Princess Announces a 25% Teacher Appreciation Discount

Gretchendz

1 minute ago, tetleytea said:

Is this discount only for the actual teacher, or is it for the stateroom?

I supposed Christmas/New Years is all blacked out--like--you know--when the teachers aren't actually teaching?

It's applied to the first 2 guests in the stateroom

7 minutes ago, tetleytea said:

Is this discount only for the actual teacher, or is it for the stateroom?

I supposed Christmas/New Years is all blacked out--like--you know--when the teachers aren't actually teaching?

I did see a Christmas cruise listed.

10 hours ago, mvaldes140 said:

I just got off from talking to someone at Princess, and then they just told me that the promotion is only valid for the first cruise you book, and is not valid if you already have a cruise booked for this year.......... What the heck

We have a cruise booked and then added a second cruise using the discount.  You might want to talk to a different person 

15 minutes ago, stuprince said:

We have a cruise booked and then added a second cruise using the discount.  You might want to talk to a different person 

Ya, I was planning on calling Princess instead of dealing with the chat, it was more of a facepalm moment of it being ridiculous

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, mvaldes140 said:

I just got off from talking to someone at Princess, and then they just told me that the promotion is only valid for the first cruise you book, and is not valid if you already have a cruise booked for this year.......... What the heck

100% NOT true.

We have 2 Princess cruises booked this summer.

I booked one with the discount this Oct.

Was able to make other dummy bookings & still showing discount on last page.

38 minutes ago, KKB said:

100% NOT true.

We have 2 Princess cruises booked this summer.

I booked one with the discount this Oct.

Was able to make other dummy bookings & still showing discount on last page.

I pointed out that I read the terms & conditions of the promotion beforehand  and that it wasn't mentioned anywhere and his response was just "I assure you it is in our terms & conditions". I'm calling later today to get it applied though

• Like 1

Can someone please let me know which sailing this promo has worked on?  I was told by Princess that it's loaded into my account (never received an email) but after doing several dummy bookings, it's just not showing up.  To those who have had the good fortune of applying this 25% off, where did you see the deduction (i.e. by clicking on "applied promos", etc.)?

Thanks so much!

3 hours ago, CaliforniaCruiseCocktails said:

We’re both professors and got confirmation email May 22 but no discount code. I’ve had an extended courtesy hold on Alaska cruise (waiting for FCC credits from Covid cancellation sailing 5/31) but after 2 weeks no discount code. 

3 minutes ago, seagunthera said:

Can someone please let me know which sailing this promo has worked on?  I was told by Princess that it's loaded into my account (never received an email) but after doing several dummy bookings, it's just not showing up.  To those who have had the good fortune of applying this 25% off, where did you see the deduction (i.e. by clicking on "applied promos", etc.)?

Thanks so much!

I never got an email either.

OK, I was able to book a 4 day in Oct. on Sapphire.

Once I clicked thru to the final page of the reservation, the 25% showed up on THAT page.

($598 fair showed originally; $448 on that page).

So it was obviously applied.

We booked AK in Sept. 

Nope, no discount. I checked another AK cruise on another ship. Nope.

I was able to book it with a large online TA for about what the 25% off would have been.

I have looked at several other cruises, mostly in Nov (our only open month this year) & some showed the discount on the final page & others did not--clearly there are "select sailings" as the email said.

So in conlusion:

1--Clearly not all sailings are discounted. If you don't see a discount, you aren't getting it.

2--There is no promo code to enter. It appears to be attached to your account. When you get to the last page of the reservation, look at the cruise fare for each person. If it is one of the "select" sailings, the discount will be reflected at that time.

• Like 1

I just tried booking an Alaska cruise and requested if the discount can be applied.  The agent informed me the discount is already in my account and with the price quoted.  Nothing in the quote shows any discount applied and unfortunately when I was shopping online before the discount email was sent ,was a cheaper price with a better category.   Has anyone else been able to get the discount after the booking or is the discount truly attached to your account already for online booking? 

• Thanks 1

For those who have seen the discount when they check out, what does it say exactly?  I did a dummy booking for the 4 day October cruise on Sapphire that another poster received the discount on and nothing showed up for me.  This is frustrating.  

13 hours ago, seagunthera said:

For those who have seen the discount when they check out, what does it say exactly?  I did a dummy booking for the 4 day October cruise on Sapphire that another poster received the discount on and nothing showed up for me.  This is frustrating.  

You won't actually see the discount itself - when you go to the booking page, the fares will be reduced from the previous page. For example, if a balcony is $999pp, then on the booking page, you will see the fares for roughly $750pp instead.

11 minutes ago, oalusk said:

You won't actually see the discount itself - when you go to the booking page, the fares will be reduced from the previous page. For example, if a balcony is $999pp, then on the booking page, you will see the fares for roughly $750pp instead.

how could Princess not just duplicate the nurses and other providers promotion??  A specific link was sent to your email that you had to go thru to see the discounted cruises, the available cabins in the promotion and the price.  If you didn't go thru that email, the discount wasn't available 

Princess

16 minutes ago, voljeep said:

how could Princess not just duplicate the nurses and other providers promotion??  A specific link was sent to your email that you had to go thru to see the discounted cruises, the available cabins in the promotion and the price.  If you didn't go thru that email, the discount wasn't available

Because that would make too much sense?!  Especially since I don't remember any great outcries of difficulties booking those cruises.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

We are trying to get the teacher discount with Princess, but we are still getting the runaround from Princess.   I hope they understand it's a free market.  DW got her verification letter and we know about the discount code, but after being placed on hold with Princess for about 35 minutes we still don't know how to apply it...or if it is already being applied...whatever it is.

1 hour ago, Grover_ said:

I’m sorry for being dense here, but do I have to go all the way through the reservation process, entering my name etc to see the discount?

Idk at this point I think the discount is a myth, cause I haven't seen anything about it and it's been way longer than the 14 days it said I would get the email in. Also, I called and got the code for it and my TA couldn't find a single cruise that it applied to

1 hour ago, mvaldes140 said:

Idk at this point I think the discount is a myth, cause I haven't seen anything about it and it's been way longer than the 14 days it said I would get the email in. Also, I called and got the code for it and my TA couldn't find a single cruise that it applied to

I'm beginning to believe it's not even a discount.  I'm able to book a cruise on Holland or RCCL for the same date, same itinerary, same room category for less than Princess' post-discount price.   Why bang my head against the wall when I can just book elsewhere?

As said before, my discount did not show up until the final page with the summary of charges b4 officially booking.

AND it was NOT available on all cruises. You will KNOW when it is, as the cruise fare on that final page will reflect the discount.

2 hours ago, KKB said:

As said before, my discount did not show up until the final page with the summary of charges b4 officially booking.

AND it was NOT available on all cruises. You will KNOW when it is, as the cruise fare on that final page will reflect the discount.

What evil lurks in the minds of those who design this so you cannot tell at the start of a booking whether it is worth the effect to go all the way through the entire booking process to find out if the promotion applies?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, caribill said:

What evil lurks in the minds of those who design this so you cannot tell at the start of a booking whether it is worth the effect to go all the way through the entire booking process to find out if the promotion applies?

31 minutes ago, tetleytea said:

Agreed.   When I compared the cruise, I just logged into Princess as myself, slashed 25% off all the prices assuming a best-case scenario, and compared to Holland and RCCL.   Other lines were still cheaper.  

You don't have to actually book to see the price; just get to the last page of the booking.

But, I agree, messed up.

4 hours ago, KKB said:

You don't have to actually book to see the price; just get to the last page of the booking.

But, I agree, messed up.

But I'm sure you have to at least be logged in as the actual teacher and have the discount tied to your account.   My DW is the teacher (not me), and even if she did register for her own account on princess.com, I doubt this discount would just automatically be tied to her account.   You must have to do something.   What that is...I await for Princess to tell me.    tick...tick...tick...tick...

3 hours ago, tetleytea said:

But I'm sure you have to at least be logged in as the actual teacher and have the discount tied to your account.   My DW is the teacher (not me), and even if she did register for her own account on princess.com, I doubt this discount would just automatically be tied to her account.   You must have to do something.   What that is...I await for Princess to tell me.    tick...tick...tick...tick...

I had to submit my credentials in May to get verified that I am actually a teacher & it was connected to my Princess account. 

So, yes, you must be logged in, but you also had to be verified.