Corkage fee on Oasis

32 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

In theory, yes.  In practice, probably not.

What if you don’t finish it and they store it until the next meal.  I’m guessing that is much more likely to trigger a fee?  

Of course the OP can also just open in their cabin and bring their pre poured wine to dinner if they only want one glass each.  

While I agree that the fee is rarely if ever charged, bear in mind that a corkage fee has absolutely nothing to do with who opens the bottle - as in a regular restaurant it is a fee for bringing your own wine when the establishment also sells it. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, gerif said:

While I agree that the fee is rarely if ever charged, bear in mind that a corkage fee has absolutely nothing to do with who opens the bottle - as in a regular restaurant it is a fee for bringing your own wine when the establishment also sells it. 

But it's wine that the cruise line allows you to bring on board for consumption.   They shouldn't charge at all based on that premise.   

Another solution:  Just pop your cork in your cabin before hand, stick it back in and carry your wine bottle into the restaurant all ready to go!  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

we asked them to open the wine that was delivered by the cruise line- no fee.  Also we did pour our own wine in glasses and brought to the dining room another night.

That's what we do.

3 hours ago, F27TW said:

But it's wine that the cruise line allows you to bring on board for consumption.   They shouldn't charge at all based on that premise.   

Another solution:  Just pop your cork in your cabin before hand, stick it back in and carry your wine bottle into the restaurant all ready to go!  

While they allow you to bring wine onboard, they also clearly state that a corkage fee will be charged if consumed in a public place (e.g., dining room or bar). In practice, they usually don’t charge. 

As to your “solution,” please note that a corkage fee has absolutely nothing to do with who opens the bottle or where it is actually opened - look it up if you don’t believe me. 

We have never been charged a corkage fee, one time a waiter asked me if I was aware of the fee he was supposed to charge and I said yes but he did not charge us.  No one els has ever mentioned it.  

Sherri🙂