requirements to change.  I am bringing tests with me for sure and will most likely have some I do not use, but WTH...I get to cruise and travel the world!

Edited by Lastdance
  • Like 1

Certificate of Recovery Update.  We boarded the Apex this morning, with both a Certificate of Recovery in hand for me (Tom) and negative antigen tests for both of us (my backup in case I had trouble with the Certificate of Recovery).  The first person who greeted us never seemed to have heard of a Certificate of Recovery, so I just showed him my negative antigen test, because otherwise he was going to need to call someone else over to talk with me.   The second and third people we encountered were familiar with them, and said that the procedure was that I would be sent over to see the medical officer, who (my speculation) would have inspected my letter, checked the positive PCR result, and probably take my temperature.  At that point, I just decided to short-circuit things by showing them my negative antigen test, to get on the ship.   But it is clear that the Certificates of Recovery are accepted, and it seems clear that they are accepted in lieu of a negative test result.  It is just that you have to go see the medical officer.

Tom & Judy

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, TFree said:

Certificate of Recovery Update.  We boarded the Apex this morning, with both a Certificate of Recovery in hand for me (Tom) and negative antigen tests for both of us (my backup in case I had trouble with the Certificate of Recovery).  The first person who greeted us never seemed to have heard of a Certificate of Recovery, so I just showed him my negative antigen test, because otherwise he was going to need to call someone else over to talk with me.   The second and third people we encountered were familiar with them, and said that the procedure was that I would be sent over to see the medical officer, who (my speculation) would have inspected my letter, checked the positive PCR result, and probably take my temperature.  At that point, I just decided to short-circuit things by showing them my negative antigen test, to get on the ship.   But it is clear that the Certificates of Recovery are accepted, and it seems clear that they are accepted in lieu of a negative test result.  It is just that you have to go see the medical officer.

Tom & Judy

Hope you both have a wonderful cruise...we take her back home, after the prior cruise, so keep her safe!

Edited by Lastdance

2 hours ago, Lastdance said:

For me, as it stands right now, I test in Rome, but on a Saturday instead of a Sunday, making it a little easier.  But, do I need an Antigen and PCR, or just a PCR?  I am also on a b2b, but still have time for the requirements to change.  I am bringing tests with me for sure and will most likely have some I do not use, but WTH...I get to cruise and travel the world!

You only need an Antigen Test (Test results in 15 minutes) if you are categorized as Up To Date on your vaccinations.  Do not get an PCR test as these are processed through a lab and can take between 12hrs to 72hrs to process.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/28/2022 at 5:38 PM, cruisingxpert said:

By traveling I think she is referring to what port you are embarking.  O still says 48 hrs from US ports and 72 hrs from ports outside USA.  We are on O out of Italy in a few weeks and haven't had any update.

As I understand the Oceania protocols they’ve simply added a pierside test gratis. But that’s been confusing too.  I think they’ve said the 72 hours thing is still required if you want quarantine coverage. 

Edited by Benthayer Gonbak

On 4/29/2022 at 9:43 AM, B x said:

It depends how you interpret what it say's on the web site "within 1 day prior to sailing" to me "within" means exactly that, within 24 hours. So for example if you test at 8am the previous day (which we originally planned to do at Heathrow) by the time we board at 11am it's outside a one day timeframe. I may be being pedantic here, it's my legalist head kicking in, but clarity would be useful as non of us want to arrive at the dock only to be told our test is out of date.

live used their faq to find that most mean anytime the previous day for 1 day before.  I’ve thought about the problem with time zones and could argue, for the US , the time has to be after 6 am the day before😇😇

On 4/29/2022 at 5:33 PM, jsl51 said:

Hello All and thanks in advance to any help you can provide.

My friend are I are sailing on Oceania out of Ravenna (instead of Venice) on May 7th.

We are flying into Venice the day before, staying at a hotel arranged by Oceania and apparently will be taken to Ravenna the morning of the 7th - this is not clear to me yet but we'll see.

Our agent told us we could get our covid tests no sooner than this Wed the 4th here in the US, so that's what we're planning to do.

Then flying to Italy Thurs May 5, arriving in Venice May 6.

Those of you flying into Rome seem to have more or different information, as you are discussing where and how to get covid tests once in Rome.

And every now and then pier side testing rears its ugly head - is that in addition to any prior testing in our country of origin?

So confusing - and is there a possibility that Italy might change the rules on May 1?

You caught that May 1 too😇  we leave the Us May 3 and so must test in Venice. 

22 hours ago, cruisingaussies said:

This is really good news.  I spent one hour and 38 minutes on the phone to Celebrity yesterday.  After a little persistence I was put on to a supervisor.  When I explained the problems the one day rule was causing for a lot of people sailing on Monday, he kept me on the line while he contacted Head Office, who promised they would look into it.  Seems like they did!

Dont forget to print the page and show date you printed it!  

5 minutes ago, Benthayer Gonbak said:

Dont forget to print the page and show date you printed it!  

Fear not!  I always have everything in writing and printed out. Our trip file weighs a ton but I believe it’s the only way, with backup on my phone. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, cruisingaussies said:

Fear not!  I always have everything in writing and printed out. Our trip file weighs a ton but I believe it’s the only way, with backup on my phone. 

I hear that loud and clear...me too!

9 hours ago, cruisingaussies said:

Yep, we were approaching a ream of paper!  Always backed up on a tablet!  It’s sad that the rules from a website have to be printed now too!  

Edited by Benthayer Gonbak

Back to one day now?!?!?!?! Please someone tell me I’m wrong…

Pre-Arrival/Embarkation Covid-19 Test

• Up to Date* Guests: Must present a negative Antigen test taken within 1 day prior to sailing. Testing at the terminal will not be required.

4 minutes ago, s100onn said:

• Up to Date* Guests: Must present a negative Antigen test taken within 1 day prior to sailing. Testing at the terminal will not be required.

Yup! Changed again! Ugh 😡

5 minutes ago, s100onn said:

I've just seen it too !!  This is getting past a joke. We have changed our travel arrangements on the basis of the 2 day change. Just feel so stressed by all of this. The problem is you can't even get through to anyone to have a sensible conversation

• Like 3

Since Thursday (April 29) this has gone from one day to two days and now back to one day. No answers from Celebrity, no notice to customers. We have to keep checking constantly. We've changed flights — the airlines charge for that — canceled and booked hotels. I've never seen a company alienate loyal customers to this degree without explanation or apology. Celebrity executives should be ashamed.

• Like 2

Surely they can't do this with such short notice? We have changed our flights and our tests based on the 2 day testing.

The way they are treating customers is disgraceful, no direct communication actually!!

• Thanks 1

I haven’t read all the posts here, so not fully up to speed. We are spending 3 days in Civitavecchia prior so had planned on testing at the hotel with our on-line test kits when it was 1 day prior and then 2 days prior, now back to 1 day. 

But since they are testing the ‘Fully-Vaccinated’, those that took the vaccines later than 270days prior and no booster At the terminal, I was wondering if that suffices for us who are designed ‘Up to Date’. It says 

Just asking if anyone knows if we have ‘issues’ with taking our tests the day prior, if we can be tested at the terminal as a back up? Realize there will be time tied up in all that, but would be good as a back up. 

den

29 minutes ago, LoveChops said:

Surely they can't do this with such short notice? We have changed our flights and our tests based on the 2 day testing.

The way they are treating customers is disgraceful, no direct communication actually!!

I've changed my flights ( and paid change fees) twice so far, this is crazy, it shouldn't be this difficult to plan a holiday 

Is it Italy that is constantly changing their rules or have Celebrity misinterpreted them?

Will be interesting to hear from guests on this Saturdays sailing what is happening at the port

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 1

This is beyond ridiculous. 

When I look into our booking for 13 June cruise I get this

Health protocols

Health and safety protocols for this cruise have not been announced. We anticipate both vaccination and testing requirements and encourage vaccine boosters.

Has anyone travelling in the next week or two actually been emailed with the requirements or are you constantly checking X’s website?