Live Caribbean Princess May 14th

Tak8

Ended 18 days on the Caribbean Princess on Saturday.  Hair dryers are on the wall above the desk.  Our cabin was on Aloha: no unpleasant smells or plumbing issues.  Yes there was a section on this deck cordoned off which we assumed was for quarantined cabins.  While we heard no talk of Covid cases on this cruise,   I assume there were some.  The crew was constantly masked, the passengers probably less than 20%.  While social distancing and greater separation of dining room tables was emphasized in the muster video, it was non existent.  Lots of cleaning going on constantly.  Service was fine, but we were at 60% capacity.   We had a good trip and came home healthy! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Let me answer a couple of questions first.  There is a free wine tasting for elite.  Oddly it is on the last sea day.  I say that because they usually use that to get you to the more upscale wine tasting.

Speaking of wine, maybe I am just unlucky but 4 of the red wines 12 and under that I tried to order were unavailable.  Last night I finally decided I'll order a bottle.  Guess what, not available.  

There doesn't seem to be a special event just for elites.  There is a Captains Circle party tonight at 715.

First time in Amber Cove.  I stayed at the pool area and had a good time.  The music can get a little loud if you stay at the bar/restaurant area.

Comedian  did a second show last night.

Here are the Patters for the first 4 days.

Camera_20220519_044851.thumb.jpg.1669c3cc20b682d599c19ad24cd722ea.jpg

Camera_20220519_044435.jpg

Camera_20220519_044512.jpg

Camera_20220519_044531.jpg

Camera_20220519_044541.jpg

Camera_20220519_044706.jpg

Camera_20220519_044717.jpg

Camera_20220519_044735.jpg

Edited by Tak8
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, crimsonbird said:

Hi.  We are Elite too and wondered if there was a wine tasting event?  Also..we recall the elite parties where drinks flowed freely.  Anything like these events happening?  We are on in a couple of weeks.  Thanks so much and regards.  

There usually is a complimentary wine tasting for Elites,but maybe they don’t have the inventory of wines onboard they need? A post above said it was on the last day of the cruise ,which maybe they had to figure out if they had enough wine to have it? I don’t remember it ever being the last day,but..... usually on a sea day though.

Captains Circle Party is the only place that I have ever had a drink,maybe two . Definitely didn’t flow freely,complimentary yes. The captains circle parties are still happening.

Champagne  waterfall is not happening as far as I know. They use to pass around awful tasting champagne for “ free” and pretty decent appetizers on that evening.( chocolate cake pops during Princess anniversary were my fav.)

Edited by arizonaperson

another odd question for anyone on board...I was just looking at the patters and it seems on the sea day there was no MDR open for lunch...also saw none listed as open on embarkation day....are they not doing lunch in one of the MDR on this cruise?

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, cruzrbachoua said:

another odd question for anyone on board...I was just looking at the patters and it seems on the sea day there was no MDR open for lunch...also saw none listed as open on embarkation day....are they not doing lunch in one of the MDR on this cruise?

I am interested in this question too. We enjoyed out embarkation lunch in the MDR when we cruised back in 2019 on CB. I still remember the coffee and nutella ice cream they had! 

• Thanks 1

Had dinner at Crown Grille last night (party of 4) and they knocked it out of the park!  Service is still struggling, but bottom line things are good.

Cheers

Edited by GonzoWCS
Spelling
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

For anyone previously or presently on board. Liam Stewart is the featured piano player nightly in Crooners. Do you feel he is a good entertainer? Does he get the crowd into his music?

Can someone please ask him if he will still be on board during the May 28 and/or June 4 sailing??

TIA

On 5/18/2022 at 10:55 AM, cltnccruisers said:

When did the FB poster sail?  We were on Caribbean in March and there were a couple of  mornings when the toilets didn't flush for some cabins.  Hopefully that was addressed during drydock.

We were on the last sailing of this ship.  One day in our aft cabin on Baja, the toilet wouldn't flush.  When I spoke to the steward, he said that they had worked on the water system during drydock, but still had a few tweaks to make.  It was fine the next time we returned to the cabin and remained okay.

• Like 1

Hi all,

I had booked a guarantee (the last option available) for a category BF balcony forward Lido/Riviera deck on an upcoming sailing. I just got an email that I was “upgraded” to cabin A636. Does anyone have a clear idea if this would in fact be close to the quarantine area or have any sewage smell issues I’ve heard talked about? I suppose there isn’t much I could do about the location now anyway but trying to gather if I need to be prepared for anything haha. Thank you!

Question answered first.  On embarkation day, a dining room was open.  None were open during sea days.

Tonight is the second formal night. 

Grand Turk was nice.  Lovely water and a little cooler than San Juan.  $30 for 2 chairs and umbrella.

Here are the patters for Amber Cove and Grand Turk.

Camera_20220519_163830.jpg

Camera_20220519_163838.jpg

Camera_20220519_163804.jpg

Camera_20220519_163815.jpg

4 hours ago, GonzoWCS said:

Had dinner at Crown Grille last night (party of 4) and they knocked it out of the park!  Service is still struggling, but bottom line things are good.

Cheers

Glad to know.  What did you order so we can copy you.  We were disappointed in the past so need some guidance. 

5 hours ago, GonzoWCS said:

Cheers

Happy to hear that it was good!  We have a reservation there a week from Sunday.  Will pack our patience and will look forward to a yummy meal.

2 hours ago, Tak8 said:

Question answered first.  On embarkation day, a dining room was open.  None were open during sea days.

Grand Turk was nice.  Lovely water and a little cooler than San Juan.  $30 for 2 chairs and umbrella.

That's a bummer about lunch on the sea days we were looking forward to it.

I thought the chairs we free on the beach by the dock in Grand Turk....did you go to the left or right when facing the beach?

9 minutes ago, cruzrbachoua said:

That's a bummer about lunch on the sea days we were looking forward to it.

I thought the chairs we free on the beach by the dock in Grand Turk....did you go to the left or right when facing the beach?

I’m confused. The only sea day, day 3, the Coral MDR was open for lunch. All other days the ship has been in port at some location. Sounds pretty normal to me.

Edited by Ken the cruiser

2 hours ago, Tak8 said:

Tonight is the second formal night. 

Here are the patters for Amber Cove and Grand Turk.

Camera_20220519_163830.jpg

Camera_20220519_163838.jpg

Camera_20220519_163804.jpg

Camera_20220519_163815.jpg

Are you sure you don’t have this backwards ?  We were on the Majestic a few weeks ago an lunch was available on sea days closed on port days 

1 hour ago, Ken the cruiser said:

I’m confused. The only sea day, day 3, the Coral MDR was open for lunch. All other days the ship has been in port at some location. Sounds pretty normal to me.

The poster said lunch not offered on sea day which is why I was bummed 

6 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

No problem. I’m just glad this misunderstanding has been resolved and a MDR continues to be open on sea days for lunch. 

Am I missing something the poster who is on the ship now said the mdr was not open on their sea day

24 minutes ago, cruzrbachoua said:

Am I missing something the poster who is on the ship now said the mdr was not open on their sea day

I’m just looking at the Day 3 (the only sea day so far) Patter in post #77 where it says the Coral MDR is open between 12 - 1:30, plus the fact that on sea days on pretty much any Princess cruise ship, a MDR will always be open for lunch. I can’t even imagine no one on a sea day, to include those in Club Class dining, not being allowed the opportunity to eat a sit down lunch in a MDR. 

Edited by Ken the cruiser
  • Like 2

54 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

I’m just looking at the Day 3 (the only sea day so far) Patter in post #77 where it says the Coral MDR is open between 12 - 1:30, plus the fact that on sea days on pretty much any Princess cruise ship, a MDR will always be open for lunch. I can’t even imagine no one on a sea day, to include those in Club Class dining, not being allowed the opportunity to eat a sit down lunch in a MDR. 

Ok when I look at post 77 it starts with the back of the patter...so I thought they posted it back then front...the backs don't say what day is what..which is why I asked about lunch and the poster responded that no mdr were open ...so I trusted what they said as they are on the ship now...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, cruzrbachoua said:

Ok when I look at post 77 it starts with the back of the patter...so I thought they posted it back then front...the backs don't say what day is what..which is why I asked about lunch and the poster responded that no mdr were open ...so I trusted what they said as they are on the ship now...

The first image includes breakfast so that can't be the back of embarkation day.  I think that one is out of place.  They almost look in order after that so maybe that first one is the back page of day 4.

31 minutes ago, prmssk said:

The first image includes breakfast so that can't be the back of embarkation day.  I think that one is out of place.  They almost look in order after that so maybe that first one is the back page of day 4.

Ok will go back and look but was also going off what OP responded when I asked and they said no...I don't want to hijack their thread over this.