Cannot make final payment as website down for maintenence

Jmox84

Today is final payment date for one of our booked cruises.  We just tried to log on 30min ago to pay and cannot do so. The website is undergoing maintence.  Chat is closed this time of night and when I call and hit the prompt for 'make a credit card payment' I find out that department is closed too.  So....no options to pay!  Not good Princess...

What can I expect to happen in this scenario? Will the booking disappear? Will they honor it tomorrow? So frustrated!

39 minutes ago, Jmox84 said:

What can I expect to happen in this scenario?

You can expect that your booking will be automatically cancelled overnight and you will need to contact Princess to rebook. 

• Like 1

Princess 800 will also be closed on Sunday.  I am not sure if chat will be available.  If the credit department was closed today, they will likely be closed tomorrow.  

I would check online on Sunday to see if your booking is still there.  I would call at 8 AM PDT on Monday to reach a customer service rep and plead my case.  

This disclaimer has been on the Princess.com page for a few days.  As @brisaltamentioned, keep trying until midnight.  

This is why my TA always requires me to make final payment a week in advance.

Sections of our website will be unavailable due to scheduled maintenance between 09:00PM PDT on 5/7 and 03:00AM PDT on 5/8

• Like 3

Had the same problem yesterday, been trying to make the final payment for 2 days, finally as a last ditch measure decided to phone Princess, who much to my amazement answered within 10 minutes and was given the option of paying over the phone, within 10 minutes payment had been made and received the confirmatory email

• Like 4

5 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

This is why my TA always requires me to make final payment a week in advance.

I think most if not all TAs do the same thing leaving a window where you can be late according to the date told to you by the TA but not late according to the cruise line. 

• Like 2

Update - booking still exists this morning so it would appear that either nothing cancels on a Sunday or Princess was well aware that the maintenence would cause issues  and auto extended.  Either way, all is well.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, hotdogworm said:

Supposedly, nothing cancels over the weekend or on holidays.

That is correct, if your final payment date falls on a weekend you have until that Monday. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, vjmatty said:

That is correct, if your final payment date falls on a weekend you have until that Monday. 

This is great news for OP. Thank you for sharing, this is a good thing to know, and also a cautionary tale to watch those final payment dates closely.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jmox84 said:

Update - booking still exists this morning so it would appear that either nothing cancels on a Sunday or Princess was well aware that the maintenance would cause issues  and auto extended.  Either way, all is well.

You should be able to do that payment on Monday, but by now you probably realize next time to do it on Thursday or Friday latest just in case of any issues.  What's another day or two early just to be safe in case of "whatever"?  We are usually paying a week early or the TA gets antsy. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

You should be able to do that payment on Monday, but by now you probably realize next time to do it on Thursday or Friday latest just in case of any issues.  What's another day or two early just to be safe in case of "whatever"?  We are usually paying a week early or the TA gets antsy. 

Absolutely. And the chances are paying by credit card that that day or two or even week won't matter as to when the payment becomes due. Unless you are right at the border of one pay period and another it will not matter at all.

• Like 1