Cabins overlooking the bow on Voyager of the Seas

We're looking at booking a very port-intensive cruise next year so we don't think we'll get enough use out of a balcony to justify the added expense. We're considering an Oceanview cabin on either deck 6 or 7 that overlooks the bow of the ship. What have your experiences been in those cabins? Does the angle of the cabin change the layout at all. On the deck plans, these cabins look like they might be bigger than a typical Oceanview cabin, are they? Any insight to these cabins would be a big help. Thanks!

Just now, John&LaLa said:

Really far away from everything😉

That being said, I have one on Serenade for the world cruise. I'll definitely get my steps in for 9 months🤣🤣

We, quite often, have an aft balcony. We actually enjoy the walk.

2 minutes ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

Necessary evil for me.

Look at the OV's up on 12. They are nice, and have new furnishings.

Downside is potential fog horn noise, and noise from deck space above

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 1

Not on Voyager but, we had one on Radiance on the top end part of the complete circumnavigation of Australia just before the shutdown. The air conditioner decided to start acting up and it got extremely hot in the room due to the angle that the sun could shine in the cabin. We almost went to the solarium to sleep because it was way to warm in the room. We sure were glad when the second leg started and we got to change rooms. Other than that, it as ok. Like others said, it was a long walk to the back of the ship but, it walked off some calories. 😉

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

Yes, but doing it for 9 months might get old real fast. Might be best to bring a pair of rollerblades.

• Haha 2

I have one booked on the Voyager for a cruise in August and September. I had also booked one on the Celebrity Solstice for a cruise this spring that Celebrity cancelled. Even if the additional space is under a sloping window, it should make the cabin feel larger.

I had cabin 8500 on the Explorer, which is a family cabin. It actually had a door separating the bedroom and a separate bunk room with a door. We really liked it. The only thing was you must keep your curtains closed at night since the bridge is above you. I believe that is true for all forward cabins, regardless of deck.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We had one on the Allure and loved it.  We slept with the curtains open and kept binoculars on the bedside table.  We started packing a couple of days early (the dirty clothes hamper was overflowing) and just slid the open suitcases towards the window.  There is a lot of space there that would be a great storage area on a (very) long cruise.

Edited by ZoeyVictoria
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, CruiseDancer said:

I had cabin 8500 on the Explorer, which is a family cabin. It actually had a door separating the bedroom and a separate bunk room with a door. We really liked it. The only thing was you must keep your curtains closed at night since the bridge is above you. I believe that is true for all forward cabins, regardless of deck.

We had 9500 on Adventure a few weeks ago.  One night we accidentally left a curtain open.  The room steward knocked on our door... he had gotten a call from the bridge, asking us to close it!

I had that very cabin you're talking about on Adventure.  It was the best cabin ever!  When they pulled into the docks, you could see EVERYTHING!  The only restriction was we had to close the drapes when in the cabin with the lights on, so we wouldn't blind the Captain (the bridge was literally right below us).