Review: Wonder How This Will Go? The Sixth Sailing Ever of Wonder of the Seas

Good review, thanks for sharing.  One question, is there a weight or height limit on the zipline or waterslide?   I'm not exactly a small guy, but love the more thrilling activities such as rock wall climbing and such...

Thanks.

Great review as always. The issue with the trams is concerning. Seniors and people with mobility issues need to have priority. We will be at the beach club this September. I sure hope the service issues are better and if I'm served an overcook filet I'm sending it back. No excuse for that. 

So glad you had a great trip. I look forward to your next adventure. Cheers!

On 5/6/2022 at 3:29 AM, soremekun said:

Does you daughter feel the cast and scooter diminished her enjoyment of the vacation?

i mean is obviously had an impact,  but she had a great time.   Her biggest issue was the number of people who kept pushing past her and not being courteous to the fact that she needed a few extra moments or space.

It's a lesson in the fact that not everyone is considerate.

• Like 2

On 5/6/2022 at 7:38 AM, LEMJMcC said:

Good review, thanks for sharing.  One question, is there a weight or height limit on the zipline or waterslide?   I'm not exactly a small guy, but love the more thrilling activities such as rock wall climbing and such...

Thanks.

There is one on the zip line for sure...  265 is what I remember.

Slides differ per slide and per ship.    I didn't slide on Wonder so I don't remember.

On 5/6/2022 at 10:10 AM, Sea Dog said:

Great review as always. The issue with the trams is concerning. Seniors and people with mobility issues need to have priority. We will be at the beach club this September. I sure hope the service issues are better and if I'm served an overcook filet I'm sending it back. No excuse for that. 

So glad you had a great trip. I look forward to your next adventure. Cheers!

Yeah i never had to use services for those with mobility issues so I don't know how RCI compares to anywhere else, but I had wished there were more people standing at the ready to help.

The filet was overcooked, but honestly we waited so long I was just ready to dive in.   I was fine with it.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, RCCL Fan said:

Yeah i never had to use services for those with mobility issues so I don't know how RCI compares to anywhere else, but I had wished there were more people standing at the ready to help.

I will say that as a part-time user of mobility devices, I've had pretty good luck with RCI in that regard. I'm sorry that your experience was less successful. Hopefully it was a bit of a fluke, and I'm very glad that your daughter didn't let it ruin her trip!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, RCCL Fan said:

i mean is obviously had an impact,  but she had a great time.   Her biggest issue was the number of people who kept pushing past her and not being courteous to the fact that she needed a few extra moments or space.

It's a lesson in the fact that not everyone is considerate.

My husband tore his achilles tendon on a cruise.  The maitre d in the dining room told us to arrive a bit early each night and he personally wheeled my husband to our table (they said a wheelchair would be more stable than crutches following his tear).  However, I was astounded at the number of people who would race us to the elevator entrance 😢  Like you said, not everyone is considerate!

On 5/7/2022 at 6:41 PM, RCCL Fan said:

There is one on the zip line for sure...  265 is what I remember.

Slides differ per slide and per ship.    I didn't slide on Wonder so I don't remember.

I would like to comment that the Zip line on Wonder is safer than the other ships.

I did the Wonder on week 6 and then last week was on the Symphony.  I noticed that the Zip on SOS was more abrupt on stopping and folks crashed into the foot area.

Wonder has a nicer slow down and easier stopping.  I spoke to the zip line folks on SOS and they too would like to have the same technology for Zip line.  They are hoping SOS gets in dry dock in 2023.

I too would give Mason Jar a C or perhaps a C+.  I felt like the waffles and chicken were off a bit.

The waffles I had were thin and they should have been thicker and crunchier.  The chicken had too much fat on it.   I did like the bread though.

Also Wonder has the best solarium of the Oasis class.  All enclosed and quiet and climate controlled.

BUT, for me the Windjammer setup is odd.  And the food on Symphony was much better and it was located on deck 16 overlooking the back of ship which Wonder did not have same view.  SOS had full view of golf course and the back of ship.

toodles