We have the Edge, Apex, Beyond & Ascent, what do you think the 5th E-Class ship will be named?

NutsAboutGolf

30 minutes ago, WonderMan3 said:

I like Luxe as a ship name but would prefer Celebrity save that for their next round of ships and call it Luxe Class. Maybe with other ships to follow being Grand, Supreme, Prime and Ultra.

Luxe seems least likely to me for this series. Luxe (or really Lux) would have fit in better with S class. Excel and Vertex are the most recent trademark filings. Luxe was done all the way back in 2018, Excel was from Sept 2022 and they just filed for Vertex a few weeks ago. 

Edited by paulh84

2 minutes ago, paulh84 said:

Luxe seems least likely to me for this series. Luxe (or really Lux) would have fit in better with S class. Excel and Vertex are the most recent trademark filings. Luxe was done all the way back in 2018, Excel was from Nov 201

Pinnacle would make the most sense for me to finish off Edge class. It was a registered name at one point. Not sure if it still is.

6 minutes ago, WonderMan3 said:

Pinnacle would make the most sense for me to finish off Edge class. It was a registered name at one point. Not sure if it still is.

Pinnacle is now dead. They filed it around the time Beyond was originally filed. Vertex makes sense although slightly confusing assuming many people would call it Vortex instead Vertex. 

: the top of the head

: the point opposite to and farthest from the base in a figure
: a point (as of an angle, polygon, polyhedron, graph, or network) that terminates a line or curve or comprises the intersection of two or more lines or curves
: a point where an axis of an ellipse, parabola, or hyperbola intersects the curve itself
:a principal or highest point : Summit

23 hours ago, mari10 said:

Captain Kate alluded to the name being 5 letters and highest peak. 
I mentioned Crest, she just smiled and fielded another response. 

like the  toothpaste? with or without flouriide ?

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/19/2023 at 3:14 PM, paulh84 said:

Luxe seems least likely to me for this series. Luxe (or really Lux) would have fit in better with S class. Excel and Vertex are the most recent trademark filings. Luxe was done all the way back in 2018, Excel was from Sept 2022 and they just filed for Vertex a few weeks ago. 

Not to pat myself on the back, but....

IMG_0760.jpeg

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Thanks for posting; if I could bet in the name, I’d go with Excel is going to win just because it’s a more familiar word

I do think it's kind of a dumb name. Vertex makes sense in the naming scheme but people would call in Vortex which makes no sense at all. Maybe it's a Vortex of complaints, but that camp of people seems to have moved on in recent days. Thankfully. 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, paulh84 said:

I do think it's kind of a dumb name. Vertex makes sense in the naming scheme but people would call in Vortex which makes no sense at all. Maybe it's a Vortex of complaints, but that camp of people seems to have moved on in recent days. Thankfully. 

It really says something about X when they say "we don't want to be responsible for picking the name so YOU pick"

• Haha 1