Broken arm

3 hours ago, donaldsc said:

What does your doctor say?

DON

Unless it was a very serious break that requires current attention, or follow up during the time they would be on the cruise, I would have to think that a break that occurred 3 weeks ago that is in a cast as indicated by the OP would not be a cause for concern. If it was I kind of doubt they would be considering cruising in the first place.

Besides, the OP's question was regarding a cause for concern with the cruise line, or issues and other people's experience with cruising with a broken arm.  Doesn't seem like there is a medical concern with them from a doctor's perspective.  If there was, why ask us for our opinion?  Just wondering.  🙂

Edited by leaveitallbehind
  • Thanks 1

The only concern I'd have is keeping the cast dry.  DIY with plastic wrap, plastic bags, first aid tape.  Or, there are cast covers available online  - search for 'waterproof cast covers for swimming'.  

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Tennis tennis tennis said:

Has anyone cruised with a broken arm?  Due to cruise with husband next week  - broke my arm (radius) almost 3 weeks ago, it’s presently in a cast. 

Not a broken arm but two days prior to the cruise I had a cast removed from a broken wrist and being on the cruise did not turn out that well.I could not carry a carry on,I could not use silverware to eat ,just to name a few things.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Tennis tennis tennis said:

Has anyone cruised with a broken arm?  Due to cruise with husband next week  - broke my arm (radius) almost 3 weeks ago, it’s presently in a cast. 

Howdy @Tennis tennis tennis emo22.gif

Your thread has been moved to the Disabled Cruise Travel forum. It is our most popular forum where cruisers with physical limitations share their advice & experiences. Browse through thread titles here on this forum and l👀k for titles of interest. You will probably find your fellow Cruise Critic members have already posted questions and received answers that will be of interest to you. And since you are in the UK and we do not know your itinerary, browse the Europe Disabled Cruising forum too.

Hope this will be helpful and glad to have you aboard Cruise Critic! emo35.gif

Happy sails,

Host Kat emo32.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Not a broken arm, but a "brand new" (!?) torn rotator cuff.

Huge "OUCH" was the biggest problem.

DH had to help me great dressed, and even then, it was very difficult.

(I later found special clothing that had things like snaps at the shoulders, etc.  "Next time"...!)

We thought about cancelling; we had full insurance, and my physician would have fully supported it.

However, we were SO glad that we went.

It was my dominant arm, so I couldn't cut food, and sometimes I requested something to be cut when I ordered.  Otherwise, DH was on the case again.

I wasn't able to swim, and didn't feel comfortable near deep water, even though I used to be a bit of a junior fish.  (The next trip was to a warm water resort, and then I just wore a life preserver.  I hadn't thought about that for the cruise; everything was a bit confused as the injury was very new and I was just beginning to figure out how to deal with it.)

It would be difficult to think of a situation where we *could* cruise but would prefer to stay home (other than a potentially very serious upper respiratory virus, that is 😱).

GC