Italy cruises testing

Susanb10567

2 minutes ago, Random Cruizer said:

OK--here's what's on the Rome airport's website--

Please note:
1. Access to the testing area is only permitted for passengers in possession of a ticket and staff in possession of an airport badge
2. The service will be guaranteed for rapid antigen tests from 00:01 to 20:00
3. The service will be guaranteed for PCR swabs from 08:00 to 16:00.

Seems weird-- 1 min to 20 HOURS for the rapid?  8 hours to 16 ours for PCR swabs?

Aren't they they times they are open, not test result times?

I messaged Celebrity re testing for Italy & was told that the Antigen test has to be 1 day prior to sailing e.g. if sailing on 3rd June the test paperwork has to show testing was done on 2nd June

For cruises out of Southampton it is 2 days prior to sailing

• Thanks 1

We moved our flight up a day to accommodate the 1-day negative testing requirement and yes, it was two days when we booked. Our plan is to be tested at the Rome airport on Sunday before sailing Monday, May 23. The FCO Web site makes it appear easy and fast. I wonder if we can count on that information? I hate the thought of doing tests proctored over the Internet. Dropped connections mid-test, etc., makes it daunting, at least for us. I guess we'll pack self-administered tests in case the airport thing bombs. BTW, we're up-to-date and neither myself our or TA could get a consistent answer from Celebrity if they would test us at the port if all else fails. TA was told no, I was told yes. Frustrating and disconcerting.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, cruisingaussies said:

Of course, if you're flying  into Rome it isn't difficult.  There are many people who are not, which is the main purpose of this thread.  Don't assume that every passenger is only flying in for the cruise.  We'll be in the middle of a long trip to Europe and will be in Italy for almost a month before we board the ship.

Really? Did you even read my whole post? Yes, we will be testing at the airport, but if you read it to the end I stated that  there are many places that offer testing. Don’t jump down my throat without reading everything.

5 hours ago, s100onn said:

Hi

We are one the same sailing as you and flying from Manchester on the Sunday morning. We had an email from Dave in Celebrity Protocol Queries as below:

"Following your covid related query I can confirm that Celebrity Cruises are looking for something called a 'fit to fly' certificate dated the day before you sail.

This can be any kind of covid test as long as it is observed by a healthcare professional. As you may be required to take the test whilst in Italy, below are some options available to you. 
The companies in the following list can deliver a test to you, which you can take with you to Italy, then you can schedule a video call for a time that suits you and get the certficate digitally
  Below that I have also included a link to a worldwide portal for finding test locations which you can book online

Please see below for a list of options for suppliers of antigen tests and 'fit to fly' certificates. 

Find testing locations for sailings outside UK

Hi s100onn, thank you very much for posting that. It is re-assuring to know that uk based online supervised will be fine but it's put me in a bit of a quandry re which supplier. We have used C19 testing a few times and they have been superb and quick so we had confidence that they wouldn't let us down. Surprised why they are not on the list as they are the which? recommended provider. I'll have a look at the ones on your list........We are flying into Pisa on the Saturday and getting the train to Civi on the Sunday so intend to do our online supervised test from hotel in Pisa before we get the train. We will all deserve a massive cocktail once on board, after all of this !! Hope everything goes well for you. 

2 hours ago, B x said:

In answer yes, a friend did it just yesterday and messaged me as promised. They arrived at Fiumicino mid PM and attended their booked appointment, that was almost 24 hours ago and they are still waiting for their results (Antigen). She said the test centre closes at 8pm and last testing appointment offered when they booked a couple of weeks ago was 7.30pm so something to bear in mid if you have late flights prior to embarkation day. 

I was interested to know how it all worked as now that I have our boarding time of 11am I guess tests will need doing after 11am the previous day to be within 24 hours. There still seems to be no guidance if Celebrity will allow one to board if tests haven't come through as in the case of my friend. I have asked TA this question, he in turn spoke to Celebrity and said the feedback was as clear as mud with no specific yes or no.

The website has a pre testing application but it is not an appointment. That is done once your there and present the form. The testing should only be 30 minutes for results. I would guess your friend ran into problems because of the late time. Both my arrival and departure is in the morning.

Hello All and thanks in advance to any help you can provide.

My friend are I are sailing on Oceania out of Ravenna (instead of Venice) on May 7th.

We are flying into Venice the day before, staying at a hotel arranged by Oceania and apparently will be taken to Ravenna the morning of the 7th - this is not clear to me yet but we'll see.

Our agent told us we could get our covid tests no sooner than this Wed the 4th here in the US, so that's what we're planning to do.

Then flying to Italy Thurs May 5, arriving in Venice May 6.

Those of you flying into Rome seem to have more or different information, as you are discussing where and how to get covid tests once in Rome.

And every now and then pier side testing rears its ugly head - is that in addition to any prior testing in our country of origin?

So confusing - and is there a possibility that Italy might change the rules on May 1?

5 minutes ago, jsl51 said:

Hello All and thanks in advance to any help you can provide.

My friend are I are sailing on Oceania out of Ravenna (instead of Venice) on May 7th.

We are flying into Venice the day before, staying at a hotel arranged by Oceania and apparently will be taken to Ravenna the morning of the 7th - this is not clear to me yet but we'll see.

Our agent told us we could get our covid tests no sooner than this Wed the 4th here in the US, so that's what we're planning to do.

Then flying to Italy Thurs May 5, arriving in Venice May 6.

Those of you flying into Rome seem to have more or different information, as you are discussing where and how to get covid tests once in Rome.

And every now and then pier side testing rears its ugly head - is that in addition to any prior testing in our country of origin?

So confusing - and is there a possibility that Italy might change the rules on May 1?

Exactly, as this possibility always exists...such a conundrum.  

18 hours ago, Purplsmurf said:

It’s not difficult at all. We will test at the airport when we arrive in Rome and get the results quickly. There are many places that offer the testing the day before and results are quick

Our day before is a Sunday. Not all pharmacies are open on a Sunday or if they are they close at 1pm. Though I understand that the airport has daily testing available.

We've moved our flight from early morning to late afternoon. By doing this we can have the test in our home  country and obviously won't travel if its a positive.  It means we're now arriving very late evening into Rome airport so have had to switch our hotel from Civitavecchia to the airport

Edited by sgmn

11 hours ago, Purplsmurf said:

Really? Did you even read my whole post? Yes, we will be testing at the airport, but if you read it to the end I stated that  there are many places that offer testing. Don’t jump down my throat without reading everything.

Many places that offer testing on a Sunday, apart from the airport? If you have details I'd be pleased if you would share.

15 hours ago, mimlypops said:

Hi s100onn, thank you very much for posting that. It is re-assuring to know that uk based online supervised will be fine but it's put me in a bit of a quandry re which supplier. We have used C19 testing a few times and they have been superb and quick so we had confidence that they wouldn't let us down. Surprised why they are not on the list as they are the which? recommended provider. I'll have a look at the ones on your list........We are flying into Pisa on the Saturday and getting the train to Civi on the Sunday so intend to do our online supervised test from hotel in Pisa before we get the train. We will all deserve a massive cocktail once on board, after all of this !! Hope everything goes well for you. 

Can’t wait for that first cocktail!

Not sure if this changes anything for you but Celebrity have now updated the Healthy At Sea page on their website to say testing is now 2 days before sailing. It will for us as we can now get test led in the Uk

• Like 1

1 minute ago, s100onn said:

Can’t wait for that first cocktail!

Not sure if this changes anything for you but Celebrity have now updated the Healthy At Sea page on their website to say testing is now 2 days before sailing. It will for us as we can now get test led in the Uk

Yes, I've just seen it ! It means we will probably now get tested at Mcr airport on Saturday before we fly. What a relief ! Planning my cocktails now 🙂

This is really good news.  I spent one hour and 38 minutes on the phone to Celebrity yesterday.  After a little persistence I was put on to a supervisor.  When I explained the problems the one day rule was causing for a lot of people sailing on Monday, he kept me on the line while he contacted Head Office, who promised they would look into it.  Seems like they did!

• Thanks 3

Help please!!

I have just been reviewing the new sailing requirements published yesterday.

It states that guests who have recovered from covid between 11-180 daysprior to the sail date can present a Certificate of Recovery and proof of positive PCR test in order to board.

Is that INSTEAD of the Antigen test or as well as? 

Sorry if I am being thick but it's not 100% clear to me!

Thank you.

• Thanks 1

I am not seeing an answer to your question within the wording....

Up to Date* Guests: Must present a negative Antigen test taken within 2 days prior to sailing. 

Guests who have recently recovered from COVID-19 may present a Certificate of Recovery and proof of the positive PCR test result taken between 11 and less than 180 days prior to the sail date in order to board.

2 hours ago, LoveChops said:

Help please!!

It states that guests who have recovered from covid between 11-180 daysprior to the sail date can present a Certificate of Recovery and proof of positive PCR test in order to board.

Thank you.

I believe so, but it does go on to say not all country's (ie ports along the cruise) will accept this, without actually saying which ones won't!

Your proof of catching it must be a pcr test

I had Omicron in Feb amd have my NHS app record as proof but will still get the antigen test 

Read today of one person who caught it twice ( different strains) within 20 days, some kind of record !!

So I believe it's prudent to still test seeing how this covid is sneaking onto the ships all to often 

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 2

Celebrity have just confirmed I do still need the antigen test. I also asked for reassurance that the test can be taken within 2 days now as per yesterdays update and the agent (on Messenger) came back and said 1 day for Italy!!!

It's so stressful not having absolute clarity on this.

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, LoveChops said:

Celebrity have just confirmed I do still need the antigen test. I also asked for reassurance that the test can be taken within 2 days now as per yesterdays update and the agent (on Messenger) came back and said 1 day for Italy!!!

It's so stressful not having absolute clarity on this.

lol when the website said one day when I was on the phone customer service they said two, now the website says two customer service says one

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, LoveChops said:

Help please!!

Thank you.

It should be instead of the antigen test, otherwise what is the point?  Several people have reported using the Cert of Recovery without difficulty on the thread linked below.  Also, today I am boarding the Apex with a recent PCR positive, a Certificate of Recovery, and a negative antigen test from Thursday in hand.  I am going to show the Certificate of Recovery first, and only bring out the negative antigen test if required.

Tom & Judy

Good news as previously posted here. Celebrity Health Requirements for embarkation have been updated.  They have changed the 1 day testing for Up To Date Guests to 2 days.  Makes the travel day before the cruise much less stressful.  They have also posted testing requirements for each cruise in Europe for those Fully Vaccinated ( 2 dose) but over the 270 day mark.  On my cruise (May 23rd) those folks will need to be tested 5 times (including embarkation) and if required for home Country re-entry another test at the end of the cruise.  They have lowered the testing costs from $55 to $42 per test.  We got our 2nd booster jab yesterday which will hopefully give us maximum protection on our travels.  Word of warning contacting Celebrity by phone.  If the answer to your question isn't in writing never assume the information relayed to you is correct.  I always send an E mail to the Celebrity Engagement Centre and await a reply in writing. 

• Like 3