Italy cruises testing

Susanb10567

On 4/21/2022 at 7:06 PM, sgmn said:

I presume one day before means anytime on the day before and not 24 hours from sailing?

Exactly what I'm wondering.  As our cruise leaves on a Monday, we'll have to have the test done on Sunday and in the morning, as the few pharmacies that are open on Sunday in Italy close at noon.  Say we couldn't board the ship until around 2.00 pm, if it's 24 hours before sailing, we'd be over the time.  Really don't want to be rushing around Civitavecchia on the morning we sail getting tested.

I've sent an email to the Captain's Club asking if they can provide more info but haven't received a reply.

Maybe someone in the USA can call them?

1 minute ago, cruisingaussies said:

Exactly what I'm wondering.  As our cruise leaves on a Monday, we'll have to have the test done on Sunday and in the morning, as the few pharmacies that are open on Sunday in Italy close at noon.  Say we couldn't board the ship until around 2.00 pm, if it's 24 hours before sailing, we'd be over the time.  Really don't want to be rushing around Civitavecchia on the morning we sail getting tested.

I've sent an email to the Captain's Club asking if they can provide more info but haven't received a reply.

If you hear can you let us know here please.

I've now moved our flight from LHR to late afternoon and we will get our test done in the morning before the flight. So this will be the day before but more than 24 hours.

7 hours ago, cruisingaussies said:

It is one day before, not 24 hours. We will be testing at 8 am and boarding at noon. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We're boarding Reflection in Rome shortly and flying in the day before. The one day testing for up to date vaccinated passengers is really annoying but it is what it is. 

You can get tested in Rome airport,terminal three for a cost of 20 euros. There is no appointments to book and those departing Rome take priority over arrivals. So I guess we'll do this. 

• Like 1

I called Celebrity Customer Service this morning and they said testing would be available at the pier for "boosted" passengers who are not able to get tested.  Really wish we could get one solid answer.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 4/24/2022 at 9:14 AM, mimbecky said:

Great question.  I did note that Celebrity offers to cover some on land hotel and flights if you test positive ON the cruise. I also note that testing at the port afterwards is at disembarkation (AFTER cruise) so for this reason we are choosing to test the day before in Naples.

M

Slick idea!  I'm a real 'what if' type, but hadn't considered that!  You might want to be mostly packed before you disembark in Naples.

2 hours ago, Trixsea said:

I called Celebrity Customer Service this morning and they said testing would be available at the pier for "boosted" passengers who are not able to get tested.  Really wish we could get one solid answer.

A call from Celebrity Executive  offices said fully boosted passengers can not get tested at the dock. My hotel at Civi. has failed to get me a test appointment for 2 weeks locally snd is trying again.  Something is wrong there!

1 hour ago, Random Cruizer said:

One option is getting tested at the Rome Airport if you are arriving on Friday--I might do that for a backup if the hotel bit doesn't work that night.  Terminal 3 at the Rome Airport has testing, though it isn't free.

That’s my back up too arriving on a Sunday morning. Already filled out the pre register info sheet for it. It’s open 7 days a week.

Hi

We are starting cruise on Monday 16th May from Civitavecchia. We are flying from the UK in to Pisa on the Saturday, so 2 days before. It is our intention to take tests with us that will be done supervised online from our hotel on the Sunday morning. We intend to buy them from C19 testing who we have used before, and we know are easy to use and reliable, and are the Which? recommended provider in the UK and on the UK government approved list. They are not, however, on the US FDA list. We can't get an answer from Celebrity as to whether that provider is acceptable. Which tests are others from UK taking to use ? Does anyone know if it matters who you get the tests from as long as they are supervised ?

Many thanks

On 4/20/2022 at 9:37 AM, Megabear2 said:

We have been directed to the UK Government site by Celebrity to purchase video tests to take with us.  My hotel in Rome has offered to book us a Friday test at a local testing clinic at the main railway station if we need it.  I also understand you can book tests via some websites such as Firstmed or Doctors in Rome.

Megabear, just read your post. So, did Celebrity say to you that you can use an video supervised test as long as the provider is on the Gov.uk recommended list ? Many thanks

33 minutes ago, mimlypops said:

Megabear, just read your post. So, did Celebrity say to you that you can use an video supervised test as long as the provider is on the Gov.uk recommended list ? Many thanks

Doctors in Rome site says results in 48 hours and presume Celebrity need them on boarding. I had tests booked early morning on embarkation close to our overnight hotel in Civitavecchia, now they tell me results can be up to 24 hours, so again might not be available on embarkation. Would have been so much easier if we could have remained with our re-booked tests at Heathrow which would have been within 48 hours which was originally the requirement for Italy. At the moment it all seems like a losing battle.

3 minutes ago, B x said:

Doctors in Rome site says results in 48 hours and presume Celebrity need them on boarding. I had tests booked early morning on embarkation close to our overnight hotel in Civitavecchia, now they tell me results can be up to 24 hours, so again might not be available on embarkation. Would have been so much easier if we could have remained with our re-booked tests at Heathrow which would have been within 48 hours which was originally the requirement for Italy. At the moment it all seems like a losing battle.

When Celebrity announced the protocols for Europe cruises Italy was 1 day prior for testing. Has been like that since the beginning. I would love for it to change to 2 days so we can test before we leave the US and be good for the cruise. If it doesn’t change, which I doubt it will in the next 2 weeks, we will test in the US and then 15 hours later test again in Rome. 

1 hour ago, Purplsmurf said:

When Celebrity announced the protocols for Europe cruises Italy was 1 day prior for testing. Has been like that since the beginning. I would love for it to change to 2 days so we can test before we leave the US and be good for the cruise. If it doesn’t change, which I doubt it will in the next 2 weeks, we will test in the US and then 15 hours later test again in Rome. 

Makes it all such a faff, would be so nice if they laid down some sensible guidelines that were consistent for all passengers and test at the dock which is what I understand some cruise lines have planned for Summer Med departures.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Purplsmurf said:

It was definitely 2 days originally, knowing Celebrity, they probably just got it wrong.

I had an email from Celebrity on 7th April with the checklist for my upcoming cruise on 2nd May. It stated "present a negative Antigen or PCR test conducted within two days of boarding the ship." Myself and several others also, booked tests to meet this requirement only to find when a second email arrived on 14th April that the requirement had changed to 1 day prior to boarding. 

Luckily I had not paid for the tests I booked, but others were not so lucky. I waited another week to see if it would change again before cancelling and rebooking tests.

9 minutes ago, laslomas said:

It was definitely 2 days originally, knowing Celebrity, they probably just got it wrong.

I had an email from Celebrity on 7th April with the checklist for my upcoming cruise on 2nd May. It stated "present a negative Antigen or PCR test conducted within two days of boarding the ship." Myself and several others also, booked tests to meet this requirement only to find when a second email arrived on 14th April that the requirement had changed to 1 day prior to boarding. 

Luckily I had not paid for the tests I booked, but others were not so lucky. I waited another week to see if it would change again before cancelling and rebooking tests.

Interesting. We sail after you and our email said 1 day before. I thought I read somewhere that incorrect emails were sent out saying  2 days before, but they were quickly retracted. The Celebrity website has also said one day since they posted their protocols around April 11. Who knows? 😂🤷🏻‍♀️

3 hours ago, mimlypops said:

3 hours ago, mimlypops said:

Yes that's correct. They told me it was easiest thing to do.  I've booked tests for the Friday midmorning.

If it goes wrong my hotel indicates a walk in at Central Station as a backup.

2 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

Yes that's correct. They told me it was easiest thing to do.  I've booked tests for the Friday midmorning.

If it goes wrong my hotel indicates a walk in at Central Station as a backup.

OK thank you very much. Who did you decide to buy your tests from ? We feel happy with C19 as we have used them before. All so stressful this ! 

6 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

I'm using Collinson as they offer the correct test with a guaranteed time. For what it's worth they are also recommended on P&O site. My T/A checked and apparently they are reliable.

OK thank you. Good luck, hope everything goes well for you and you have a great holiday