Carnival Banning Drones

sunonfire

TBH, you've only been allowed to take them on for in port use.  I know that some people are really into their drone use, but since so many ports don't allow them and there were so many people trying to use them on board (even though they weren't supposed to), I can kind of see where they are coming from.

I can just imagine the negative review here once a cruiser gets locked up in a foreign port because he was flying a drone that he snuck on board and Carnival didn't come bail him out.

While these are fun to fly, many operators often have little respect for privacy and legal limits.

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, crewsweeper said:

While these are fun to fly, many operators often have little respect for privacy and legal limits.

Or the ability to use one without disturbing others.

Has some moron crash his into a crowd of people trying to relax on a beach. Barely apooligized and just wnet back to annoying everyone.

On 5/20/2022 at 7:39 AM, crewsweeper said:

I can just imagine the negative review here once a cruiser gets locked up in a foreign port because he was flying a drone that he snuck on board and Carnival didn't come bail him out.

With those beach shots, pretty sure 99 percent of people in the footage didn't want to be in it

5 hours ago, Moviela said:

Now if we could just ban scooters...except for people who truly need them.

It's not like a local grocery store where you simply hop on and go. I'm not sure if you're going to find someone who shelled out a couple hundred bucks on a rental or flew halfway across the country with their own simply because it was 'fun'. 🤬

That said, keep the drones, bring back skeet shooting. 

Edited by Buckimion
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, bguppies said:

Or the ability to use one without disturbing others.

Has some moron crash his into a crowd of people trying to relax on a beach. Barely apooligized and just wnet back to annoying everyone.

We have one at work and my manager crashed it once. I'm glad it was him and not me! It wasn't cheap to fix. I refuse to touch it.