Oasis May 1 2022 cruise No Aqua Theatre

We booked an aqua theatre suite specifically to watch the shows from our balcony. Just found out, after asking as the show was never listed in available activities, there will be no shows this week. They have a new cast that has to practice. nothing to do with Covid. I understand practicing, especially from a safety pert. But why not practice when they were sailing from Florida to NJ. Or practice on last cruise out of Florida during the times the show wasn’t performing?  No notice from Royal prior to sailing when they knew this would be the case. Very, very disappointed. My 91 year dad is beyond disappointed. 

1 minute ago, Sandyandgretal said:

We booked an aqua theatre suite specifically to watch the shows from our balcony.

Even outside of the COVID era, don't book something for a single reason (like show or the location of the balcony or port) which could easily be eliminated/cancelled. The lack of show (BTW, for two weeks not just your sailing) was already reported in another thread.

Shows, either Aqua/Ice/Production have often been canceled  since the return.  ( even pre covid if sea/weather conditions cased a cancellation). 

Since the return, they don't announce  that a show won't happen, it simply isn't listed on the entertainment schedule.  If a show is scheduled and sea/weather conditions case the cancellation, they will make an announcement and try to let you know when (if) it will be rescheduled.  

Some shows have not yet returned, and a few have returned  for a  cruise, but then taken off the schedule fore the next one. 

I understand your  disappointment.  See if there is  an aqua showcase, a short  display of a dive/synchronized   swim and some dancing. 

M

Thank you to all replied. I’ve cruised many times and understand nothing is guaranteed. I just thought that as passengers are booking aqua theatre suites, at a good expense,  if the show won’t be performing, we’d be notified. I’m just upset because my dad is so disappointed. Otherwise the ship is beautiful and I’m trying to keep pointing out all the many positives.  Take care.  

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, Sandyandgretal said:

Thank you to all replied. I’ve cruised many times and understand nothing is guaranteed. I just thought that as passengers are booking aqua theatre suites, at a good expense,  if the show won’t be performing, we’d be notified. I’m just upset because my dad is so disappointed. Otherwise the ship is beautiful and I’m trying to keep pointing out all the many positives.  Take care.  

Do you have a Genie? Maybe they can come up with something else that your dad would enjoy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sandyandgretal said:

They should at least be replacing it with something.  Maybe some diving only mini shows, trampoline acts, etc.  They could at least do some things to create some entertainment.  Maybe music shows out there to make up for it.  Maybe a family comedy show.  Lots they could do out there.  Cruise director needs to get creative and do their job.  

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, ownedbypets said:

Do you have a Genie? Maybe they can come up with something else that your dad would enjoy.

Ask the genie to do the high dive for your entertainment.  😂😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Even outside of the COVID era, don't book something for a single reason (like show or the location of the balcony or port) which could easily be eliminated/cancelled. The lack of show (BTW, for two weeks not just your sailing) was already reported in another thread.

I’m sure they booked their suite long ago, so finding out the Aqua show wouldn’t take place a week or two before their cruise wouldn’t have helped them.

To @SandyandgretalI really feel for you  and your dad.  I hope you can at least watch Aqua rehearsals from your balcony.

I don’t understand why the performers weren’t prepared for their shows.  It seems like poor planning by Royal.

• 8 months later...
24 minutes ago, luckyinpa said:

just wanted to point out again for people looking forward to the show probably dont book the 1st may cruise!

this thread is almost a year old now. aqua show been back for many months now

alot of has between 2022 and now

I hold my breath and hope for the best on every cruise I take.  I've been disappointed with many things like my first cruise ever was supposed to go to Panama Canal Zone, that was the main reason for taking a cruise.  It was canceled because of a hurricane.  Well, thankfully it was rescheduled on the second day as the hurricane move out faster then they though.  I've had several shows canceled for various reasons.  Also other ports of call canceled due to weather (Roatan, twice and Coco Cay)  So, now I just cross my fingers, legs, raise my hands, and move on.  It is what it is.  BTW, all cancelations were totally and completely justified and in most cases, I was happy they did, for safety reasons.  But, like someone else said, never book a cruise for one activity.  

4 hours ago, shof515 said:

this thread is almost a year old now. aqua show been back for many months now

alot of has between 2022 and now

The point is that at some point the cast end their contract and another cast take over.  Unlike a production show that can be rehearsed on any stage, even on land, the Aqua Show cast need to rehearse in that specific venue on the ship.  Yes, there may be some overlap on sailings where the old cast is still performing the show while the new cast is learning the show during off hours, but it may not be a simple as flipping a switch for the new cast to be immediately ready to perform the show when the old casts' contracts end.

A screw-up in an Aqua Show could be dangerous or even deadly, so if there's any doubt the new cast isn't ready to perform,  RC will undoubtedly cancel shows before putting the cast in danger. 

The only time we did an Oasis class ship was Allure straight after a dry dock. Mamma Mia wasn't on for our cruise or the next one due to new cast and rehearsals. It is disappointing, doubly so as you bought an expensive aqua suite to be able to watch the shows,  but these things happen I guess 

Edited by sgmn

13 hours ago, luckyinpa said:

just wanted to point out again for people looking forward to the show probably dont book the 1st may cruise! i booked the 3rd week and hope they have enough practice to do the show a lot as i booked my 1st aqua suite!

what makes you think its always the same week?