EMERALD PRINCESS - ISOLATION CABINS?

High C's

Is anyone able to advise which deck/cabin block is currently being used on Emerald Princess?

We have a mini suite on Emerald deck booked for our BI cruise in August.  These cabins usually sell out VERY quickly, but for our sailing there are several that are still available.  Which makes me nervous that perhaps everyone else knows something I don't!!!! LOL

Any info would be greatly appreciated 🙂

When we were on the Emerald in March, all isolation cabins were on Dolphin deck, actually more toward the front on Port side.  We also had a mini-suite on Deck 8 (Emerald) at the rear of the ship, E731. We absolutely loved this cabin as it was the extra long balcony located at rear of the ship.  Nice and quiet in that area and had the best room steward also for our 10-day cruise. 

In February, the Emerald was using the entire Aloha Deck.  On its sister ship, the Caribbean Princess, in looking what rooms have been able to book for our upcoming cruises, they seem to have blocked off half the Aloha deck (port side).

It seems the Grand class ships (and its subclasses have been using Aloha).  Royal class ships seem to have been using Dolphin deck.

28 minutes ago, 13cheermom said:

When we were on the Emerald in March, all isolation cabins were on Dolphin deck, actually more toward the front on Port side.  We also had a mini-suite on Deck 8 (Emerald) at the rear of the ship, E731. We absolutely loved this cabin as it was the extra long balcony located at rear of the ship.  Nice and quiet in that area and had the best room steward also for our 10-day cruise. 

They were using the deck with most of the mini-suites as the isolation deck for your cruise?  That seems odd as it would be a bigger loss of revenue than using standard balcony rooms.

19 minutes ago, prmssk said:

They were using the deck with most of the mini-suites as the isolation deck for your cruise?  That seems odd as it would be a bigger loss of revenue than using standard balcony rooms.

I am so sorry I misspoke, you are correct it was Aloha on Emerald.  I have been researching a Regal Princess itinerary, and they are the ones using Dolphin deck for isolation.  Hoping by next year these cabins won't be needed. 😉

• Like 1

On our February cruise on the Emerald, we were in Isolation hell.  It was on Aloha Deck.  The covid positive cases (Red Zone) was on the forward, Port side.  Quarantine cabins for crew was on the forward, Starboard side.

53 minutes ago, LACruiser88 said:

On our February cruise on the Emerald, we were in Isolation hell.  It was on Aloha Deck.  The covid positive cases (Red Zone) was on the forward, Port side.  Quarantine cabins for crew was on the forward, Starboard side.

Yikes.  Sorry to hear that. 😞

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LACruiser88 said:

This is a photo of the new Isolation cabins on most ships now. 😳 😳

Tony

5D552EDA-29D5-40CA-B8B5-9047247F953E.jpeg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, LACruiser88 said:

Could you share your experience?  The chance of being in COVID jail and not receiving proper treatment or service makes me nervous about sailing  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, mthomp5 said:

Could you share your experience?  The chance of being in COVID jail and not receiving proper treatment or service makes me nervous about sailing  

I tested positive during an Antigen b2b test and was asymptomatic.  They came to our cabin and re-tested me with a PCR test, which was also positive.

We were immediately moved to an isolation cabin via a service elevator and staff in HazMat suits.

The balcony cabin had not been in use and the AC was turned on as we entered the cabin.  It was 95 degrees in the cabin.  I noticed that the AC was barely blowing air.  We were then told that the AC fan had been defaulted to low to avoid air contamination between cabins.

We then had cold dinner delivered in cardboard disposable containers with bamboo utensils.  We spent the night with the balcony door wide open, as it was much cooler outside.

Luckily for us, we were disembarked the following morning in Ft Lauderdale and spent 5 days in isolation at a very nice Marriott hotel in Coral Springs.

We cannot imagine how we could have spent 5 days in that cabin!

We had Princess insurance (AON) and filed a claim on March 3rd.  As of today, we have been reimbursed for the hotel, flight change fees and for the last day of the cruise.

We were just told by AON that the $100 pp, per day, isolation meal allowance is not their responsibility and that we need to make a claim with Princess for reimbursement.

We are still waiting for the $10k for the 14 day cruise we were not able to complete.  Not a fun situation.

I almost forgot, if you test positive onboard, make sure not to disembark without the full report from the medical center.  We were not told that we needed this for our insurance claim.  We had to jump through several hoops a few weeks ago to obtain the 5 page report from the Carnival Corp Medical Records Dept.

I have to add that even with this experience, we have cruised on Princess several times since and will continue to cruise with them.  We are now more knowledgeable as to how things work with covid cases.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Lucky TGO said:

This is a photo of the new Isolation cabins on most ships now. 😳 😳

Tony

5D552EDA-29D5-40CA-B8B5-9047247F953E.jpeg

Will we still be able to use our drink package??? 🙂

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, bjkTX said:

Will we still be able to use our drink package??? 🙂

Sorry there is no alcohol drinking in the new upgraded isolation cabins and there is no refund on the drink package. 😳 😁😁

Tony

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, LACruiser88 said:

I tested positive during an Antigen b2b test and was asymptomatic.  They came to our cabin and re-tested me with a PCR test, which was also positive.

We were immediately moved to an isolation cabin via a service elevator and staff in HazMat suits.

The balcony cabin had not been in use and the AC was turned on as we entered the cabin.  It was 95 degrees in the cabin.  I noticed that the AC was barely blowing air.  We were then told that the AC fan had been defaulted to low to avoid air contamination between cabins.

We then had cold dinner delivered in cardboard disposable containers with bamboo utensils.  We spent the night with the balcony door wide open, as it was much cooler outside.

Luckily for us, we were disembarked the following morning in Ft Lauderdale and spent 5 days in isolation at a very nice Marriott hotel in Coral Springs.

We cannot imagine how we could have spent 5 days in that cabin!

We had Princess insurance (AON) and filed a claim on March 3rd.  As of today, we have been reimbursed for the hotel, flight change fees and for the last day of the cruise.

We were just told by AON that the $100 pp, per day, isolation meal allowance is not their responsibility and that we need to make a claim with Princess for reimbursement.

We are still waiting for the $10k for the 14 day cruise we were not able to complete.  Not a fun situation.

I almost forgot, if you test positive onboard, make sure not to disembark without the full report from the medical center.  We were not told that we needed this for our insurance claim.  We had to jump through several hoops a few weeks ago to obtain the 5 page report from the Carnival Corp Medical Records Dept.

I have to add that even with this experience, we have cruised on Princess several times since and will continue to cruise with them.  We are now more knowledgeable as to how things work with covid cases.

Thank you for sharing!  Ugh…95 degrees is unbearable.  Thank goodness you were able to disembark the next day!

• Like 2

I tested negative after experiencing strep throat symptoms but I still had to quarantine for 24 hours until I could get tested the next day. DH had no symptoms but still had to be tested. Since he was negative he could go out and about. 
We ordered food and drink  from television room service apps. I had to go out on our balcony before they would come in our cabin with the tray. We ate on the balcony using that table. Since we were in the Caribbean it wasn’t bad. 
Our regular room steward was not allowed in our room. The housekeeping staff arranged for a different person to take care of the cabin while we sat on the balcony. 
Don’t know how this would work without a balcony.

After we were notified by telephone of my second negative test I was cleared to leave my cabin. They did not take my medallion so I still had it.

Thankfully my experience was only for 24 hours. Cannot imagine how boring it could get. 

Also, on this cruise small Square  tables popped up outside cabin doors on our deck 10. Rumors were that they were used by room service to sit trays on for quarantined passengers. Don’t know if they ran out of quarantine area cabins or what.

About 5 days before we disembarked Everyone received a letter with a few face masks telling us that we had Covid cases on board. From then on we had to wear masks while indoors. They also cut out service at bars. We had to sit at a table for service. 
For more details on other personal experiences go to the April 16 sailing on Emerald Princess. Lots of unhappy folks.

10 hours ago, Lucky TGO said:

Sorry there is no alcohol drinking in the new upgraded isolation cabins and there is no refund on the drink package. 😳 😁😁

Tony

Wow - cruising ain't easy any more!!! 🙂

• Haha 1

I was quarantined on Aloha deck, starboard side with a balcony. I had no problem using my alcohol package. A friend in iso without the package had no problem ordering drinks. They will not issue any refund because they said we could order all we wanted.

Aloha deck balconies were used for isolation.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, spunks said:

I was quarantined on Aloha deck, starboard side with a balcony. I had no problem using my alcohol package. A friend in iso without the package had no problem ordering drinks. They will not issue any refund because they said we could order all we wanted.

Aloha deck balconies were used for isolation.

Did they limit it to one drink per order. If I'm locked up, it will be "Good Morning, with my breakfast 15 Fosters Oil cans, I'd like a few pieces of bacon". Wouldn't care about the rest of the day.

On the day before disembarkation in Southampton (4.30), I walked entirely around Dolphin deck and counted 21 tables sitting in front of cabin doors. Wasn't curious enough to do the same on the other decks.  

• 1 month later...
On 5/8/2022 at 11:24 AM, Bgwest said:

On the day before disembarkation in Southampton (4.30), I walked entirely around Dolphin deck and counted 21 tables sitting in front of cabin doors. Wasn't curious enough to do the same on the other decks.  

We’re you tested to fly home? On board or disembarkation day?