Why doesn't Celebrity have coffee makers in their verandas?

fstuff1

On 6/10/2022 at 3:30 PM, cublet said:

Hello,

Perhaps you would be so good as to explain something to me.

There were many more cuts of bacon than we have in the UK now,  predominantly 'Back' and 'Streaky' - one of the missing cuts is 'middle cut' that is the back and streaky still joined.

Whenever I see 'American' bacon in the Oceanview cafe or wherever, I always wonder what has happened to the 'back' bacon  bit of the animal? Does it have another life in another dish elsewhere?

Appreciate your responses.

Regards,

Cublet

It is is the buffet labelled as English bacon…

On 6/12/2022 at 5:10 AM, cublet said:

Hello,

And in America?

Regards,

Cublet

I think they chop it up, dehaydrate it and sell it as "Bac-O-Bits".

There is also an alternative version:  They chop up leftover cardboard packaging,

pour rancid bacon grease over it,  dehydrate that and sell it as bacon bits.

• 1 year later...

Most experts would agree that the in room coffee maker is one of the LEAST cleaned items in the room. They may wipe down the exterior but you have NO IDEA what others have put inside of it. I would never use one. Now I would use a kettle for water because I can clean that one myself.

On 6/6/2022 at 1:56 PM, fstuff1 said:

I was on Apex in both sunset veranda and Aquaclass (doing a b2b).

No coffee maker.

I enjoy waking up, making coffee and drinking it in my balcony in my pajamas.

I dont want to get dressed and goto the spa cafe or the buffet just to get coffee. (I don't eat breakfast to cut down on weight gain on cruises.)

NCL has coffee makers in their balcony cabins. 

Why doesn't Celebrity?

If I remember correctly. The Silhouette and Reflection have a area called The Hideaway. The Hideaway has a coffee station on deck 7 or 8. Book your cabin near The Hideaway coffee station.

My hubby and I love hot black coffee. Does anyone know if these coffee carts/stations are on the Apex anywhere in the cabin areas? I realize there's coffee in the buffet and also via room service, just looking for all possible locations. I had asked before if we could get hot black coffee at Cafe Albacio but the census was no on here. I found this bizarre since it's a coffee bar?  This is our first trip in a Celebrity cruise even though we are experienced cruisers. Thanks for any insight. 

There is no equivalent to the Hideaway self serve station on any ship other than Sillho and Reflection.

the coffee bar—Cafe Al Bacio — does not serve brewed coffee.  Only espresso-based drinks.

The closest they serve to brewed coffee is Americano which is an espresso diluted with water.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Esmerelda said:

My hubby and I love hot black coffee. Does anyone know if these coffee carts/stations are on the Apex anywhere in the cabin areas? I realize there's coffee in the buffet and also via room service, just looking for all possible locations. I had asked before if we could get hot black coffee at Cafe Albacio but the census was no on here. I found this bizarre since it's a coffee bar?  This is our first trip in a Celebrity cruise even though we are experienced cruisers. Thanks for any insight. 

You can get coffee at Bacio 

8 minutes ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

You can get coffee at Bacio 

As stated above, you cannot get brewed coffee there, only espresso based coffees. And those coffees are fee based, although covered by the classic beverage package.

8 minutes ago, mom says said:

As stated above, you cannot get brewed coffee there, only espresso based coffees. And those coffees are fee based, although covered by the classic beverage package.

1 hour ago, Esmerelda said:

My hubby and I love hot black coffee.
 had asked before if we could get hot black coffee at Cafe Albacio but the census was no on here. I found this bizarre since it's a coffee bar?  

The question was about a hot black coffee, and if you can get it in Bacio 

espresso is a hot black coffee , that is the way I make it at home 😁

• Like 1

On 6/6/2022 at 5:37 PM, hrhdhd said:

studies show people who eat breakfast lose more weight when they are dieting

I think that newer research disagrees with that hypothesis now.  In addition, it is worth noting that many of the original studies were done by breakfast cereal companies like Kellogg's.

https://www.vox.com/2019/2/1/18206873/breakfast-diet-weight-loss