Good Experience Stockholders Credit

Jim_Iain

We often complain about all type of items on CC.

I wanted to say I had the best experience with Royal Caribbean Stockholders Credit Department in years.    After our last cruise I had dumped all my RCL Stock as I thought it was overpriced.   As fate  would have it  the market took a turn and RCL nose dived.   I picked it up again in May about 50 cents off it's bottom and was able to turn the balance of my  200 shares into 250 shares.  

Earlier this year I submitted 3 times and only after escalation got my OBC's

I submitted my request using the On-Line page and entered 3 cruises on the same form.   I also uploaded a copy of my statement with name, date, account number redacted, and shares circled in red.    I was surprised yesterday when I got 3 e-mails yesterday with copies of my credits.    I also checked online and they were all there 

Great Job RCL

• Like 7

4 hours ago, Phxazzcruisers said:

I submitted the online form 3 weeks before my cruise.  Never got an email, but noticed that the credit was posted to my OBC on line a week before the cruise

My last submission I never got an e-mail this time I got 3 separate one

The subjefct was Onboard BkgGuest Invoice and then reservation number.   I though it was going to be the final invoice after final payment to my agent.

4 minutes ago, C4HCG said:

So you can get benefits by owning shares?

Yes --- you need 100 shares - you get between $100 for less than 14 days to $250 for 14 days plus.   Maybe that's why Celebrity has cut most of their cruises to less then 14 days LOL    No limit on number of cruises. 

The OBC's alone helps mitigate the actual price fluctuation if you should buy at the high end.

This year RCL hit a high of  88.00 in February and Bottomed at 48.75 May 24.    She has settled for the moment at $55-56. 

I use to be a day-trader after retirement so am very comfortable with market fluctuations (the reason I dumped my holdings when I did) .  but really recommend you research any stock before purchasing and make sure it meets your risk tolerance and investment strategy.

https://www.rclinvestor.com/contact-us/faqs/shareholder-benefit/

• Thanks 2

Just now, Jim_Iain said:

Yes --- you need 100 shares - you get between $100 for less than 14 days to $250 for 14 days plus.   Maybe that's why Celebrity has cut most of their cruises to less then 14 days LOL    No limit on number of cruises. 

The OBC's alone helps mitigate the actual price fluctuation if you should buy at the high end.

This year RCL hit a high of  88.00 in February and Bottomed at 48.75 May 24.    She has settled for the moment at $55-56. 

I use to be a day-trader after retirement so am very comfortable with market fluctuations (the reason I dumped my holdings when I did) .  but really recommend you research any stock before purchasing and make sure it meets your risk tolerance and investment strategy.

https://www.rclinvestor.com/contact-us/faqs/shareholder-benefit/

Thanks Jim, my sons are the investors so will pass that to them. Trying to talk them into coming on a cruise with us so all benefits help!

We have been fortunate to never have any issues. I always send them an Email and get the $ quickly. The only time we didn’t get it is for our upcoming Alaska cruise. Not sure why,  but I think it’s because we booked before we got the stock. We had to push it out twice, but still no luck 

I bought 100 shares when it bottomed and got in at $20.64.A lot of folk right here on CC thought I was crazy to buy it when I did. I have been on 6 cruises since the restart and have received $750 in OBC so far. I have 6 more cruises booked before the end of the year, another $600, so I think it will pay for itself rather easily.

• Like 1

We bought our stock in 2009…won’t say the price then. Our manager told us that the stock was higher risk and didn’t recommend it. I told him it didn’t matter if it trashed, we’d get a min of $100/cruise. He said this isn’t a good reason to go buying stock. Took him Do It.

A year later, he told me he bought in as he watched it go crazy. Funny. 

For a while, the Stock OBC didn’t work out because X didn’t allow it to be used along with other benefits given by them……recently, they changed and we just get it for all cruises. 

Den

• Thanks 1

The last time I tried to use this I was told it was rejected because my name did not appear on the documentation I provided.  My name was clearly on the statement although at the bottom. I received the email while on the cruise in spite of filing the request a month in advance, 😖

14 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

We often complain about all type of items on CC.

I wanted to say I had the best experience with Royal Caribbean Stockholders Credit Department in years.    After our last cruise I had dumped all my RCL Stock as I thought it was overpriced.   As fate  would have it  the market took a turn and RCL nose dived.   I picked it up again in May about 50 cents off it's bottom and was able to turn the balance of my  200 shares into 250 shares.  

Earlier this year I submitted 3 times and only after escalation got my OBC's

I submitted my request using the On-Line page and entered 3 cruises on the same form.   I also uploaded a copy of my statement with name, date, account number redacted, and shares circled in red.    I was surprised yesterday when I got 3 e-mails yesterday with copies of my credits.    I also checked online and they were all there 

Great Job RCL

I second your thanks. Extended a 7 night Norway by staying on for a 12 nights Baltics by booking onboard 48 hours before the second cruise. Emailed Investor Relations the next day, OBC was confirmed within 12 hours and credited to the new cruise on change over day. The present share price is still double what we paid and we have had over double the cost back in OBC. Also pre pandemic the dividend was another little bonus. 

I own 100 shares of CCL, RCL, and NCLH.

Each has a similar benefit and each owns several cruise lines.

We  just used the NCLH benefit on a Regent cruise, and I sent the required docs  electronically  to RCL yesterday for our 8-31-22 cruise on Summit.  We have cruised on HAL many times and used the CCL credit each time. 

15 hours ago, mahdnc said:

@Jim_Iain, so the good experience was the market timing?

My good news was that I got my OBC on the first try.   in February I failed after the 3rd try and had to escalate   I escalated after they rejected it saying my name wasn't on the reservation even though I had circled it in red ink. .

8 hours ago, gordylad said:

Ive never dabbled in shares so wondering if I can buy RCL in the UK? What is the current price?

Cheers

I would expect you could.   RCL is listed on the NY Stock Exchange and any broker should be able to execute it for you.    My brokerage house doesn't charge any purchase fee   Some agencies charge a commission.

So, to be clear, you can not use it on a cruises that you already have booked, so that's important to remember.  Also, the OBC is NRD, so if you usually get quite a lot from your TA, or do not use, it be careful!  

11 hours ago, Lastdance said:

So, to be clear, you can not use it on a cruises that you already have booked, so that's important to remember.  Also, the OBC is NRD, so if you usually get quite a lot from your TA, or do not use, it be careful!  

Not sure what you mean by this. I had two RCCL cruises booked, decided to buy some stock during one of the dips which was a few months after I had booked the cruises, and just had it applied. No issues at all doing it and nowhere in their FAQ/PDF does it have restrictions on what order you have to buy/book.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Lastdance said:

No and no.

You just have to own the shares when you apply, you can buy after you have booked. OBC from whatever source no longer affects the Shareholders benefit. We have never had a request refused even when we were on a charter cruise.

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, the penguins said:

No and no.

You just have to own the shares when you apply, you can buy after you have booked. OBC from whatever source no longer affects the Shareholders benefit. We have never had a request refused even when we were on a charter cruise.

This has been true in my experience.  As a further shout out to RCG, I'll let you know its shareholder benefit is simply tacked on regardless of promotion.  On Oceania, we learned it may not be combinable if you have OBC included as a promotion.  We still have 100 shares of NCLH and RCG, but the RCG is of greater use.  

16 hours ago, Lastdance said:

Sorry not following.   You CAN use on a cruise you have booked.   I booked mine about 2 years ago and just had the credit applied this week.

The OBC is indeed NRD and is in addition to what you may have gotten with your travel agent.   I have always found a way to spend mine. 

On 6/6/2022 at 10:13 AM, gordylad said:

Ive never dabbled in shares so wondering if I can buy RCL in the UK? What is the current price?

Cheers

As of today, it’s $56, about £44. I bought mine through a UK broker many years ago and have had many $ of on board credit plus the dividends pre-Covid. Just submitted my latest brokerage statement by email and never had any issues. I have the OBC already showing up for my next two cruises, also valid on Royal Caribbean cruises and Azamara, but not sure about that since it was sold. I don’t believe that you can buy them direct as they trade in the USA. 

Edited by rojojacko
Add UK currency conversion.