Full Suite Bathroom Toiletries - 2022

shirazcruiser

If anyone who has sailed in a full suite this year, would you please advise if Princess still provides bars of soap in the shower or are there large containers of shower wash/shampoo instead? We haven't sailed since COVID and our upcoming cruise is on the Island Princess in a Premium Suite.  I viewed some YouTube videos for our Enchanted cruise in a Penthouse and saw some suite videos with full pump bottles at the sink - I'm assuming soap and body lotion whereas another suite video showed small individual bottles.  We prefer soap bars in the shower and we bring foaming soap for the sink.  Any info would be appreciated. 

yes, liquid soap at the sink.   No small containers of lotion, just large one by sink.    No sewing kit. Had to ask for a shower cap.  No shoe horn,   Can't remember all but they really have cut back.

Discovery PH suite had liquid soap at 2 sinks & in shower   , 1 large lotion in bottle by shower, sleeping masks, nail files , few small items wrapped in facecloth. Box of thin Kleenex, No bar of soap. 
lotion bottle had eucalyptus on it.

37 minutes ago, dog said:

Discovery PH suite had liquid soap at 2 sinks & in shower   , 1 large lotion in bottle by shower, sleeping masks, nail files , few small items wrapped in facecloth. Box of thin Kleenex, No bar of soap. 
lotion bottle had eucalyptus on it.

This was our "suite" amenities. Whoopy🎉

20220428_190338_HDR.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

For some reason I brought along an old sewing kit.   Hardly have ever used them but wouldn't you know I need to sew something last cruise and luckily I had my own.   So I will bring the sewing kit for my next cruise.

We were just on the CB in a vista suite for 18 days and even though we only initially received liquid soap in both the shower and tub locations and a bar of soap at the sink, we had no issues getting our steward to keep us in an ample supply of both as well as shampoo and conditioner. There were also tissues by the sink, but that was pretty much it. 

BTW we never saw any of the amenities in the picture provided at post #8.

Edited by Ken the cruiser

Thanks everyone for the responses. We always book a full suite and it's a shame on the suite amenity cutbacks - I save the nice sewing kits for my travel bag - but JR-retired RRT - your photo is rather "sad". Oh well -  we're just excited to sail again after so many cancellations and we so look forward to the suite breakfast!

Just now, shirazcruiser said:

Thanks everyone for the responses. We always book a full suite and it's a shame on the suite amenity cutbacks - I save the nice sewing kits for my travel bag - but JR-retired RRT - your photo is rather "sad". Oh well -  we're just excited to sail again after so many cancellations and we so look forward to the suite breakfast!

It really is ship to ship and cruise to cruise what you will or might get. Think of it as a suprise when you get on board.   Just think about all your breakfasts. ☺️

9 minutes ago, waltd said:

It really is ship to ship and cruise to cruise what you will or might get. Think of it as a suprise when you get on board.   Just think about all your breakfasts. ☺️

You are too funny! That's what I'll do - and I'm dreaming of french toast and some "happy juice".

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, JF - retired RRT said:

This was our "suite" amenities. Whoopy🎉

20220428_190338_HDR.jpg

J - you were lucky to find "so much" in your suite.  On the Grand...I had a wash cloth folded into a nice pocket with a shower cap and emery board.  But steward was great in finding me items.

1 hour ago, shirazcruiser said:

Upon arrival:  round soap, body gel tube, shampoo/conditioner tube, lotion tube.  Vase of flowers (roses, orchid spray, and/or carnation).  Gone is the container of epsom salt.  Replaced upon request.  There were no refillable/reusable containers which I find to be a health hazard.

1 hour ago, shirazcruiser said:

HBCcruiser - thanks for responding - with the ship inconsistencies, I'm back to the idea of bringing my own foaming soap for the sink - DH hates bar soap at sink. 

I brought on a $1.00 bottle of foaming soap for my sink since I was on the ship for 25 days.  Used half a bottle.  I know...I know....I offered the half bottle to my jr. water who gladly accepted it (or threw it away).  We had many talks about what she buys ashore so I felt comfortable making the offer.  Also gave her several unopened sample packages of ALL laundry detergent.  

• Like 1

15 hours ago, HBCcruiser said:

I sailed on the Grand in April in a full suite S4 and we had round bars of soap and the small containers of shampoo, conditioner, bath gel and lotion. I even asked for extra and got a ton! 

IMG_9657.jpeg

Flowers!? There's something else I didn't get. There wasn't a flower in the whole suite. Just some fake, plastic "succulents".

14 minutes ago, JF - retired RRT said:

Flowers!? There's something else I didn't get. There wasn't a flower in the whole suite. Just some fake, plastic "succulents".

Not even the orchid in the living room? 

AB5284FC-6B79-4C59-A006-8C2EC49BAD8D.jpeg

1 hour ago, HBCcruiser said:

Not even the orchid in the living room? 

AB5284FC-6B79-4C59-A006-8C2EC49BAD8D.jpeg

Nada. I stated in one post about our "stuff" that wasn't provided that we had a "lousy" steward. Got chewed out. Something to the effect that I needed to train the steward. Pretty sure that's not my job. It was our first (& likely only suite). Looked forward to all those "extras" and the only ones I got were the ones I knew to ask for. It was like being in a regular cabin. Even had to ask for the door hangers for AM breakfast and canapés.

On Discovery in S4 cabin, I don't recall seeing either bar or round soap, only the liquid hand pump ones.  And a couple of those didn't work right, had Andy replace the them.  Both the ones in the shower worked poorly, the body wash a slight dribble and the Shampoo/conditioner combo just blowing bubbles.  Was slightly upset, as we didn't get our upgraded amenities and the regular products didn't even work right.

Same here about the soap pumps not working. Our steward fixed it when we started leaving the top off.

no orchid, but 2 real, ugly plants in suite.

I was not expecting much as it was 4 days. 
we did get free specialty dinner & booked free online before cruise.

anything we wanted we asked for.

as I previously mentioned I left a printed copy of the suite amenities & elite perks on the desk and checked them off when received.

6 hours ago, JF - retired RRT said:

Nada. I stated in one post about our "stuff" that wasn't provided that we had a "lousy" steward. Got chewed out. Something to the effect that I needed to train the steward. Pretty sure that's not my job. It was our first (& likely only suite). Looked forward to all those "extras" and the only ones I got were the ones I knew to ask for. It was like being in a regular cabin. Even had to ask for the door hangers for AM breakfast and canapés.

I will have to get you back on a cruise with me...in a suite....even if just for a few days.  

@dogEven on my 4 and 5 day cruise, there was an orchid plant.  I watched the flowers fall off and immediately, they were removed from the pot by my steward.  When it was down to 2 blooms, the plant was repalced.

Edited by cr8tiv1
  • Like 1