Any need for bottoms other than shorts?

31 minutes ago, baelor said:

"Specifically, will I be turned away or prevented from entering any venue because of dress code or safety?"

You should be, but since you don't care why bother asking.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, orville99 said:

You should be, but since you don't care why bother asking.

Because "will" and "should" are different words that mean different things, and I do actually care about the latter.

I am not sure why you are confused about why I care about answers to my OP but do not care about things that are irrelevant to my OP.  That seems like a straightforward concept to me.

Anyway, thanks for the answers--yes, I do need them for the skating rink.  If there are any other venues, let me know.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, baelor said:

I have worn suits to Michelin-star restaurants.  I have worn jeans to a nice steakhouse that generally runs $300-400 per person after tax and tip and seen shorts in it.  I could be very surprised, but my guess is that nothing on board comes close to a "5 star" (or, more precisely, 3-Michelin star) restaurant.

Obviously no one can stop anyone from offering their irrelevant opinions, but OP was asking about what the enforceable policy on board is, not for the CC community's hot takes on the formality of clothing.

This forum seems to struggle with precision in responses.

The true answer is unknown. These things can be ship specific

1 hour ago, orville99 said:

UHHH...you ARE the OP. If you want to dress like you are on your way to a tractor pull, go for it, but why bother asking your original question in the first place. It is obvious you aren't going to pay any attention to what anyone else says anyway.

FB_IMG_1654446855051.jpg.337b9d44e043b20f730f937497a9de09.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

I've come to the conclusion that giving my money to a place that wants to dictate what I wear to enter probably isn't worth my time.  The exception to that is when my wife wants to dress up, I acquiesce and bring a pair of khaki's for formal night.  But I do it for her sake, not the establishment's.

I'm a shorts and crocs person and was glad to be wearing jeans when we went to the ice show.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lane Hog said:

I've come to the conclusion that giving my money to a place that wants to dictate what I wear to enter probably isn't worth my time.  The exception to that is when my wife wants to dress up, I acquiesce and bring a pair of khaki's for formal night.  But I do it for her sake, not the establishment's.

I'm a shorts and crocs person and was glad to be wearing jeans when we went to the ice show.

If you like Crocs, you should try Hey Dudes. Great comfy slip ons

4 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

FB_IMG_1654446855051.jpg.337b9d44e043b20f730f937497a9de09.jpg

I don't want any opinions at all.  That is why I asked a factual question and am looking for factual answers.

I guess people struggle to distinguish the two...

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

6 minutes ago, baelor said:

I don't want any opinions at all.  That is why I asked a factual question and am looking for factual answers.

I guess people struggle to distinguish the two...

There is no factual answer

Inconsistency is in their name😉

2 hours ago, baelor said:

Good to know--we are on Symphony and one of our group wants to skate, so I will pack a pair of long pants/sweats.

You're from the northwest, you should be used to skating in shorts.  Be a Kraken! 😁

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Lol.  The ice rink is kind of like 60's weather in Florida.  Floridians all bundled up in coats and Canadians still walking around in shorts 

I brought a blanket on Symphony 😉

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, cured said:

Any need for bottoms other than shorts?

I would plan on underwear. Unless of course, you prefer commando. 

My shorts have built-in underwear. 😘

40 minutes ago, Ferry_Watcher said:

You ARE the OP - why are you now speaking in the third person?

OP can refer to the post or the poster.  I was using it to refer to my O(riginal)P(ost).  

• Like 1